• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 skeemer

skeemer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

Free-agent slugger Josh Hamilton agreed to a five-year, $125 million contract Thursday with the Los Angeles Angels, sources told ESPN.com.

http://espn.go.com/l...els-source-says

Too much money for too long. But I guess I'm not the one writing the check.

#2 reg_indy

reg_indy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Don't see him thriving for too long. Too many distractions in Tinsel Town...
Terrell Suggs is doing all that he can fan the flames on the Ravens’ feud with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Underneath his uniform, the linebacker/defensive end has been wearing a black t-shirt with the letters “YBYSA” on the front and the saying, “You Bet Your Sweet *** I Hate the Steelers” on the back.

"I saw it in a store, and I was like, 'Oh, that’s nice for camp. Get our minds right,'" Suggs said

#3 Mikie21

Mikie21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

It maybe too much for money for too long but its a risk the Orioles should have took this time...I have agreed on not throwing money at any of these other free agents, especially guys like Greinke, Victorino, Youklis etc....And I am also on board with not paying Reynolds but Hamilton is EXACTLY the piece that would have made them a serious championship contender, I feel they could have taken the risk

#4 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,864 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

there's always a team who will eventually step up and overpay and/or ever extend a contract. the market was established as 3 yrs, they went 5 and got their man.

I've been hearing the talking heads opine about how TX needs JH more than he needs them. the consensus is that TX was good, but not good enough to win the WS. now they are significantly weaker than they were last season. and it looks like AZ isn't going to move Upton now that they've improved w/o having to move him. welcome to Arlington Mr. Swisher.

the LA teams must print their own money. they definately upgraded over Torii Hunter.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#5 franksykes

franksykes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

there's always a team who will eventually step up and overpay and/or ever extend a contract. the market was established as 3 yrs, they went 5 and got their man.

I've been hearing the talking heads opine about how TX needs JH more than he needs them. the consensus is that TX was good, but not good enough to win the WS. now they are significantly weaker than they were last season. and it looks like AZ isn't going to move Upton now that they've improved w/o having to move him. welcome to Arlington Mr. Swisher.

the LA teams must print their own money. they definately upgraded over Torii Hunter.

Puljos and Hamilton.. Wouldn't you pay to go see them???
Deep down IN places you don't like to talk about, you want me on that wall you need me on that wall.... I want the truth!!! You can't handle the truth!!!!:cool:

#6 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Don't forget Trout and Trumbo....
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#7 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,791 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

It maybe too much for money for too long but its a risk the Orioles should have took this time...

That's not an Angelos move bro
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#8 HAIL2BNG

HAIL2BNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,970 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

That Pujols, Hamilton, Trout trio could be epic.
Its no surprise that the SSA is a mess when they hire economists with pea brains.

#9 BigDaddyIII

BigDaddyIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

You guys are forgetting that we will have both a healthy B rob, and Wilson Betemit. (very tongue in cheek).

#10 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,354 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

If the Angels don't win the World Series, Mike Scioscia is getting fired.
The kids are alright.

#11 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,590 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Quite the LA arms race. Spend tons of money, watch Oakland win your division, watch Baltimore knock off another AL West team for the wildcard, and then spend more money.

At least the money is getting spent outside of the AL East.

#12 Mr. Buzzcut

Mr. Buzzcut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,518 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

That's going to be a fun division to watch -- again!

#13 atomic

atomic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

I expect in a few years the angels will paying huge sums of money for pujlos and hamilton and getting nothing in return.

#14 Gizmo

Gizmo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

I expect in a few years the angels will paying huge sums of money for pujlos and hamilton and getting nothing in return.

Maybe...maybe not.

Hamilton might self destruct, but both he and Pujols are still in pretty damn good shape. Those guys are certainly capable of crushing the ball for a lot longer than 'a few years'.

#15 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

I know I would

#16 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

He's one SoCal Piña Colada away from irrelevance.

#17 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,864 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

No, I wouldn't. I won't be scanning the O's schedule looking for the games where ANA comes to OPACY. I'm just not interested in free agent all star teams. it's boring for me.

but I also know that I'm the exception and that people will flock to see them play. and there's nothing wrong with that.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#18 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,694 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

That Pujols, Hamilton, Trout trio could be epic.

I'm sure that's what they are shooting for, too.
That is going to be one hell of a team next year, hopefully their players can stay on the field.
I might have to get my happy butt down there and check out a game.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#19 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,864 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

I hope all those fair weather Dallas fans, that were booing Hamilton after the AS break, are happy to finally be rid of that loser :D

#20 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,694 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

You guys are forgetting that we will have both a healthy B rob... (very tongue in cheek).

...allegedly.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users