Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Far from home

What About Sizemore or Hafner?

3 posts in this topic

They are available, and they are definitely low-risk, high-reward guys.

I think, with the team at the stage they are in, they can afford to make these kinds of decisions.

Hafner's degraded ability to play in the field make him a bigger risk, but that bat could be resurgent in OPACY.

At the same time, Sizemore, while consistently broke, has the ability to make an impact at a high level and play the field.

I think you could use him at several positions, and he creates a low-cost hedge for McLouth and Reimold.

I'd pass on both. Hafner doesn't have anything left in the tank. Sizemore probably doesn't either, but if he does, he still doesn't fill the need for a power bat. I'm not sure how good his D is anymore.

Sizemore did enough at a young age that he'll probably get several opportunities to reclaim his past glory. The old Grady Sizemore fits the needed mix of decent average / doubles / OBP / power that the Orioles could certainly use. Heck, ANY team could use the old Grady Sizemore. Remains to be seen if he ever comes close to being that guy again. The risk / reward factor there seems more than reasonable...