Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OriginalColtsFan

Should the Ravens fire Harbaugh at the end of the season?

Should the Ravens fire Harbaugh at the end of the season?   51 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Ravens fire Harbaugh at the end of the season?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

78 posts in this topic

Regardless of what happens from here on out, should the Ravens cut their losses with John Harbaugh and just fire him at the end of the season? Has he shown ANY progress at all in 5 years? Does he project to show any progress over the NEXT 5 years? Wouldn't the Ravens be better off just cutting their losses NOW, and not wait for the same Andy Reid experience that happened in Philly to happen here?

Discuss.

B)

I think they should can him a few hours after the Ravens win the Super Bowl in January. That'll teach him. ;)

I think they should can him a few hours after the Ravens win the Super Bowl in January. That'll teach him. ;)
Always the optimist/realist, aren't ya?

B)

Absolutely. After yesterday's debacle it became more clear than ever (and it was already pretty obvious) that coach Fraudbaugh is in over his head. He wouldn't call a timeout with 1st and goal at the 4 yard line with three timeouts but he had no problem just wasting one on that incompletion to Torrey Smith that was clearly out of bounds. Let's not forget Cary Williams and Anquan Boldin taking cheap shots at Denver players in the second half while Johnny just stood there like a half wit with his mouth wide open. Does he ever actually coach anybody?

Absolutely. After yesterday's debacle it became more clear than ever (and it was already pretty obvious) that coach Fraudbaugh is in over his head. He wouldn't call a timeout with 1st and goal at the 4 yard line with three timeouts but he had no problem just wasting one on that incompletion to Torrey Smith that was clearly out of bounds. Let's not forget Cary Williams and Anquan Boldin taking cheap shots at Denver players in the second half while Johnny just stood there like a half wit with his mouth wide open. Does he ever actually coach anybody?

I could not agree more. He NEVER appears to be remotely in the game. He stands on the sidelines with his mouth open and a blank stare on his face. I wonder if his earphones really work or they're just for show? His clock management is atrocious and always at his little presser after the game he says the same damn thing. Like, "We have to improve and work on those things, etc." Have you ever noticed the difference between John and Jim Harbaugh on the sidelines? Clearly Jim is IN THE GAME and actively coaching. And, did you notice how Tomlin greeted Jim after the game with a little hug and a congrats. Clearly there was respect there for Jim Harbaugh. Flash back to when the Ravens lost to Tomlin and Tomlin dissed him - no respect there for sure. Harbaugh must go.

Regardless of what happens from here on out, should the Ravens cut their losses with John Harbaugh and just fire him at the end of the season? Has he shown ANY progress at all in 5 years? Does he project to show any progress over the NEXT 5 years? Wouldn't the Ravens be better off just cutting their losses NOW, and not wait for the same Andy Reid experience that happened in Philly to happen here?

Discuss.

B)

Where's your vote???

Where's your vote???
I always try to hold off on voting on my own polls to not influence the masses.

;)

(But it's pretty obvious where I stand on this issue. It's not a democratic or republican thing. Or even an independent thing. Or a liberal/conservative thing. It's a passionate, radical hot button kinda thing.)

B)

Discuss.

B)

We disagree 99.9% of the time sometimes with force but I think this is a good question/poll.

I will ponder it and vote later.

We disagree 99.9% of the time sometimes with force but I think this is a good question/poll.

I will ponder it and vote later.

I thought lately we were sort of having a Vulcan mind meld.

;)

(Don't be a stranger!!)

Vote early...and vote often!!

(Mayor Daley, Chicago, RIP)

Discuss.

B)

I noticed you didn't vote on your own poll.

Fire a coach who's taken the Ravens to the playoffs every year since he's arrived?

:facepalm:

I take that as a "no".

