Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tigercruise

Dukes still picks Ravens to win SB.

27 posts in this topic

I'd like some of what Dukes is smoking. Did he happen to notice the beatdown NE put on Houston who put a beat down on us?

I'd like some of what Dukes is smoking. Did he happen to notice the beatdown NE put on Houston who put a beat down on us?

It must be good stuff. But, you never know. Stranger things have happened. I wouldn't put any $$$$ on it though. :)

Only problem with this is the Ravens lack one thing, enough talent on this years team to win the SB.

Anything is possible once the playoffs start, but I honestly cannot see how a team that consistently leaves receivers wide open can advance through the playoffs against a Brady or Manning led team. They would eat that secondary alive. They have 9 wins, but one came on a miracle 4th and 29, another came when the offense could manage only 3 FG's against a self destructive team, and a third came when a punt return was the only TD they could get. It woud seem the good fortune from earlier in the season has finally run out. I just don't see how this team wins any playoff game that is not played at home, unless every other playoff team loses their starting QB and levels the playing field.

it pains me to say it, but NE looks unbeatable.

NE is doing what they do every year. They are coming together late in the season and getting in a groove. That's the way they do it. And the NFL would love nothing more than an AFC championship game that showcases Brady vs. Manning.

NE is doing what they do every year. They are coming together late in the season and getting in a groove. That's the way they do it. And the NFL would love nothing more than an AFC championship game that showcases Brady vs. Manning.

You may be right. And would I love to Manning beat Brady!! (Hate to say but you gotta love Manning!)

a couple teams in the past few years, packers, giants, etc. got healthy at the end of the year and made a run all the way after being left for dead .........

made a killing on the giants last year as dogs through the playoffs .......

its a long season and its really about who hits the playoffs on a role and healthy .......

we have a really banged up team but even if everyone got healthy on the D over the next 3 weeks do we have what it takes to go all the way? ........

even with lewis and suggs back, I don't see it without webb .....

We will see if that is true this weekend when the 49ers play them.

It pains me as well, and they destroyed Houston without Gronkowski. Aqib Talib has made their defense a whole lot better since he got there. Talib's trade from Tampa to NE might end up being the ultimate case of rewarding bad behavior.

Or did he notice Houston get beat down by NE who we already beat?

Or did he notice Houston get beat down by NE who we already beat?

You mean that NE team we beat with a one point win in week 3 is the same NE team that's won 7 in a row and leads the NFL in points scored? :rolleyes:

You mean that NE team we beat with a one point win in week 3 is the same NE team that's won 7 in a row and leads the NFL in points scored? :rolleyes:

That's about as relevant as us losing to Houston earlier in the season.

That's about as relevant as us losing to Houston earlier in the season right after we loss Lewis and Webb. :eek:

That's about as relevant as us losing to Houston earlier in the season right after we loss Lewis and Webb. :eek:

If you say so dude. I'd say destroying the team with the best record in the AFC in week 14, holds a little more weight than beating a team in week 3 by 1 point. God bless homers, every team needs them :D

If you say so dude. I'd say destroying the team with the best record in the AFC in week 14, holds a little more weight than beating a team in week 3 by 1 point. God bless homers, every team needs them :D

They've been having offensive stretches like this since 2007 and no titles to show for it. They destroyed people in the 2007 regular season then barely beat the Chargers in the AFC Title game before losing to the Giants in the Superbowl. They destroyed the Jets 45-3 on a Monday Night in 2010 before losing to the same Jets in the divisional round of the playoffs. They destroyed Denver 45-10 last January then they barely beat us in the AFC title game before losing to the Giants again in the Superbowl. New England should never be counted out but lets not hand them the title just yet. I've been hearing the "Brady looks better than ever" comments for a while now, he looks great but they have to get to New Orleans and finish.

Ken I'll condone your pessimistic behavior when it comes to the Orioles, hell I'll encourage it but don't go there with the Ravens. Please don't go there.

Ken I'll condone your pessimistic behavior when it comes to the Orioles, hell I'll encourage it but don't go there with the Ravens. Please don't go there.

It's not pessimism to know the Patriots are a better team than the Ravens. I love the Ravens(I'm wearing my Steve McNair jersey right now), but let's keep it real :):):)

That's my exact point with him. Same kind of discussions about the O's. It never stops.

Pats always play great at home. On the road just as human as everybody else. Two good teams they played on road, Ravens and Seahawks they lost to both. And it does not matter if it is by one or forty.