Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLUSHPEESNOW

Any one a big fan of Pees?

48 posts in this topic

Our dismal rating is only surpassed by our performance. Pees stinks and anyone defending him is a moron. My old avatar was Camsgottogo. Hear I am with a new one. I'm hoping this one doesn't have to stay around as long as the other one. Even with Lewis and Webb they were not that good.

Anyway, anyone a big fan of Pees or should we buy some pet stain remover and flu****?

Like Jerry Seinfeld said back in the 90s, it the Ravens continue to hold their Pees their going to wind up with a severe case of "urimiceaticeatosis" - a POTENTIALLY TERMINAL DISEASE

Our dismal rating is only surpassed by our performance. Pees stinks and anyone defending him is a moron. My old avatar was Camsgottogo. Hear I am with a new one. I'm hoping this one doesn't have to stay around as long as the other one. Even with Lewis and Webb they were not that good.

Anyway, anyone a big fan of Pees or should we buy some pet stain remover and flu****?

I'm not nuts about him, but injuries, diminished performance from Ray and Ed, and a lack of true talent cannot be so easily discounted. And, it's "here".

If the Raven defense continues to get lit up through the end of the season, I seriously doubt Pees will be back. Why would he after Cameron was canned? At the same time though, he really doesn't have much talent on his squad. Even with Haloti Ngata and the improved play of Arthur Jones, his defensive line is average at best. The linebacking crew is horrible and without Webb, the backfield is pitiful. Almost everyone on this side of the ball are horrible tacklers(with Ed Reed leading the way) and basically pretty stupid when it comes to football IQ. Most of the time they just run around the field lost in their own little worlds. To me, that's really not Pees fault but someone is going to take the fall and it will probably be him. So, am I a big fan of Pees? I really couldn't answer that question until I saw him coordinate with legitimate, NFL talent. Right now, he doesn't have it.

Is this some sort of trick question?

Not until he starts to call some man to man on 3rd down and long plays instead of sticking in that zone defense. I scream every week about wide open receivers. My girlfriend is tired of hearing me. :P

B)

All we are saying...

is give Pees a chance.

;)

I'm not nuts about him, but injuries, diminished performance from Ray and Ed, and a lack of true talent cannot be so easily discounted. And, it's "here".

Yes. I'm not willing to simply dismiss Pees as a failure. Webb was a huge loss for a secondary that was not that good to begin with. The front office chose not to resign Johnson, and then Suggs suffered an injury soon after that. Ngata has been hurt all season. That left the Ravens with no secondary and no effective pass rush to mask it. Yeah, a more creative DC might have been able to dial up some better schemes, but there isn't anyone who could have made this defense a top 10 D. Still, the Ravens have been one of the better defenses most of the year in the red zone. The problem is that the secondary is so bad that any QB that is half way decent can find an open receiver, especially over the middle where the linebackers are unable to cover. Simply put, people have been predicting the demise of the Raven's defense for a few years, this year it has finally happened and the injuries have pushed it down even further. In hindsight the Raven's might have been better off letting Ray Lewis and Ed Reed go a few years ago and building with younger players. But they needed to bring in skill offensive players to build up the offense. Pees shouldn't take the full brunt of a front office that felt they could hang on with a defense that was not effectively replacing some of it's parts as they were wearing out.

Hell no. Wasn't before, now and won't be after. After witnessing dominance by our d. It's tuff to watch this team struggle getting off the field on regular basis. Injures hurt but it was starting to look suspect before Ray's injury. He's over matched by strong offensive coordinators and he an imagination like those before him.

Hell no. Wasn't before, now and won't be after. After witnessing dominance by our d. It's tuff to watch this team struggle getting off the field on regular basis. Injures hurt but it was starting to look suspect before Ray's injury. He's over matched by strong offensive coordinators and he an imagination like those before him.

Damn you need some ***** bad, bitter much?

I'm fine with Pees as DC - I believe he's done a good (but not great job this year).

I confident the Ravens can win a Super Bowl with Pees as the DC.

