Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crawdaddy

So...have I missed anything interesting?

6 posts in this topic

Nope not a lost season, but you must have missed the offseason where other teams in the division have made moves to improve themselves and the O's haven't. B)

What do you mean, not improved? They will be wearing orange caps during batting practice! This will surely propel the O's to the post season. Woo whooo!

Hello, craw.

How the heck are you ?

2.5 kids with another one on the way, no doubt ?

Nothing all that new. Out of research and into policy. Living in DC. 2 years married with whispers of children coming in the next year or so.

Baseball-wise...I lost Nick to Baseball Prospectus when he decided to leave the NL team he scouted for, which has actually opened up more doors for me. A few of my other writer buddies have been picked up by teams, which has been exciting. However, I maintain that I have no interest in joining a baseball team (not enough pay or job security...people are very hungry to get those jobs...I simply do not have that hunger for the price they are willing to pay).

Anyway, I am still writing for Camden Depot, freelancing for ESPN (rarely), and frittering away on twitter and the occasional podcast.

I also saw the Hobbit last night. Eh, it was OK. It is more my wife's thing. However, it was the first time I went out to the Air and Space annex in Chantilly. Very good to get up close to the Enola Gay, a Blackbird, Discovery (which I saw buzz the Mall), and the whole assortment of fighter jets. It is amazing how much memory I retained from my elementary school fascination with war. I was rattling off plan names left and right. I wish I was using that memory for something else. Anyway, I digress.

Living in DC.

With Nats season tickets, no doubt. Or at least a mini-plan ? :)

Alternatively, perhaps you are like those DC sports fans who somehow choose to live in Baltimore ? All three of them...

Regardless, that SR-71 is pretty cool, eh ?