• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 terps19

terps19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

So what is the status of this guy? He was supposed to be better than Chen and the Os signed him to a two year deal...

Does he have any shot of making the opening day starting rotation or even the roster?

#2 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

all I know is dem Terps were outstanding today ~

#3 weenie

weenie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

From what I hear, Wada will need time to gain arm strength early in the upcoming season. Norfolk will potentially have an impressive rotation with Wada, Arrieta, Bundy, Johnson and possibly Britton or Matusz. It's obvious a trade is needed to clear some of the excess perhaps but who goes and who is a keeper?

#4 sonnyfla

sonnyfla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

I have been a member for quite a few years but rarely post. I like to read what everyone writes and get different opinions. I have finally had it with this jerk kudzo. He has finally shown everyone what he is. Nothing but a racist pig. The moderators should show him the door and throw away the key. this forum does not need people of his ilk fouling the atmosphere.

#5 weenie

weenie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

I have been a member for quite a few years but rarely post. I like to read what everyone writes and get different opinions. I have finally had it with this jerk kudzo. He has finally shown everyone what he is. Nothing but a racist pig. The moderators should show him the door and throw away the key. this forum does not need people of his ilk fouling the atmosphere.

Amen! He makes the other contrarians look bad and he denigrates the discussion by merely participating. I suspect he's a troubled guy who no one listens to at home and others tolerate but otherwise avoid. I stopped reading his posts about 6 months ago. But beware, I too took exception with his bigotry and got lectured by Durango relative to my worthiness based solely on tenure.....he's been around for a decade posting regularly whereas I have only been around for four years and don't post enough to be deemed worthy. I imagine you will receive similar rhetoric but I wanted to weigh in first!

Nonetheless, Wada is a very intriguing 2013 factor. Imagine if he really is better then Chen and he shows that at AAA by early in the summer. With Bundy progressing and Arrieta possibly rebounding, a few of those guys could all still be forced to ride it out in Tidewater for the entire year regardless. When is the last time the O's had a legit logjam in the rotation? I think it may go all the way back to the Sammy Stewart and Storm Davis days.

Edited by weenie, 06 January 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#6 Softbank Orioles

Softbank Orioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Actually we don't really have moderators here, unfortunately.

As for the thread topic, Wada had the surgery early enough that he should be ready for spring training. If he's in shape or not is dependent on him. Some people bounce right back and some don't.

#7 Softbank Orioles

Softbank Orioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

From what I hear, Wada will need time to gain arm strength early in the upcoming season. Norfolk will potentially have an impressive rotation with Wada, Arrieta, Bundy, Johnson and possibly Britton or Matusz. It's obvious a trade is needed to clear some of the excess perhaps but who goes and who is a keeper?

Well, it turns out every single person is a keeper except Bob Dino.

DD has done a great job, but I don't know what he's thinking right now. I mean we need bats. We could have at least had Kendrys Morales for some arms...

If you don't want to trade then sign some free agents. You can't just do nothing. We need a bat.

#8 terps19

terps19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Well, it turns out every single person is a keeper except Bob Dino.

DD has done a great job, but I don't know what he's thinking right now. I mean we need bats. We could have at least had Kendrys Morales for some arms...

If you don't want to trade then sign some free agents. You can't just do nothing. We need a bat.

I have faith something will get done and the Os will get Morse or possibly Kubel. I cant doubt DD after the year he had last year assembling this team. Maybe Wada getting healthy will trigger a mid season trade.

#9 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,485 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

I have faith something will get done and the Os will get Morse or possibly Kubel. I cant doubt DD after the year he had last year assembling this team. Maybe Wada getting healthy will trigger a mid season trade.

I feel the same way. I think DD deserves our trust. I think the problem is that this org. has spent 15 years trying to beat the odds and be successful on the cheap. accomplishing that feat 1 time in 15 tries...it's fair that people still have doubt.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users