Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

russ498

Maryland Kayak Fishing

2 posts in this topic

A bit of a slow day so I thought I would start a new topic on my favorite outdoor activity.

For anyone that has not thought about it, Kayak fishing is a fabulous way to get outdoors. It puts you very close to nature and can be relatively inexpensive to get into. There is a message board specifically for Maryland kayak fisherman. There are over 1000 registered members with about 250 that are active participants on the board. Once a month, we have a meet and greet at a different location where we get as many people as possible to participate and meet other members. I have six or eight people I met through the board that I fish with regularly but have actually have met over fifty other people that share the same interest. There are members from every areas of the state as well as members in all the surrounding states.

The January meet and greet is the only one that is not on the water specifically for fishing. We are meeting on January 12, 2013, at 1:00 PM, at Dave and Busters at the Arundel Mills Mall. This meeting is mostly to meet other people but we also pick the locations that we are going to fish for the other eleven months. We are also starting a tournament series that will begin this spring. We have a fund-raising tournament in September that benefits Save the Bay and Heroes which is a charity that benefits wounded warriors.

All are welcome at all events. We do not have a formal membership process.

Also, we have quite a few people that go crabbing and waterfowl hunting from kayaks, if that strikes your fancy.

The message board website is: http://www.snaggedline.com/ or you can Google Maryland Kayak Fisherman.