Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purple_Sunday

Sunday's Referee: Mike Carey

31 posts in this topic

Mike "Malice in his Heart" Carey will be calling the game this Sunday. Rather than his own full crew being with him, he'll have a crew of some of the top guys at their positions. For a full list of the officials, all the details are available online...

http://www.footballzebras.com/2013/01/02/6103

Only site I have ever been on where they are concerned with who the officals are.:rolleyes:

Only site I have ever been on where they are concerned with who the officals are.:rolleyes:

You mean like this?:D

http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93205

ravens being handed another win by the refs

nice phantom personal foul penalty to give a key 3rd down conversion

-------------------

i can't wait to face these turds in our stadium, i'm sick of them and their gifts from the ******* refs

...or like this

...or this?:eek:

http://www.pghsportsforum.com/forum/showthread.php/15022-Heart-of-a-Champion-Steelers-overcome-Refs-and-Giants

Well then all those other sites are full of idiots! Every team in the league scouts the officials. They all have tendencies and certain things they look for and call and others they are more forgiving about. Pass interference is a big one for example.

A fan base that is interested enough to analyze and even be concerned about a given official or crew is to be applauded not mocked.

Vegas line makers list it for every game and use it as a factor when they establish their point spreads.

Who is the ref for the Steelers game this weekend?

Oh, that's right......

I will bet you at least 6 holding calls are made and 3 RTP calls. If not that than you will also see more red flags thrown before half than either coach has to use.

Not true. There are others.

He's horrible. Worst ref in the NFL.

Have you ever seen the Walts: Coleman and Anderson? How about Ron "roughing the Brady" Winter? Besides that stupid "malice in his heart" comment, I think Carey is a solid ref. Really, Brian Billick allowed his "adults" to police themselves with penalties during his tenure. As a result, we sometimes saw nonsense like that 2005 game in Detriot. I blame Billick more so than Carey.

They all suck. Except Big Ed Hoculi...

Though I do like him, Big Ed has been slipping over the past couple of years. BTW, I notice he didn't do any Ravens games this season. Gene Steratore is another one that has seen his stock slip over the past couple seasons.

I think Scott Green and Al Riveron are the best in the game. Riveron will be in Houston this weekend while Green goes to Green Bay.

Also, it's rumored that Jerome Boger will get the nod in the Super Bowl.