Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mythoughts

Can the Ravens win out ?

23 posts in this topic

Stranger things have happened.

...and I have a hunch......

....that maybe they can !

I'm sure many strange things have happened to you in your life.

(Call it a hunch.)

Just sayin...

I'm sure many strange things have happened to you in your life.

(Call it a hunch.)

Just sayin...

Really...:rolleyes:?

...That's the best you got :rolleyes:!?:rolleyes:!?

Really...:rolleyes:?

...That's the best you got :rolleyes:!?:rolleyes:!?

That's it. Take it or leave it.

:P

...or...a 3rd option...Ignore it !
Too late. You already responded. No take backs!!

:rolleyes:

Of course they can. Is it likely to happen? No. But, they did win 9 games in the NFL so far this year. You do the "any given Sunday" thing 3 weeks in a row? Who knows, maybe.

Could I win the Lotto? Absolutely. What are the odds? Well, either I win, or I lose. So the odds must be 50/50, right?

:rolleyes:

CAN the Ravens win out? Sure.

WILL the Ravens win out? Who knows? But my best guess: Highly unlikely.

Tomlin unleashed h&|! so here goes...

I unleash the ghost of P. Manning (where'd he end up anyway) inside of the great CaldWELL!

I unleash freddie KRUGER

I unleash Joe Cool in his pursuit of $100,000,000.00

I unleash the billick "don't tiptoe into the lion's den" speech

and I unleash the dark clouds of Stoney Case, Frank Walker and Leon Searcy.

so let it be written - so let it be done - yea 3 in a row!

the Grand Poobah

Win out? Well I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Denver. Seems to me Oakland gave them a run for their money, at least in the first half. Ravens aren't my team but I would let the offense go, balls out. Forget the conservative play. You know Manning can score and Ravens defense isn't what it was. Go for it.

Hell try being a Steelers fan when going into Dallas our best hope is Romo will self destruct again!!!

Win out? Well I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Denver. Seems to me Oakland gave them a run for their money, at least in the first half. Ravens aren't my team but I would let the offense go, balls out. Forget the conservative play. You know Manning can score and Ravens defense isn't what it was. Go for it.

Hell try being a Steelers fan when going into Dallas our best hope is Romo will self destruct again!!!

This has certainly been a year to forget as a Steeler fan, hasn't it mags?

This has certainly been a year to forget as a Steeler fan, hasn't it mags?

Tell me about. You beat the Giants and the Eagles--before the Eagles went south and then.....

Beat the Ravens at home (who never lose at home!) w Batch, then collapse againT SD at home. And your vaunted receivers can't seem to actually, you know, catch the damn ball.

Only constant has been defense but good God!!!

Have a funny feeling thatvthe Bengals might give the Steelers and Ravens trouble yet.

Frankly doesn't matter. Were I a betting girl, all in w NE.

Steelers have had a very inconsistent year. They beat Cincinnati on the road, beat the Giants in NY, beat the Ravens without Roethlisberger in Baltimore. Yet they lose to Oakland and Cleveland on the road, and San Diego at home. They have the talent to cause trouble in the playoffs, but they just aren't consistent enough this year to win 3 games in the playoffs. AFC comes down to NE, Denver, and Houston. And I am beginning to have doubts about Houston.

Steelers have had a very inconsistent year. They beat Cincinnati on the road, beat the Giants in NY, beat the Ravens without Roethlisberger in Baltimore. Yet they lose to Oakland and Cleveland on the road, and San Diego at home. They have the talent to cause trouble in the playoffs, but they just aren't consistent enough this year to win 3 games in the playoffs. AFC comes down to NE, Denver, and Houston. And I am beginning to have doubts about Houston.

Totally agree. What's so confusing about the Steelers is it's their aging defense that seems to be holding. I don't knock Tomlin but LeBeau is the constant.

Don't envy Tomlin, he is always in the shadow of Noll and Cowher. Particularly Noll, don't think a lot of P fans realize that Noll, no doubt a great coach, arguably had the most talent of any coach in the NFL.

Though seriously like Baltimore, do we have that much to complain about? We could, God help us, be Browns fans!!

Totally agree. What's so confusing about the Steelers is it's their aging defense that seems to be holding. I don't knock Tomlin but LeBeau is the constant.

Don't envy Tomlin, he is always in the shadow of Noll and Cowher. Particularly Noll, don't think a lot of P fans realize that Noll, no doubt a great coach, arguably had the most talent of any coach in the NFL.

Though seriously like Baltimore, do we have that much to complain about? We could, God help us, be Browns fans!!

Coach Tomlin, "if you will" got out coached by a lame duck H. C. And the rest of the San Diego coaching staff. The Steelers seemed ill prepared and out of sync at Heinze Field. Some what of a head scratcher. I truly like Tomlin. Hopefully he realizes that just showing up at home against perceived inferior opponents just won't cut it moving forward. "If you will". "Unleashing hell".

Coach Tomlin, "if you will" got out coached by a lame duck H. C. And the rest of the San Diego coaching staff. The Steelers seemed ill prepared and out of sync at Heinze Field. Some what of a head scratcher. I truly like Tomlin. Hopefully he realizes that just showing up at home against perceived inferior opponents just won't cut it moving forward. "If you will". "Unleashing hell".

Find it hard to believe T approached this or any game nonchalantly. But you're right, coaching is an issue,

I think it's amusing hearing the Steeler fans talking about coaching. Sounds a lot like Raven's fans. I didn't see that much of the game against San Diego, so I really can't comment a whole lot on the coaching. Honestly I think it was a case of so much energy being expended on the game before that there was a natural letdown that came back to bite them. I see it every year in football. The Raven's have suffered it a number of times. Last year they lost both times after playing the Steelers. Last week I thought the best "investment" on the board was Cleveland. KC had just played an emotional game and won after a tragedy. I figured they would have a big letdown. Let's see how that plays out this week in Dallas. The Cowboys had a very emotional come from behind win after a tragedy in Cincinnati. This week they seem to be primed for the letdown against Pittsburgh. We will see how that unfolds.

Don't you dare bring that logic to this board. ;)

As for Baltimore winning out, I think Cincy and NYG are beatable. But that stupid older Manning is going to be trouble.

At this point I'm just hoping that they can win again this season.

Don't you dare bring that logic to this board. ;)
I KNOW. What's UP with some fans?!!!

B)

Stranger things have happened.

...and I have a hunch......

....that maybe they can !

lol...stay away from Vegas.;)