Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TDcity

Week 1

21 posts in this topic

I hear Franklin is playing Calvert Hall week 1. Tremendous challenge and great look for the program. Hope my son is not playing that day so I can see it. Great job coach keep it going.

I hear Franklin is playing Calvert Hall week 1. Tremendous challenge and great look for the program. Hope my son is not playing that day so I can see it. Great job coach keep it going.

Good look for Franklin but as usual Donald and CHC refuses to play anyway to start the season! Where's GURU?

I can see how a game like this would be good for Franklin's program for player exposure but they got crushed by a public school the past two week 1's so what do they honestly expect to happen when they play Calvert Hall??

And isn't Calvert Hall supposed to be loaded next year why are they playing Franklin? What happened to Dunbar?

I can see how a game like this would be good for Franklin's program for player exposure but they got crushed by a public school the past two week 1's so what do they honestly expect to happen when they play Calvert Hall??

And isn't Calvert Hall supposed to be loaded next year why are they playing Franklin? What happened to Dunbar?

CHC doesn't want to play anybody. They will be loaded next year and Franklin loses everybody but Smothers and Speedy Hinton.

Franklin is still loaded. The twins are there and they are special. My kid works out with the Franklin kids every weekend and they have special skill guys. I cannot speak for the other positions.

Dunbar I believe got screwed by the new Baltimore City Schedule

FYI...Dunbar does have Week 1 open...So, not sure what to tell you happened with the game. I thought the privates opened a week or 2 before Baltimore City this year...?

FYI...Dunbar does have Week 1 open...So, not sure what to tell you happened with the game. I thought the privates opened a week or 2 before Baltimore City this year...?

I heard that this may change

Good look for Franklin but as usual Donald and CHC refuses to play anyway to start the season! Where's GURU?

Who says you have to open the season like Gilman and get your *** beat like a drum?! I told you a month ago that the schedule would be beefed up. Franklin has become a good program the last few seasons. They definitely aren't a pushover. I also told you Dunbar didn't want any parts of a rematch with Calvert Hall. Coach Smith shot that idea down immediately when the subject was brought up by CHC.

Franklin, OLGC, St. John's and possibly DeMatha (I'm guessing) are four quality teams. Add in a regional/national power and the OOC schedule is very much improved. Even if there was a cupcake thrown in, the 6 game MIAA games would more than make up for it.

Who says you have to open the season like Gilman and get your *** beat like a drum?! I told you a month ago that the schedule would be beefed up. Franklin has become a good program the last few seasons. They definitely aren't a pushover. I also told you Dunbar didn't want any parts of a rematch with Calvert Hall. Coach Smith shot that idea down immediately when the subject was brought up by CHC.

Franklin, OLGC, St. John's and possibly DeMatha (I'm guessing) are four quality teams. Add in a regional/national power and the OOC schedule is very much improved. Even if there was a cupcake thrown in, the 6 game MIAA games would more than make up for it.

Franklin loses their whole damn team. They will be good at RB and WR, that's it. I personally think they should be ashamed to have this game on the schedule. CHC is loaded next year!

Now that there is no more playoffs, CHC will definitely not play anybody of note anytime in the future. They will hope Gilman beats themselves up with their Elite schedule and play down to CHC. But it's not going to happen, too much talent at Gilman. And it's only getting worse, next years Class at Gilman is going to be SICK. A better question is, now that it looks like your family will be at Gilman next year, will you root for them when they aren't playing CHC?

Franklin is still loaded. The twins are there and they are special. My kid works out with the Franklin kids every weekend and they have special skill guys. I cannot speak for the other positions.

If the twins are there, then Franklin will be trouble for the Publics. But not a team that CHC should be fearing. Personally I think next year the best teams in the state will be, DeMatha, Gilman, GC, McDonogh and CHC. With no more playoffs, CHC should be playing teams like McDevitt in Harrisburg.

