Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AgentOrange

How the top experts predict who wins the Superbowl

6 posts in this topic

When predicting who wins the Superbowl, there are 5 certain methods of evaluating a teams chances that are used and it goes as follow.

1. Rushing stats

2. Defensive stats

3. Turnover ratio

4. Injuries

5. Home field advantage

The experts will usually go with these four indicators to determine a teams chance's and if we were to use this methodology, here is what should happen.However, I will only foucs on teams that have a mathimatical chane of making the playoffs.

Rushing leaders

Washington

Seattle

San Fran

Defense (Overall)

San Fran

Seattle

Defense (Run stop)

Washington

San Fran

Seattle

Turnover ratio (givaway vs takeway differential)

1. Washington

2. Atlanta

3. Seattle

Injuries

Houston, Baltimore, Gb, NY Giants have all been beatup towards the season end and have not lived up to their potential.

Denver is the least beat up team and has lived up to and surprassed its potential

Home field advantage

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/superstudy-home-field-advantage-playoffs/13014/

Homefield advantage is crucial to advancing to and winning a Sperbowl, However bowl teams.

HOWEVER

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Has_an_indoor_football_team_ever_won_a_Super_Bowl

Only 3 indoor stadium teams have won the superbowl, so we must factor this in when predicting a super bolw winner

LIKELY SUPERBOWL SCENARIO

Based on low injuries, ability to both pass and run and outdoor stadium status, this is what I came up with.

Denver vs Washington

LIKELY WINNER

Denver...only because Peyton Manning is more experienced than RG3 and the Broncos are the least injured team.

Very possible, especially since both teams have been playing very well down the stretch.

Still, I'm not sure the Skins defense is strong enough to get them there, and Manning may have to go through his old nemesis the Patriots.

I'll go with Denver. They are going to end up with first or second seed. The only place they may have to travel is Houston, and I think they can beat Houston. Not sold on Washington though. I Don't think they can go on the road and beat either Green Bay, Atlanta, or San Francisco. If they end up hosting Seattle in the first round I think they could get bounced at home.

They must have ignored the Packers and the Saints over the last few years, then.

They won with pass oriented offenses and middle of the road defenses.

Seattle has one hell of a team, but they can't seem to get consistent performance.

The Niners have also been a bit inconsistent - but their team is incredibly talented, too.

Denver doesn't have a running game, but they have one of the best QBs in the history of the NFL.

Atlanta is a good team, but they are inconsistent, too.

I'm a homer, but I think Baltimore is in prime position to surprise everyone.

They have two starting level backs and the best back in the NFL, they now have a playcaller that will put the team in the position to gain yards. They have a good core of receivers that will fit well in the new set of playcalls, and they have a QB that can execute.

They will also get back Ray, and hopefully some other guys, which should put their defense in position to continue it's strong play.

Sorry but I don't buy into your premise that top experts use that criteria to evaluate who is going to win the Super Bowl. Where did you read that?