Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BamaOsFan

Spring Training in Sarasota 2013

9 posts in this topic

The wife surprised me with my first trip to Sarasota to see the O's play in the Florida sun Feb 23 through Mar 3.

Who has gone and can tell me about the area? Tickets hard to come by? Any info on hotels, restaurants, bars, other attractions in the area, etc ...

Look for the guy with the O's hat and University of Alabama shirt. :D

The wife surprised me with my first trip to Sarasota to see the O's play in the Florida sun Feb 23 through Mar 3.

Who has gone and can tell me about the area? Tickets hard to come by? Any info on hotels, restaurants, bars, other attractions in the area, etc ...

Im going there for my honeymoon. Same week lol. What we did this year is went off of the orioles website and signed up for one of there packages. It included hotel, car rental, meet and greet with a few O's players and tickets to each one of there home games(which is only 3 for the 7 days we are staying down there). We are flying into Tampa and driving(about a 45 minute drive). Flights into Sarasota are to far apart and much more money. This will be our 2nd time going to it.

Im going there for my honeymoon. Same week lol. What we did this year is went off of the orioles website and signed up for one of there packages. It included hotel, car rental, meet and greet with a few O's players and tickets to each one of there home games(which is only 3 for the 7 days we are staying down there). We are flying into Tampa and driving(about a 45 minute drive). Flights into Sarasota are to far apart and much more money. This will be our 2nd time going to it.

Why would a nice lady like your fiancee marry a dog?

I live 40 miles south of Sarasota. Its a nice town with lots to do. I would recommend TripAdvisor to get info. Lots of good food. If you miss Maryland crab cakes go to Coynes in Westfield Mall. You will think you are back on the Chesapeake Bay.

You should order tickets ahead of time. After the Orioles success last year there should be lots of fans around.