Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeebus

Before the ban - buy a legal machine gun now - no photos, no fingerprints, no NFA tax

28 posts in this topic

The Slide Fire stock is 100% legal, ATF approved.

A machine gun fires as long as the trigger is depressed, until the magazine is empty. This is a legal semi-automatic weapon, and yes, the trigger is being pulled each and every time for each and every round that is fired.

The stock currently sells for around $350, expect them to go for triple that when the upcoming ban is enacted.

(Legal machine guns sell for around $15,000 - $20,000 btw).

Yes, I know you can use a shoestring to do the same thing, but when the ATF banned the shoestring and classified it as a machine gun, I got rid of all of my shoestrings and instead bought a Slide Fire stock.

Are you going to ban wood as an integral part of a "machine gun" like they did with the shoestring?

:eek:

Made in the USA.

Support an American small business by purchasing a legal American-made product.

http://www.slidefire.com/

I've got a 6" Model 627 S&W .357.

Beautiful piece. Think of a slightly miniturized Dirty Harry pistol.

Except in stainless steel.

Nice, but you can't bump-fire a revolver no matter how hard you try. ;)

Nice, but you can't bump-fire a revolver no matter how hard you try. ;)

I keep semi-autos for immediate use.

But that S&W, she's a beaut. :)

I had no idea that there was an actual industry being built around selling weapons to people that think that the zombie apocalypse is coming.

http://www.slidefire.com/zombie-media

And yes, that does look, sound, and act like a fully automatic weapon.

Jerry Miculek won world championships with the 627, a very nice 8-shooter. If DH had been carrying the 627, the line "I know what you're thinking - did he fire 5 or 6 times?" would have been immaterial.

I should have known you were a kindred fan of the round butt.

I've got the S&W 629 in .44 mag - same gun as DH but in stainless and same N size frame as your 627. Mine is the slightly lighter mountain gun (if any 40 oz revolver can be called "lighter").

At one time, you could fine these for sale cheap at gun shows - complete with a box of ammo, less 6 rounds...

Mine is the slightly lighter mountain gun (if any 40 oz revolver can be called "lighter").

Barrel length ? 8 3/8ths ?

I had no idea that there was an actual industry being built around selling weapons to people that think that the zombie apocalypse is coming.

http://www.slidefire.com/zombie-media

And yes, that does look, sound, and act like a fully automatic weapon.

You sound remarkably unprepared for the zombie apocalypse.

Barrel length ? 8 3/8ths ?

The Mountain gun is 4". Its a little less weight forward balance than the heavier barrel. You can shoot it all day with .44 special.

A machine gun fires as long as the trigger is depressed, until the magazine is empty. This is a legal semi-automatic weapon, and yes, the trigger is being pulled each and every time for each and every round that is fired.

The stock currently sells for around $350, expect them to go for triple that when the upcoming ban is enacted.

Yes, I know you can use a shoestring to do the same thing, but when the ATF banned the shoestring and classified it as a machine gun, I got rid of all of my shoestrings and instead bought a Slide Fire stock.

Are you going to ban wood as an integral part of a "machine gun" like they did with the shoestring?

That "machine gun" looks small and sound wimpy. Is it the model for women ? What's its range ? The video doesn't show the target and its distance. The whole thing looks like a fraud.

The Mountain gun is 4".

My dad had the 629 in 8 3/8".

Being a teen, I wouldn't shoot it one handed.

Single most inpressive handgun I've even seen though.

My dad had the 629 in 8 3/8".

Being a teen, I wouldn't shoot it one handed.

Single most inpressive handgun I've even seen though.

That heavier barrel is easier than the small barrels with the full loads. With .44 special, it is a *****cat. That's a big revolver for an intro to handguns.

I think that's the first time I've been bleeped - and wasted it on an innocent version of "kitty"cat.

I think that's the first time I've been bleeped - and wasted it on an innocent version of "kitty"cat.

LOL. That's funny. The problem with automatic word scanners that are trained for certain words or phrases, without allowances for context. I suppose the proper version of the "kittywillow" tree would end up bleeped as well. :)

That "machine gun" looks small and sound wimpy. Is it the model for women ? What's its range ? The video doesn't show the target and its distance. The whole thing looks like a fraud.

Slide Fire stocks are not "frauds" and a simple search will show you as many videos as you want.

And as stated above, it's not really a "machine gun" just a perfectly legal American-made aftermarket accessory to a perfectly legal semi-automatic rifle.

Each round that is fired is preceded by a single individual pull and release of the trigger, and no matter how fast it is done does not change its status or make it a fully-automatic weapon as classified by the BATFE.

Of course, a shoestring remains illegal.

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/01/25/shoestring-machine-gun/

Here is a letter outlining the show string rule.

Personally I don't see why the string is illegal and that slide mechanism is legal

It is exactly the kind of thing that gun grabbers can point to as evidence that the laws are too loose. If all that was needed was for the ATF to write a policy on the string (no change in law) I would support a new interpretation on the slide stock. It is clearly not intended for disabled people.

That's a big revolver for an intro to handguns.

Yeah, no kidding.

It wasn't my intro to handguns, but as best I recall the highest caliber I had shot before then was .32.

Which, as I'm sure you know, was a relative spitball.

I hear Slide Fire Solutions, Inc, just had their biggest two week sales period of all time.

Great news for a small American Military Veteran-owned business.

I guess this is great if you want to defeat the functionality of the weapon design. If I have a rifle/carbine I'd prefer to actually be able to shoot the thing accurately at reasonable ranges. This silliness drops the effective range for a point target down from probably 400m down to to likely 50 to 100m on this platform.

I guess this is great if you want to defeat the functionality of the weapon design. If I have a rifle/carbine I'd prefer to actually be able to shoot the thing accurately at reasonable ranges. This silliness drops the effective range for a point target down from probably 400m down to to likely 50 to 100m on this platform.

From a recent Businessweek article,

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-20/after-newtown-gun-control-steps-we-can-take#p2

Arguing about whether a particular rifle is an assault weapon makes no sense. Worse, it creates the impression among firearm advocates that gun-control proponents either don’t know what they’re talking about or that a ban on assault weapons is actually a precursor to broader prohibition.

My opinion something like Slide Fire Stock will be less effective in most shooting scenarios, perhaps other than emptying your magazine as quick as possible, as the shooter will have less control and accuracy and will require more ammuntion.

That stock may be a fun toy for some but it really isn't functional. I agree it's kind of fun to shoot rapidly through full auto or even this method once or twice, but if one is interested in any functional use of a weapon in the civilian world (and most of the military world) they would be better served using that time and ammo to train how to use a rifle properly and efficiently.