Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Costanza 831

Was it the right decision to fire Cameron now?

Was firing Cameron with 3 games left the right choice?   20 members have voted

1. 1. Was firing Cameron with 3 games left the right choice?

• Yes
    • No
    • Wait and see what Caldwell does first

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 posts in this topic

I 100% believe it was the right decision. He is a terrible coach and an overturned broom with a bucket for a head would be an improvement over that clown at this point. What do you think?

I don't see how Caldwell could be any worse at play calling. It should also give the team the opportunity to see if Joe is a big part of the problem. He may flourish under Caldwell, or he could just be what he is.

I don't see how Caldwell could be any worse at play calling. It should also give the team the opportunity to see if Joe is a big part of the problem. He may flourish under Caldwell, or he could just be what he is.

I think Joe is a slightly above average QB but Cam Cameron's idiotic system and playcalls are designed for Joe Montana or Johnny U himself. He didn't coach to Flacco's strengths and around his weaknesses. He just called his own stupid pre-drawn out play and wouldn't change his game plan for anything. Cameron being fired is one of the best decisions that Bisciotti has ever made

And this is what needed to be done to find out.

Unless Caldwell can play LT or can stop receivers from running wide open I don't think it'll make a bit of difference who the OC is

Unless Caldwell can play LT or can stop receivers from running wide open I don't think it'll make a bit of difference who the OC is
LOL. Classic. Better play calling won't make a difference in the performance of the offense. Talk about real "riots".

:rolleyes:

LOL. Classic. Better play calling won't make a difference in the performance of the offense. Talk about real "riots".

:rolleyes:

Yeah it's the offense that was beaten by a 3rd string qb and a rookie back up qb on a 6-6 team. Yeah riot is right :rolleyes: here have another one Nancy :rolleyes:

Is it possible that better play calling and a better feel for the flow of the game could help those deficiencies?

If the offense plays better, it mitigates some of the defensive failings.

Exactly. But time and time again that tool keeps trying to misdirect the attention away from what's actually being talked about. If we're talking about the offense, he talks about the defense. If we're talking about the defense, he talks about the offense. I've been watching this all year, and it's always the exact same thing with this poster.

Is it possible that better play calling and a better feel for the flow of the game could help those deficiencies?

Caldwell's going to coach the defense?:confused:

Better than what? The offense played a good games against the skins(better than usual anyway), it still didn't stop wide open skins receivers

It was past time to get rid of him.

Vanilla offense indeed. Hopefully Joe and Jim can get thigns going

Now the "d" is another story! They need some serious help and it's not available within.

Better than what? The offense played a good games against the skins(better than usual anyway), it still didn't stop wide open skins receivers

The offense played great in the first half, but not so much in the second (turnovers don't help). Either way, our defense is too injured/old/terrible to be relied on to win games right now. Any improvement in offense helps that. A "prevent" defense that actually prevents something (besides the starting QB not finishing) doesn't hurt either.

Scoring 40 or so usually handles most problems. :P

Case in point. Clearly, this man doesn't even understand basic math. The Ravens lost by 3 points. IF the offense had done something more substantial in the SECOND HALF of the game, which Cameron choked to death, then a TD would have allowed the Ravens to WIN by 4 points, despite the fact that the D still sucked. Why that most obvious point is totally lost on him is beyond me. Either he's just not very bright (a distinct possibility/probability), he THINKS he's smarter than everyone else (highly UNlikely), or else he's just here to argue for the sake of arguing (my feeling is that's what he's all about, because this sort of circular crap happens way too often, and he's really the only one who does it over and over and over...)

Maybe having a better feel for the game, like when the hurry up works yet he went away from it for some unknown reason, they just might be up by more than eight and the Ravens not have to worry about a late drive.

Maybe better play calling means having your best offensive player touch the ball in the fourth quarter with a lead helping the Ravens run down the clock not giving the other team a chance for a last second FG.

Not sure if the timing matters at all really but the guy needed to go.

Maybe having a better feel for the game, like when the hurry up works yet he went away from it for some unknown reason, they just might be up by more than eight and the Ravens not have to worry about a late drive.

Maybe better play calling means having your best offensive player touch the ball in the fourth quarter with a lead helping the Ravens run down the clock not giving the other team a chance for a last second FG.

Not sure if the timing matters at all really but the guy needed to go.

I don't disagree that he needed to go, I'm not a Cam fan and didn't want him back to begin with. I just think those of you expecting miracles out of Caldwell are in for a rude awakening

They played a good first half against the Skins but when the chips were down they couldn't do jack squat. See @Cincy in 2010, @Houston 2010, @ New England 2010, @Pittsburgh in the AFC Divisional Game 2010 @Jacksonville 2011, @ Tennessee 2011, @ Philadelphia 2012 for further details. This is a recurring problem and the bum should have been shown the door after that debacle in Pittsburgh in 2010. But better late than never i suppose. Bisciotti made the right decision to pull the trigger on this because Fraudbaugh certainly didn't have the cajones to do it

I guess it is the right decision, though it would have been much better done about 8 months or so ago. It is a concern that they're trying to change course at this point in the season. My hope (which is something I don't know about) is that there are lots of good plays in the book that Cameron just wasn't using but will now be worked into the plan. It just seems like trying to come up with new plays at this point could be problematic.

I sure would like to see the reshuffling of the OL that people have been calling for. As regrettable as Cam's play calling was, I still believe the major problem is the offensive line in both pass protection and run blocking. Failing that, I hope they focus on quicker developing plays and misdirections that will keep opponents' out of our backfield a bit longer.

I don't disagree that he needed to go, I'm not a Cam fan and didn't want him back to begin with. I just think those of you expecting miracles out of Caldwell are in for a rude awakening
Typical "straw man" nonsensical argument. Where, in ANY POST, did ANYONE say: "You know...now that Caldwell is the OC...I'm expecting miracles"? So putting up a supposed "argument" that NO ONE EVER STATED, IS the definition of a "straw man" argument -- it doesn't exist in the first place, then you form an argument around it. Straw. Air. Doesn't exist. Bmore_Ken.

Since the Defense sucks the best offensive gameplan and one that Cam refused to adhere to would be one of ball control.They also need to attack the middle of the field more and Flacco needs to buy a clue because there are obvious situations where he knows that he has to unload the ball quickly yet he refuses to do so.I would much rather see an incomplete pass and a punt than watch him sit in the pocket like a statue and take a sack and get stripped of the ball deep inside their own territory.

This move was long overdue because Cam was a major problem, but until Flacco shows otherwise he may be one as well.The dude is still making too many rookie mistakes for being around as long as he has.

Oh I'm not expecting much of a change. I don't expect to see him back next year as OC.

Better late than never.

He should have been gone two years ago - certainly last January! But its all history now.

For those doubting an immediate effect - just remember that the Ravens have the plays and the personnel to be dynamic (O line is suspect but we have to live with what we got there) its just that CAM never used them (at least since early in the season).

I'll take my chances with Joe in the shotgun and no huddle - while he stops trying to make 40 yard 3rd down pass play conversions for CAM.

CAM gone equals instant improvement - any day - every day!