Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

So far it has been.

#3 jabba2

jabba2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

I never expected the O's to make a splash in FA, because they rarely do, and there are alot of suiters for every FA this year. Wouldnt mind seeing them make a trade for a young, glove first 1B. I think the O's plan on doing some heavy platooning this year and again showing a 7-8 man rotation.

#4 joe cool

joe cool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

I never expected the O's to make a splash in FA, because they rarely do, and there are alot of suiters for every FA this year. Wouldnt mind seeing them make a trade for a young, glove first 1B. I think the O's plan on doing some heavy platooning this year and again showing a 7-8 man rotation.

I think the Orioles will not make any real significant moves this off season because Mr. Angelos is convinced, as some on here seem to be as well, that last season was more real than an aberration and he feels he doesn’t need to get any real players because they can do it with mostly what they had last season, minus an important player or two.

Some people on here expect the bull pen to do the exact same thing they did last season, even those people who have criticize spending big on BP in the past due to the unreliability from year to year of BP’s. There are people on here that believe the O’s will strike gold again next season and put together another once in a lifetime record in 1 run games, or put together another great record in extra innings.There are people here who seem to expect players who came into last season as NOBODIES and somehow outperformed their career numbers to either duplicate those numbers or better them again this coming season. There are people on here that seem to forget that the O’s haven’t done a thing to improve their team while other teams in the league, especially in their own division, have improved tremendously. They simply chalk it up to the moves those other teams have made, like the Jays and Sox, are meaningless and were stupid moves that will not yield anything positive while the O’s catch lightning in a bottle for a second year in a row.

I believe that Mr. Angelos reads this place and Orioles Hang Out and he too thinks as some of you do, so to him there is no problem, the team is perfectly set for next year and any major move is completely unnecessary!!

Edited by joe cool, 26 December 2012 - 07:26 AM.

GO YANKS:cool:

It is great to be back home!!!

Go Yankees, Go Giants, Go NY Where Champions Are Born!!!;)

#5 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

I think out rotation is kind of set if Wada can stay healthy.
Hammel
Chen
Wada
(hopefully Saunders)
Tillman

#6 jabba2

jabba2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

I think the Orioles will not make any real significant moves this off season because Mr. Angelos is convinced, as some on here seem to be as well, that last season was more real than an aberration and he feels he doesn’t need to get any real players because they can do it with mostly what they had last season, minus an important player or two. Some people on here expect the bull pen to do the exact same thing they did last season, even those people who have criticize spending big on BP in the past due to the unreliability from year to year of BP’s. There are people on here that believe the O’s will strike gold again next season and put together another once in a lifetime record in 1 run games, or put together another great record in extra innings.There are people here who seem to expect players who came into last season as NOBODIES and somehow outperformed their career numbers to either duplicate those numbers or better them again this coming season. There are people on here that seem to forget that the O’s haven’t done a thing to improve their team while other teams in the league, especially in their own division, have improved tremendously. They simply chalk it up to the moves those other teams have made, like the Jays and Sox, are meaningless and were stupid moves that will not yield anything positive while the O’s catch lightning in a bottle for a second year in a row. I believe that Mr. Angelos reads this place and Orioles Hang Out and he too thinks as some of you do, so to him there is no problem, the team is perfectly set for next year and any major move is completely unnecessary!!

Except for the Yankees. By most accounts they've had a horrible offseason so far, unless they swing a lopsided trade or two. But I wont rule that out yet. Bostons FA signings are meh at best. Look like a bunch of filler to me.

#7 Softbank Orioles

Softbank Orioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

I think out rotation is kind of set if Wada can stay healthy.
Hammel
Chen
Wada
(hopefully Saunders)
Tillman

Not a single one of those pitchers has thrown more than one successful big league season, and Chen is the only one that's done that. Hammel missed time.

You can't seriously think every single one is going to have a sub 4.00 ERA and start 30 games.

#8 Softbank Orioles

Softbank Orioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

Except for the Yankees. By most accounts they've had a horrible offseason so far, unless they swing a lopsided trade or two. But I wont rule that out yet. Bostons FA signings are meh at best. Look like a bunch of filler to me.

Yanks have stated they are in a weird-rebuilding/salary dumping stage. They are trying to cut money off the books.

#9 Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

I think the Orioles will not make any real significant moves this off season because Mr. Angelos is convinced, as some on here seem to be as well, that last season was more real than an aberration and he feels he doesn’t need to get any real players because they can do it with mostly what they had last season, minus an important player or two. Some people on here expect the bull pen to do the exact same thing they did last season, even those people who have criticize spending big on BP in the past due to the unreliability from year to year of BP’s. There are people on here that believe the O’s will strike gold again next season and put together another once in a lifetime record in 1 run games, or put together another great record in extra innings.There are people here who seem to expect players who came into last season as NOBODIES and somehow outperformed their career numbers to either duplicate those numbers or better them again this coming season. There are people on here that seem to forget that the O’s haven’t done a thing to improve their team while other teams in the league, especially in their own division, have improved tremendously. They simply chalk it up to the moves those other teams have made, like the Jays and Sox, are meaningless and were stupid moves that will not yield anything positive while the O’s catch lightning in a bottle for a second year in a row. I believe that Mr. Angelos reads this place and Orioles Hang Out and he too thinks as some of you do, so to him there is no problem, the team is perfectly set for next year and any major move is completely unnecessary!!

You ever hear of a paragraph son? Man that was hard to read. You may be right but so what? As a Yankee fan you need to worry about your own team and how they under achieved in the playoffs.

