Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chrisbraven

Enemy Scouting Report: Wildcard Weekend vs. Indianapolis

3 posts in this topic

In lieu of the heightened stakes of the playoffs, I have watched every offensive snap of Indianapolis, from two different angles of coaches film, from their last 4 road games of the season: @New England, @Detroit, @Houston, and @Kansas City. I have cross-referenced all of my notes and come up with common tendencies that bode well for the Ravens, which are delineated in the form of action points and observations below.

Every team is clearly a different team on the road, so I chose to only watch Indy in their last half of road contests. Some of the things I saw on tape surprised me, in a good way for the Purple and Black. I'll elaborate below. In order to enjoy a healthy win in this first playoff game, the Ravens need to know that...

Continued on the4th and 29 blogsite.

Feedback welcome.

WIN FOR RAY

Braven

Very good analysis, Chris. If there is one certainty about the Colts, is that they are horrendous against the run. It would border on insanity if the Ravens didn't come out pounding the ball down their throats and in my opinion, shouldn't let up until the final gun sounds. I know I've been harping on Baltimore not running consistently from game to game but there's too much at stake now and it's time to bury the Colts up front. No playing around, no funny stuff...just get down and dirty and rip their hearts out. If Kansas City can put up a ridiculous 300+ yards on the ground, I KNOW the Ravens can exceed 200 if they can resist the temptation to get pass happy. Not to mention the obvious benefit of controlling the clock and keeping Luck on the sidelines.