Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joecool

Call me Crazy but these Ravens...

16 posts in this topic

JOECOOL!!

Happy New Year, joecool!

Where ya BEEN?!!!

Well...to be fair, they are the AFC North champions and, despite a terrible year injuries wise and other wise, they have been tested!

Perhaps the character has been made stronger by those tests as the Giants found out on Sunday. This Sunday in Cincinnatti will tell us a lot!

However, I am leaning towards Joe Cool's optimism.

Happy New year you two!

OK, this euphoria is based on.....the win vs. the Giants?

Well, I like the optimism. I do. I hope you are right.

So, you are discounting the offensive ineptitude the previous 3 weeks?

I know we looked great vs. the Giants but we were horrendous the 2 weeks prior.

So, which team is the real Ravens? Time will tell.

I hope you are right.

OK, this euphoria is based on.....the win vs. the Giants?

Well, I like the optimism. I do. I hope you are right.

So, you are discounting the offensive ineptitude the previous 3 weeks?

I know we looked great vs. the Giants but we were horrendous the 2 weeks prior.

So, which team is the real Ravens? Time will tell.

I hope you are right.

I took the OP as a sarcastic statement.

I took the OP as a sarcastic statement.
Nopers. Joecool is the ULTIMATE optimist!!

:D

Once you make the playoffs, anything can happen. But the road to the superbowl will most likely be quite a bit harder this year than last. Assuming a win at home in the first playoff game, the next two would likely be against either Houston and then Denver or New England on the road, or against Denver/New England in succession. Given the Ravens uneven performances on the road this year, it is not impossible to go all the way, but it is also not likely. A more likely end to the season comes on the road either in Houston, Denver or New England.

My problem with any kind of optimism is that I have not seen them put together more than 1 or two good performances in a row. Even the 4 game win streak they looked horrible and escaped with some wins they should not have gotten.

Struggled vs. KC (worst team)

Struggled at home vs. Dallas (got pretty lucky not to lose)

Blown out by Houston

Maybe weeks 9-11 could qualify as a decent run where they played pretty well against a tough Cleveland defense on the road, then blew out Oakland at home, then beat Pitt on the road.

Then weeks 13-15 is where we all are stuck wondering about any playoff run.

But if you break it down, vs pitt it was close against the number one D and it come down to losing the turnover battle. They scored 28 on the skins and the D (injured) let them down. Then vs. denver the offense and Flacco let them down, also losing the turnover battle.

Something tells me basedon the current state if no more injuries happen and they take care of the ball (win turnover margin in every game) they will make it all the way.

Upon further review we won the turnover battle in week 13 vs. pitt. Can't quite figure out how we lost that one. I was there and still can't believe it. We out rushed them and scored plenty of points. Once again I guess it comes down to a wounded defense that was on the field for 35 minutes. In close games like that, time of possession and penalties was likely the difference.

Upon further review we won the turnover battle in week 13 vs. pitt. Can't quite figure out how we lost that one. I was there and still can't believe it. We out rushed them and scored plenty of points. Once again I guess it comes down to a wounded defense that was on the field for 35 minutes. In close games like that, time of possession and penalties was likely the difference.

questionable penalty call on the "winning field goal" drive......

As I stated in another thread, the Ravens have won by inches and lost by inches in a few games this year. The Houston debacle was poor shceme on both sides of the ball.....

Despite having ups and downs, injuries, funny bounces (reid recovers the fumbled punt vs Redskins in bounds Ravens are a 4-loss team with a chance at 2 home field games) they are still 10-5 going into Sunday......

The team is getting healthy(erer) and the squabble between Flacco and Cameron has been resolved.

I would not be shocked if we see Flacco string together 4 great games to get them into the Super bowl.....

Then again, he could regress.

That's why they play the games and we watch the games, no?

The team is getting healthy(erer) and the squabble between Flacco and Cameron has been resolved.

I would not be shocked if we see Flacco string together 4 great games to get them into the Super bowl.....

Then again, he could regress.

That's why they play the games and we watch the games, no?

Agreed. The playoffs are a fresh start and a chance for some of the injuries and bad bounces to reverse fortune. We shall see.

49ers need a good ole fashion NFL Spanking!
Nothin like bumpin the good old oldies, eh, joecool?!!!

:D