B)

You left 'Dumbest Thread Ever' off of the list of choices.
LOL Ron. I know it hurts. Really man. I understand. :rolleyes:

Absolutely. After yesterday's debacle it became more clear than ever (and it was already pretty obvious) that coach Fraudbaugh is in over his head. He wouldn't call a timeout with 1st and goal at the 4 yard line with three timeouts but he had no problem just wasting one on that incompletion to Torrey Smith that was clearly out of bounds. Let's not forget Cary Williams and Anquan Boldin taking cheap shots at Denver players in the second half while Johnny just stood there like a half wit with his mouth wide open. Does he ever actually coach anybody?[/QUOT

there was no reason to call a time out....the Ravens moved the ball 76 yeards in 6 plays in a bit over a minute...the Broncos were back on their heels, taking a time out is the absolutely last thing a coach should do under those circumstances....why give the defense time to regroup? some people are never happy no matter what decision is made....the INT rests solely on Flacco making a bad throw.....

Does anyone even consider the fact this team has lost their best corner, in Webb, their defensive captain in Ray, and more recently their best offensive lineman and starting safety, not to mention two other starting LB's and their starting TE to injury in wanting to fire Harbaugh for essentially having two blowout losses all year and and three that were as tight as a drum and in doubt to the final play?

How is Harbaugh supposed to coach around the fact he is playing third and fourth string LB's and secondary and the OL has been weaker all season than last year with the loss of Grubbs?

Yeah, he has made some boneheaded gaffes but cmon man, nothing worthy of canning him.:confused: I guess Tomlin should be fired as well since his team is 7-7? :rolleyes:

Does anyone even consider the fact this team has lost their best corner, in Webb, their defensive captain in Ray, and more recently their best offensive lineman and starting safety, not to mention two other starting LB's and their starting TE to injury in wanting to fire Harbaugh for essentially having two blowout losses all year and and three that were as tight as a drum and in doubt to the final play?

How is Harbaugh supposed to coach around the fact he is playing third and fourth string LB's and secondary and the OL has been weaker all season than last year with the loss of Grubbs?

Yeah, he has made some boneheaded gaffes but cmon man, nothing worthy of canning him.:confused: I guess Tomlin should be fired as well since his team is 7-7? :rolleyes:

Thanks for being a voice of common sense. The NFL does everything they can to make sure they don't have a few consistently dominant teams. Sure good management and coaching can do a lot but when you're constrained by a salary cap and a good season means you'll get lousier draft picks the next year it's to be expected that you'll have lousy seasons from time to time.

I'm on the fence with this

My problem with Harbs is his choice of coordinators. Never was a Cam supporter and I'm glad he's gone. Pees is another one of Johns buddies....I question his ability to run the defense. To early to tell though....

Whereas the Ravens have made the playoffs 6 straight years it is my opinion that Harbaugh has had teams that could have and should have went further. I choose to believe they have had the talent in here to win multiple Super Bowls.

I don't dislike the guy either. Seems like a decent enough guy.

I'd fire him. I'm not sure he's a strong leader. According to Preston, Cam was fired after Haraugh told Biscotti about an argument he and Cam had where Cam was insubordinate. Haraugh should have fired Cam himself on the spot if he had the power, or if not, demanded Biscootti fire him if he wanted Harbaugh to remain as coach. It sounds like he just went whining to Biscotti about it.

I'd fire him. I'm not sure he's a strong leader. According to Preston, Cam was fired after Haraugh told Biscotti about an argument he and Cam had where Cam was insubordinate. Haraugh should have fired Cam himself on the spot if he had the power, or if not, demanded Biscootti fire him if he wanted Harbaugh to remain as coach. It sounds like he just went whining to Biscotti about it.

Harbaugh was not Cameron's employer. Bisciotti was. Nobody in The NFL gets fired without discussing it with team management.

Firing Harbaugh would be absolutely insane btw. The guy is a proven leader and winner. Let's all just take a deep breath....

That's a real credible source! :rolleyes:

Preston is Baltimore's version of Skip Bayless! He will say anything to create a little controversy and sell some papers.

B)

The real foundation question here is this: Has John Harbaugh lost control of this team? He clearly had lost control of Cameron. Cameron was fired due to insubordination. So...the next question is: Has Harbaugh lost the locker room? Do the players still draw inspiration from his rah rah messages? Are they willing to really fight in the trenches for him?

I think a case COULD be made that he has, in fact, lost the locker room. It'll be interesting to see what happens the rest of 2012, and what, if anything, Bisciotti decides to do in 2013.