Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

So...have I missed anything interesting?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 crawdaddy

crawdaddy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,955 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Last year was another lost season right?

:)

#2 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,186 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Nope not a lost season, but you must have missed the offseason where other teams in the division have made moves to improve themselves and the O's haven't. :cool:
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#3 douglas tomlinson

douglas tomlinson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

What do you mean, not improved? They will be wearing orange caps during batting practice! This will surely propel the O's to the post season. Woo whooo!

#4 kudzu

kudzu

Significant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,974 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hello, craw.

How the heck are you ?

2.5 kids with another one on the way, no doubt ?

#5 crawdaddy

crawdaddy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,955 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

Nothing all that new. Out of research and into policy. Living in DC. 2 years married with whispers of children coming in the next year or so.

Baseball-wise...I lost Nick to Baseball Prospectus when he decided to leave the NL team he scouted for, which has actually opened up more doors for me. A few of my other writer buddies have been picked up by teams, which has been exciting. However, I maintain that I have no interest in joining a baseball team (not enough pay or job security...people are very hungry to get those jobs...I simply do not have that hunger for the price they are willing to pay).

Anyway, I am still writing for Camden Depot, freelancing for ESPN (rarely), and frittering away on twitter and the occasional podcast.

I also saw the Hobbit last night. Eh, it was OK. It is more my wife's thing. However, it was the first time I went out to the Air and Space annex in Chantilly. Very good to get up close to the Enola Gay, a Blackbird, Discovery (which I saw buzz the Mall), and the whole assortment of fighter jets. It is amazing how much memory I retained from my elementary school fascination with war. I was rattling off plan names left and right. I wish I was using that memory for something else. Anyway, I digress.

#6 kudzu

kudzu

Significant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,974 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Living in DC.

With Nats season tickets, no doubt. Or at least a mini-plan ? :)

Alternatively, perhaps you are like those DC sports fans who somehow choose to live in Baltimore ? All three of them...

Regardless, that SR-71 is pretty cool, eh ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users