Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skeemer

Josh Hamilton to LAA for 5/$125

23 posts in this topic

It maybe too much for money for too long but its a risk the Orioles should have took this time...I have agreed on not throwing money at any of these other free agents, especially guys like Greinke, Victorino, Youklis etc....And I am also on board with not paying Reynolds but Hamilton is EXACTLY the piece that would have made them a serious championship contender, I feel they could have taken the risk

there's always a team who will eventually step up and overpay and/or ever extend a contract. the market was established as 3 yrs, they went 5 and got their man.

I've been hearing the talking heads opine about how TX needs JH more than he needs them. the consensus is that TX was good, but not good enough to win the WS. now they are significantly weaker than they were last season. and it looks like AZ isn't going to move Upton now that they've improved w/o having to move him. welcome to Arlington Mr. Swisher.

the LA teams must print their own money. they definately upgraded over Torii Hunter.

there's always a team who will eventually step up and overpay and/or ever extend a contract. the market was established as 3 yrs, they went 5 and got their man.

I've been hearing the talking heads opine about how TX needs JH more than he needs them. the consensus is that TX was good, but not good enough to win the WS. now they are significantly weaker than they were last season. and it looks like AZ isn't going to move Upton now that they've improved w/o having to move him. welcome to Arlington Mr. Swisher.

the LA teams must print their own money. they definately upgraded over Torii Hunter.

Puljos and Hamilton.. Wouldn't you pay to go see them???

Don't forget Trout and Trumbo....

It maybe too much for money for too long but its a risk the Orioles should have took this time...

That's not an Angelos move bro

You guys are forgetting that we will have both a healthy B rob, and Wilson Betemit. (very tongue in cheek).

If the Angels don't win the World Series, Mike Scioscia is getting fired.

Quite the LA arms race. Spend tons of money, watch Oakland win your division, watch Baltimore knock off another AL West team for the wildcard, and then spend more money.

At least the money is getting spent outside of the AL East.

I expect in a few years the angels will paying huge sums of money for pujlos and hamilton and getting nothing in return.

I expect in a few years the angels will paying huge sums of money for pujlos and hamilton and getting nothing in return.

Maybe...maybe not.

Hamilton might self destruct, but both he and Pujols are still in pretty damn good shape. Those guys are certainly capable of crushing the ball for a lot longer than 'a few years'.

No, I wouldn't. I won't be scanning the O's schedule looking for the games where ANA comes to OPACY. I'm just not interested in free agent all star teams. it's boring for me.

but I also know that I'm the exception and that people will flock to see them play. and there's nothing wrong with that.

That Pujols, Hamilton, Trout trio could be epic.

I'm sure that's what they are shooting for, too.

That is going to be one hell of a team next year, hopefully their players can stay on the field.

I might have to get my happy butt down there and check out a game.

I hope all those fair weather Dallas fans, that were booing Hamilton after the AS break, are happy to finally be rid of that loser :D

You guys are forgetting that we will have both a healthy B rob... (very tongue in cheek).

...allegedly.

If they win a WS or two, no one will care by then

If they win a WS or two, no one will care by then

that's true.

A five year deal for Hamilton makes sense. He wasn't going to take 3-4 and the 6-7 floated out would have been ARod-esque in its horror. I think they got a good deal of they get the sober Hamilton.