Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

Russell Wilson Best NFL Rookie QB I Have Seen in 48 Years Following NFL

287 posts in this topic

I was watching the Seahawks/Niners game and was astonished at what I was seeing with Seattle's rookie QB.

He was absolutely amazing against possibly the top defense in the NFL. He was extremely quick, compact and decisive in unloading his pinpoint passes. He also seemed much like Fan Tarkenton to have eyes in the back of his head under pressure.

This kid is going to be a superstar. He is showing amazingly talent, above that of the overated RGIII and even looks more advanced as a rookie than Andrew Luck.

Seattle IMO seems to have found the next Drew Brees, only a better scrambler. He is sort of a hybrid Brees/Aaron Rogers. What a steal as a third round pick!

The Seahawks defense reminds me of the 2000 Ravens defense sending hordes after the ball carrier, hitting people left and right, blocking FG's and running them back.

He's good, real good. But I'll still take Luck.

he is very talented

but, I'll take RG3

and I still can't believe I'm saying that. Coming in I thought Luck was the "cream of the crop".

This year's crop of quarterbacks does indeed seem to be a great one. Time will tell if they continue their success.

I was watching the Seahawks/Niners game and was astonished at what I was seeing with Seattle's rookie QB.

He was absolutely amazing against possibly the top defense in the NFL. He was extremely quick, compact and decisive in unloading his pinpoint passes. He also seemed much like Fan Tarkenton to have eyes in the back of his head under pressure.

This kid is going to be a superstar. He is showing amazingly talent, above that of the overated RGIII and even looks more advanced as a rookie than Andrew Luck.

Seattle IMO seems to have found the next Drew Brees, only a better scrambler. He is sort of a hybrid Brees/Aaron Rogers. What a steal as a third round pick!

Tell me how would Boller compare to Russell?

Russell is having a great year but oldfan is certainly prone to fits of hyperbole.

This is a big year for rookie QB's but this is a marathon and not a sprint.

This thread is comical.

Not nearly as comical as your posts on NFL QB talent. You haven't the slightest clue about what you spout. You idiotic bias towards the Redskins has created an embarrasing man crush on Cam Newton-lite.

I tried to tell you that your overated boy RGVickJr was gonna get hurt and you totally dissed me as being stupid. Guess who was spot on? It wasn't you genius now was it?:eek::rolleyes:

Now I am trying to tell you that Russell Wilson is going to be the next QB superstar in this league. A hybrid Brees/Rogers talent-wise that will continue to blow your mind for a rookie QB. Give some credit where credit is due for once son.

Tell me how would Boller compare to Russell?
Well...if you had a 55" TV that could see into the future, you'd see everything a lot differently.

;)

Well...if you had a 55" TV that could see into the future, you'd see everything a lot differently.

;)

You should have been able to see that Boller was not an NFL caliber QB even if you were deaf, dumb, and blind. Yet so many morons here either were too stupid to see it or refused to admit it. Anybody seen Gino Giant lately??:D He argued with me that Boller was the next Drew Brees. What a fool he was. Probably why he doesn't post any more. Too embarassed.:eek:;)

Not nearly as comical as your posts on NFL QB talent. You haven't the slightest clue about what you spout. You idiotic bias towards the Redskins has created an embarrasing man crush on Cam Newton-lite.

I tried to tell you that your overated boy RGVickJr was gonna get hurt and you totally dissed me as being stupid. Guess who was spot on? It wasn't you genius now was it?:eek::rolleyes:

Now I am trying to tell you that Russell Wilson is going to be the next QB superstar in this league. A hybrid Brees/Rogers talent-wise that will continue to blow your mind for a rookie QB. Give some credit where credit is due for once son.

So how exactly is Wilson better than Griffin? Because he got a free win from the replacement refs? Oh no, it's because you don't know squat. Seattle's offense runs through Marshawn lynch, not Wilson. That's not the case for Griffin or Luck.

Griffin has thrown for more yards, half the interceptions and has a better completion percentage and QB rating. You take away Wilson's touchdown and win in the Worst Call Ever and he has the same record too.

I won't hold my breath for you to come up with anything better than you ill informed opinion.