Franklin loses their whole damn team. They will be good at RB and WR, that's it. I personally think they should be ashamed to have this game on the schedule. CHC is loaded next year!

Now that there is no more playoffs, CHC will definitely not play anybody of note anytime in the future. They will hope Gilman beats themselves up with their Elite schedule and play down to CHC. But it's not going to happen, too much talent at Gilman. And it's only getting worse, next years Class at Gilman is going to be SICK. A better question is, now that it looks like your family will be at Gilman next year, will you root for them when they aren't playing CHC?

I didn't know that you were such an expert on Franklin's 2013 roster. I have no clue on what they have returning but it doesn't matter anyway. Franklin was willing to play CHC in what is probably a Kickoff Classic game. You sure are impatient about finding out who CHC plays. As far as my cousin is concerned, I wish him well. We will see if he's redshirted or if Biff lets him play as a 9th grader.

PS: I still see that you're on McDonogh's jock. LOL! Haven't you learned your lesson. EaglesInsider doesn't pimp your boys near as hard as you do his Eagles. You also previously posted that OLGC would not be as good next season as they were this year. Now you say they'll be one of the top 5 teams in the state. Which point is true? Finally, I see what you're doing. "CHC will be loaded next year." CHC will be a top 5 team in the state." Please stop hyping my Cardinals. Stick to Gilman, MSJ and McDonogh. Thank you!

I didn't know that you were such an expert on Franklin's 2013 roster. I have no clue on what they have returning but it doesn't matter anyway. Franklin was willing to play CHC in what is probably a Kickoff Classic game. You sure are impatient about finding out who CHC plays. As far as my cousin is concerned, I wish him well. We will see if he's redshirted or if Biff lets him play as a 9th grader.

I commend Franklin as well. Just does nothing for CHC to play this game.

Your cousin will definitely play and probably get a lot of time. He's a big time stud!

PS: I still see that you're on McDonogh's jock. LOL! Haven't you learned your lesson. EaglesInsider doesn't pimp your boys near as hard as you do his Eagles. You also previously posted that OLGC would not be as good next season as they were this year. Now you say they'll be one of the top 5 teams in the state. Which point is true? Finally, I see what you're doing. "CHC will be loaded next year." CHC will be a top 5 team in the state." Please stop hyping my Cardinals. Stick to Gilman, MSJ and McDonogh. Thank you!

Gilman will be very good next year. Shane's production will be hard to replace, but then again they hardly missed a beat when they lost Darius and Cyrus and they return 2 MaxPreps All-Americans. Anyone looking to knock off the Greyhounds will need to play 48 minutes of physical football and get plenty of hits on the new QB.

McDonogh will go as their QB goes. If Durham makes big strides from freshman to sophomore year then the offense will be good. The real strength for McD will be their OL, running game and front 7 on defense. I expect them to be in a lot of close, low scoring games.

Schedule-wise for the Eagles, I'd love to see them pick up Franklin non-conference. The two schools are close enough to make for a nice rivalry, they already play in other sports and Franklin has a nice facility. Here are my thoughts on the possible McD schedule:

@ South River (Scrimmage)- This will stay as long as Lance Clelland is HC at SR

St. Paul's (Scrimmage)- This will either stay as a scrimmage or become a regular season game once again

Week 1- @ Gonzaga (DC)- I imagine this will stay the season opener for a 4th consecutive year

Week 2- ?- I believe SPP (NJ) was a 1-year deal

Week 3- Penn Charter (PA)- will stay unless PC cancels

Week 4- @ Georgetown Prep- will stay unless Prep cancels

Week 5- SFA

Week 6- @ Spalding

Week 7- Loyola

Week 8- CHC

Week 9- @ MSJ

Week 10- Gilman

So McD is probably at most looking for 1 game early in the season, which may be filled by St. Paul's. SFA is 100% confirmed to be in the A Conference in 2013, I just wish the MIAA would go ahead and officially announce the fall conference move ups/downs because they were submitted a month ago. Once I have the conference alignments, I will go ahead and start the thread for 2013 football schedules.

