Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crawdaddy

So...have I missed anything interesting?

6 posts in this topic

Nothing all that new. Out of research and into policy. Living in DC. 2 years married with whispers of children coming in the next year or so.

Baseball-wise...I lost Nick to Baseball Prospectus when he decided to leave the NL team he scouted for, which has actually opened up more doors for me. A few of my other writer buddies have been picked up by teams, which has been exciting. However, I maintain that I have no interest in joining a baseball team (not enough pay or job security...people are very hungry to get those jobs...I simply do not have that hunger for the price they are willing to pay).

Anyway, I am still writing for Camden Depot, freelancing for ESPN (rarely), and frittering away on twitter and the occasional podcast.

I also saw the Hobbit last night. Eh, it was OK. It is more my wife's thing. However, it was the first time I went out to the Air and Space annex in Chantilly. Very good to get up close to the Enola Gay, a Blackbird, Discovery (which I saw buzz the Mall), and the whole assortment of fighter jets. It is amazing how much memory I retained from my elementary school fascination with war. I was rattling off plan names left and right. I wish I was using that memory for something else. Anyway, I digress.

Living in DC.

With Nats season tickets, no doubt. Or at least a mini-plan ? :)

Alternatively, perhaps you are like those DC sports fans who somehow choose to live in Baltimore ? All three of them...

Regardless, that SR-71 is pretty cool, eh ?