#10 jabba2

jabba2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Yanks have stated they are in a weird-rebuilding/salary dumping stage. They are trying to cut money off the books.

They definitely have aging players. I guess they think they can plug anyone in RF and get 25 HR's with that porch, but they also dont appear to have a competent catcher right now.

#11 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

NOBODY said the moves that the Jays and Sox made are meaningless and stupid. But hey make things up Joe Fool

MOST don't believe the Orioles are perfectly set :rolleyes:

We all understand PA is a terrible owner

but hey thanks again for reminding us....over and over and over

As usual you continue to troll about looking like a complete IDIOT

knock yourself out dbag

#12 Byng

Byng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,317 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

This from Roch's blog this afternoon:

"
I've been asked about the rumor that the Orioles might send J.J. Hardy to the Tigers for Porcello and infielder Jhonny Peralta. I'm not privy to every conversation held by executive vice president Dan Duquette, but my guess is he has no intention of dealing his Gold Glove shortstop.
This article on MLive.com pondered whether such a deal could be consummated. The exact wording was, "Could the Tigers package Porcello and Peralta for Hardy, as The Detroit News' Lynn Henning suggested on Twitter today?"
Just posing a question. Not saying it was likely to happen.
I checked Henning's tweet, which read, "Mulling possibilities for Tigers: Porcello/Peralta to O's: Peralta goes to 3B, Machado moves to SS. Orioles kill 2 birds. Tigers get a SS"
Henning, one of the most respected reporters in the business and a really good guy, also tweeted, "Makes sense from Det. perspective. But Orioles really love Hardy."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. Jacques Yves Cousteau.

#13 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,387 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

This from Roch's blog this afternoon:

"
I've been asked about the rumor that the Orioles might send J.J. Hardy to the Tigers for Porcello and infielder Jhonny Peralta. I'm not privy to every conversation held by executive vice president Dan Duquette, but my guess is he has no intention of dealing his Gold Glove shortstop.
This article on MLive.com pondered whether such a deal could be consummated. The exact wording was, "Could the Tigers package Porcello and Peralta for Hardy, as The Detroit News' Lynn Henning suggested on Twitter today?"
Just posing a question. Not saying it was likely to happen.
I checked Henning's tweet, which read, "Mulling possibilities for Tigers: Porcello/Peralta to O's: Peralta goes to 3B, Machado moves to SS. Orioles kill 2 birds. Tigers get a SS"
Henning, one of the most respected reporters in the business and a really good guy, also tweeted, "Makes sense from Det. perspective. But Orioles really love Hardy."

Peralta is considered a below average defensive SS, and Porcell is a back of the rotation pitcher. it sounds like a Tigers fan came up with that trade scenario
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#14 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Peralta is considered a below average defensive SS, and Porcell is a back of the rotation pitcher. it sounds like a Tigers fan came up with that trade scenario

No, it was probably a Boston fan - that works for ESPN.
I love how they use Saber and say "Boston is 10 wins better" with their signings - but look at who they signed.
Their team looks like a Frankenstein's monster.

Otoh, the Indians have done a great job revamping their offensive roster - but how is their pitching?
They are two starters deep, and a bunch of ?'s after that.
As weak as the Central is, they may still improve significantly.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#15 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,387 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

No, it was probably a Boston fan - that works for ESPN.
I love how they use Saber and say "Boston is 10 wins better" with their signings - but look at who they signed.
Their team looks like a Frankenstein's monster.

Otoh, the Indians have done a great job revamping their offensive roster - but how is their pitching?
They are two starters deep, and a bunch of ?'s after that.
As weak as the Central is, they may still improve significantly.

aside from Dempster, I don't see any impact additions to Boston. they collected complimentary players, although I've always been a fan of Stephen Drew.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#16 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,497 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

aside from Dempster, I don't see any impact additions to Boston. they collected complimentary players, although I've always been a fan of Stephen Drew.

"Complementary" players sometime do fine as demonstrated by the O's last season. The word is the Red Sox are moving away from high priced, big ego free agents (Gonzalez, Crawford, Beckett) and going for players that are good in the clubhouse (whatever that means).

In any case, 2013 is already preordained with my prediction that the Red Sox get back into the playoffs.

Happy holidays to you and your family.

#17 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Man you never give up do you? When will you realize that we really don't care what you think?

#18 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,387 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

"Complementary" players sometime do fine as demonstrated by the O's last season. The word is the Red Sox are moving away from high priced, big ego free agents (Gonzalez, Crawford, Beckett) and going for players that are good in the clubhouse (whatever that means).

In any case, 2013 is already preordained with my prediction that the Red Sox get back into the playoffs.

Happy holidays to you and your family.

so you don't approve of giving bloated contracts to top shelf impact free agents, but you approve of giving bloated contracts to complimentary players.

interesting strategy, let's see if it pays off for you and them this year.

#19 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,497 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

so you don't approve of giving bloated contracts to top shelf impact free agents, but you approve of giving bloated contracts to complimentary players.

interesting strategy, let's see if it pays off for you and them this year.

Which of the "complementary" free agents signed by the Red Sox this off-season received the same bloated contract that was given to Gonzalez, Crawford or Beckett?

#20 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,387 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

Which of the "complementary" free agents signed by the Red Sox this off-season received the same bloated contract that was given to Gonzalez, Crawford or Beckett?

I'm not sure where that question came from or why you're asking me. you should direct that question to the person who made that comment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users