What I saw of McDonogh at end of the year showed me that they are a legit team. They return a whole lot!

GC will have probably their weakest team in 7-8 years but that doesn't mean that they won't be one of the top teams in the state. I think DM is the clear #1 team in the state next year. They return their whole team. GC has a lot of talent but will be very tough to replace Fuller and Dorian.

What I saw of McDonogh at end of the year showed me that they are a legit team. They return a whole lot!

GC will have probably their weakest team in 7-8 years but that doesn't mean that they won't be one of the top teams in the state. I think DM is the clear #1 team in the state next year. They return their whole team. GC has a lot of talent but will be very tough to replace Fuller and Dorian.

You talk about CHC having a weak schedule. McD has a very weak schedule in my opinion. Why dont you ride them like you do CHC? Why do you even care who CHC plays. Just play your schedule and beat the teams that you schedule, dont worry about CHC. In your eyes Gilman cannot be beaten by any MIAA schools so what is the big deal about who CHC plays?

You talk about CHC having a weak schedule. McD has a very weak schedule in my opinion. Why dont you ride them like you do CHC? Why do you even care who CHC plays. Just play your schedule and beat the teams that you schedule, dont worry about CHC. In your eyes Gilman cannot be beaten by any MIAA schools so what is the big deal about who CHC plays?

McDonogh plays an appropriate schedule for the size of their school. McD likes to play mainly similar schools, both academically and in enrollment. They had a fairly long running series with Landon and have played home-and-homes with Haverford (PA) and Woodberry Forest (VA).

Gonzaga replaced Saint Paul's on the schedule in 2010, this was a major step up in competition which keeps a very good academic school on the schedule but one with a much larger male enrollment. Saint Paul's has since gotten much better and I wouldn't be surprised if there is mutual interest in both schools in renewing this series.

Georgetown Prep seemed like a weak sister when McDonogh met them in Week 4, McD won and Prep fell to 0-4. They would go on to close the season 5-1 with wins over the top 2 teams in the IAC.

Side-by-Side, it would appear McDonogh has the stronger schedule.

McDonogh played the following schools in non-conference in 2012:

Gonzaga (DC) (8-3)

Saint Peter's Prep (NJ) (8-2)

Penn Charter (PA) (6-4)

Georgetown Prep (5-5)

Total OWP: 27-14 (.659)

4 Teams, none with a losing record

Calvert Hall played the following schools in non-conference in 2012:

Maryland Christian (5-8)

Dunbar (13-1)

DeMatha (9-3)

Saint John's (DC) (5-6)

Niagara Academy (CN) (2-6)

Total OWP: 34-24 (.586)

5 Teams, 3 with a losing record

McDonogh has a .073 edge in opponents win percentage, a major component in determining Strength of Schedule.

Let's see 2011 Wise 30 Franklin 7,2012 Wise 20 Franklin 0! Franklin better back out of the CHC game fast,The Ellis boys are not suiting up and GA is spot on about what Franklin is losing.

I don't think coach is worried about losing week 1. Since you guys have automatically declared that. Looking at roster the seem young. Will miss some key seniors. @ Rob A are you confirming that the two brothers are leaving not the ellis's

Let's see 2011 Wise 30 Franklin 7,2012 Wise 20 Franklin 0! Franklin better back out of the CHC game fast,The Ellis boys are not suiting up and GA is spot on about what Franklin is losing.

Funny this should be mentioned. I spoke to a coach just last night from another public school off the west side of the beltway that said "they had a couple transfers coming in from Franklin". Lets see how this plays out...

I don't think coach is worried about losing week 1. Since you guys have automatically declared that. Looking at roster the seem young. Will miss some key seniors. @ Rob A are you confirming that the two brothers are leaving not the ellis's

The only thing I can confirm on a public forum is the Ellis brother's Graduate,Frankiln will be fine they have two good players returning in #21 and #3