Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

afan

When will we see our CB's in press coverage.

5 posts in this topic

It seems the other teams press us all the time. Is it not time to try and get other teams to go 3 and out. I'm tired of this philosophy of bend but don't break.

Can they handle it? No Webb doesn't help. Not to mention at least one safety who can't tackle anyone that may get past a CB.

I agree. I think the Raven's cb's play off of receivers so much not because that is what they want to do, but rather because if they don't they will be giving up one big play after another. No pass rush, no linebackers in coverage and no secondary help and the cb's will simply be looking back as opposing receivers run for the end zone. They just aren't that good.

It seems the other teams press us all the time. Is it not time to try and get other teams to go 3 and out. I'm tired of this philosophy of bend but don't break.

Teams press us all the time because outside of Torrey Smith, the WR can't get separation. Now I feel as though the scheme has something to do with that because there are things you can do to beat press coverage but this offense, for whatever reason, just doesn't or simply won't do them.

Secondly, being in press coverage doesn't guarantee getting 3 and out's.

Teams press us all the time because outside of Torrey Smith, the WR can't get separation. Now I feel as though the scheme has something to do with that because there are things you can do to beat press coverage but this offense, for whatever reason, just doesn't or simply won't do them.

Secondly, being in press coverage doesn't guarantee getting 3 and out's.

Better chance than not a Raven within 5 or 6 yards of a wide open receiver on 3rd and long and they get a first down.

B)