So how exactly is Wilson better than Griffin? Because he got a free win from the replacement refs? Oh no, it's because you don't know squat. Seattle's offense runs through Marshawn lynch, not Wilson. That's not the case for Griffin or Luck.

Griffin has thrown for more yards, half the interceptions and has a better completion percentage and QB rating. You take away Wilson's touchdown and win in the Worst Call Ever and he has the same record too.

I won't hold my breath for you to come up with anything better than you ill informed opinion.

This sums up a lot of it.

Another thing, if you watch the game footage from the win against the Niners, you see that Wilson's passes were under little duress, and were normally his 1st look. A couple of times, he even stared down receivers - something no QB should do.

The one highlight I saw from that game was the pick he threw - and it was the only time he was under duress.

To me, he reminds me of a Flutie type, only not as quick in his decision making.

You should have been able to see that Boller was not an NFL caliber QB even if you were deaf, dumb, and blind. Yet so many morons here either were too stupid to see it or refused to admit it. Anybody seen Gino Giant lately??:D He argued with me that Boller was the next Drew Brees. What a fool he was. Probably why he doesn't post any more. Too embarassed.:eek:;)
Hmmmmm...I don't recall any posted between Gino Giant and Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

(So who were you posting as THEN when these arguments took place, huh?)

You missed the reference to the 55" TV that could see into the future. It's a reference to some Old19Fan posts of yesteryear.

I told you all you need to know son on my post that started this thread. Read it again slowly and fully digest. Then I highly recommend you watch him (Wilson) in action. He has an incredible quickness both afoot and mentally in making his decision when and where to either unload the ball or escape pressure.

He actually reminds me of a hybrid of Drew Brees/Aaron Rogers/Fran Tarkenton. Tarkenton is a HOFer and both Brees and Rogers well on their way to Canton. Wilson has all the physical ability and talent of these QB's. You can see it by watching him as did Pete Carroll early on. What a talent, he is simply amazing to watch. :eek:

This sums up a lot of it.

Another thing, if you watch the game footage from the win against the Niners, you see that Wilson's passes were under little duress, and were normally his 1st look. A couple of times, he even stared down receivers - something no QB should do.

The one highlight I saw from that game was the pick he threw - and it was the only time he was under duress.

To me, he reminds me of a Flutie type, only not as quick in his decision making.

You telling me that RGIII (VickJr) doesnt' stare down receivers? He only seems to be able to complete passes to wide open receivers most of the time as well. Wilson puts the ball right on the money, hitting the receiver in stride most of the time from what I saw.

His accuracy is beyond dispute. He delivers the ball on time and in a tight window to the receiver. He also knows when to go down safely when scramblling, unlike VickJr. He also may not be as fast as VickJr, but he is quicker in his movements. He is very compact in his delivery like Brees and decisive like Rogers, while showing Tarkenton-like ability to scramble.

As always, I give you stats and you rely on wishful thinking.

Griffin is more accurate. You must have missed the game winning toss to Moss last week, Hadley.

Also, you don't know a thing about arm motions either. Wilson has a hitch in his which he has gotten away with so far. Luck and Griffin have near perfect arm motions.

You telling me that RGIII (VickJr) doesnt' stare down receivers? He only seems to be able to complete passes to wide open receivers most of the time as well. Wilson puts the ball right on the money, hitting the receiving in stride most of the time from what I saw.

His accuracy is beyond dispute. He delivers the ball on time and in a tight window to the receiver. He also knows when to go down safely when scramblling unlike VickJr. He also may not be as fast as VickJr but he is quicker in his movements. He is very compact in his delivery like Brees and decisive like Rogers, while showing Tarkenton-like ability to scramble.

I'm not talking about RGIII, I'm talking about Russell Wilson.

He's a good game manager.

He's not elite.

He's not the best QB in 48 years.

If anyone deserves the utmost respect, it is Luck. Luck has a couple of good receivers, and that's it. He has no running game to work with like RG3 and Wilson.

Still, in terms of raw ability, RG3 is at the top. Wilson is good when he's not under duress. Luck is the best at the end of the game.

Wilson is going to be a good one but RG3 is the complete opposite of overrated. If anything he might actually be even better than advertised which is saying a mouthful. I will agree that Wilson has looked slightly more poised/advanced than Luck at times but obviously won't project that to mean he'll have a better career than Luck.