LOL Sugar. I know it was hard for you to finally step into the light as far as Cameron was concerned. And you got in JUST under the wire, too. JUST as soon as you saw the light, he got canned. (Not that you thought Cameron was all that great; only that the Ravens would stick with him and not fire him; at least not this year.)

I know it's just too much to handle ANOTHER coach that you'd have to dump.

;)

j/k man.

It's all good.

LOL Sugar. I know it was hard for you to finally step into the light as far as Cameron was concerned. And you got in JUST under the wire, too. JUST as soon as you saw the light, he got canned. (Not that you thought Cameron was all that great; only that the Ravens would stick with him and not fire him; at least not this year.)

I know it's just too much to handle ANOTHER coach that you'd have to dump.

;)

j/k man.

It's all good.

I need Cameron here dammit, he's my reason to live (fake crying LOL).

By the way my daughter says hi in her special baby way LOL (6 months old).

I need Cameron here dammit, he's my reason to live (fake crying LOL).

By the way my daughter says hi in her special baby way LOL (6 months old).

Bring her up RIGHT, Sugar. Cameron-free. It's the ONLY way to raise a child.

(Otherwise...she'll end up some red-haired bastard stepchild. And you definitely do NOT want THAT to happen!!)

GRAB THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN. RUN, do not walk. TO THAT NEAREST EXIT!!

:D

I like my pees with carrots and bacon.....:P Although it's easy to blame him for the amount of yardage and records other teams have set or broken against The Ravens Defense this year. Some of that is on the Players, but they all haven't been hurt all year. I don't under stand prevent when we're up, the 3 man rush on a 3rd or 4th and short/goal.... I may be DC, but I'm not a DC. IF we can fins someone batter do it. Didn't Nolan run the 3-4 and thats what made Ray make Them go get Haloti?

Losing our best cornerback and having a FS who cannot tackle anyone definitely didn't help things. Not to mention free agent losses and other injuries.

Not sure. I'm sure of this though. I can't stand the prevent defense - always hated it. And Pees seems to play more prevent than other DC's we've had. If we rush 3 against Manning on Sunday, Peyton will have a field day. You pressure Manning and he's beatable; let him stand back there with time to eat a sandwich, and we're done. If that happens with Pees on Sunday, please get rid of him.

Layoff the off the drugs dude. Maybe the picture would be much clearer. The man has the imagination of a pee. He has no scheme in his book to stop neither the pass or the run. Look at Ray's face on the sidelines. He can't believe it and nor can I. They just shake there heads and look down to the ground on 3rd and long after being converted. I don't know what games your watching but it obviously isn't the Ravens. Maybe you should watch NFL replay a bit more.

"You can't/won't handle the truth.............lol

I do respect your loyalty to the team.

Hell no! He's terrible. Zone defense in the red zone, playing the DBs 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. He's the worst DC we've ever had

Hell no! He's terrible. Zone defense in the red zone, playing the DBs 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. He's the worst DC we've ever had
Not worse than Mattison, IMO. He's bad; but not that bad. At least he DOES blitz sometimes. And his use of the 3 man rush is much less than Mattison's, IIRC.

Not worse than Mattison, IMO. He's bad; but not that bad. At least he DOES blitz sometimes. And his use of the 3 man rush is much less than Mattison's, IIRC.

You're joking right? If Mattison is such a horrible defensive cordinator "in general" how do you explain this track record:

Illinois (GA)

Cornell (DL)

Northwestern (DL)

Western Michigan (DL)

Western Michigan (DC)

Navy (DL)

Texas A&M (DL)

Michigan (DL)

Michigan (DC)

Notre Dame (DC)

Notre Dame (DL)

Florida (DC/DL)

Baltimore Ravens (DC/LB)

Michigan (DC)

And how do you explain the much improved Michigan defense?

In his first year as a defensive coordinator Greg Mattison, Michigan's defense went from being ranked 107th in scoring defense in 2010 (35.2 points per game) to being ranked sixth (17.38 points per game) in 2011.

Terrible defensive cordinator