• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 escheinersold

escheinersold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

No to Morse. He is at bestSatsfactory on Defense. Rizzo admited in an interview yesterday Defense and Pitching are the keys to a pennant. This is why they wanted to sign LaRoche. So what does this say of Morse? If we are to trade a premium of Good pitchings for a Satisfactory defense what does this say of our decision making? No to Morse. I would prefer to play the trade card for premium pitching with the Angels. How much ptiching is enough? Last year the O's needed it all. How many teams are looking for pitching? Hold out and let the desperate come to us and pick off the talent we want. It seems to me or ptiching is under rated by other teams or they think we must be desperate. Patience.
Ed So Pa Fan
:P

#2 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Morse would primarily be the DH, so his defense wouldn't be much of an issue.

however, he did say that he doesn't want to be a DH. Also, DC may want a boatload of talent in return, but I'd be surprised if any team ponies up a huge package for a 1 yr rental with limited defensive talents.

Seattle seems to be his preferred destination. and they'd be happy to have him. Kevin Kennedy said the yankees are interested. he also said they have a pile of really good pitching prospects they could trade in return. this is news to me. all the comments I heard about the yankee farm system says it's as dry as the badlands.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#3 hector

hector

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Morse would primarily be the DH, so his defense wouldn't be much of an issue.

however, he did say that he doesn't want to be a DH. Also, DC may want a boatload of talent in return, but I'd be surprised if any team ponies up a huge package for a 1 yr rental with limited defensive talents.

Seattle seems to be his preferred destination. and they'd be happy to have him. Kevin Kennedy said the yankees are interested. he also said they have a pile of really good pitching prospects they could trade in return. this is news to me. all the comments I heard about the yankee farm system says it's as dry as the badlands.

Cashman told me the other day the Yankees are interested in Morse. They're getting tired of Tex and his .250BA and $25 million paycheck.

#4 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,768 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Cashman told me the other day the Yankees are interested in Morse. They're getting tired of Tex and his .250BA and $25 million paycheck.

I'm sure he didn't.
As far as them being tired of Tex, who cares?
They signed the contract, and they're stuck with the results.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#5 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

I'm sure he didn't.
As far as them being tired of Tex, who cares?
They signed the contract, and they're stuck with the results.

great stuff

#6 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,767 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Yeah and Buck told me the other day while we were having a beer that there's a deal in the works for Tex since the Yankees are tired of him :rolleyes:
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#7 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,503 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Yeah and Buck told me the other day while we were having a beer that there's a deal in the works for Tex since the Yankees are tired of him :rolleyes:

I am both Brian Cashman and Buck Showalter. and I can tell you that I never spoke with Hector and I had a Jack & coke, not a beer
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#8 hector

hector

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Next time you see Buck, tell him not to do it. Tex has never been worth the money he's been paid and now he's entering into the slack-off part of his career. I'll mention the same thing to cousin DD the next time we talk.

#9 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,503 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

I am both Brian Cashman and Buck Showalter. and I can tell you that I never spoke with Hector and I had a Jack & coke, not a beer

I'm also Yngwie Malmsteen and Daniel D. Tompkins, but that doesn't come up much around this board.

#10 hector

hector

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

Weird-O, now your multiple personality syndrome disorder is clear. In your mind, you're some combination of at least four people (Buck, Brian, the internet weird-O, and a respectable gentleman trying to survive day to day on the tough streets of Baltimore). If you'd like counseling for your condition, I'd be pleased to help. I'm a bit too high class for jack and coke but after half a dozen scotch and waters, I can cure any disorder, even yours.

If you respond better to group treatment, invite Ken as well. Although he's usually rational, he does show signs of various syndromes from time to time.

#11 hector

hector

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

I'm also Yngwie Malmsteen and Daniel D. Tompkins, but that doesn't come up much around this board.

You have my sypmathies. Multiple personality disorder certainly can cause confused and irrational thinking but I always attributed your occasional off the wall post to be making fun rather than a condition needing treatment. Let me know if I can help.

Let me begin with the O's go 84-78 in 2013 and miss the playoffs.

#12 ajc54terp

ajc54terp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

No to Morse. He is at bestSatsfactory on Defense. Rizzo admited in an interview yesterday Defense and Pitching are the keys to a pennant. This is why they wanted to sign LaRoche. So what does this say of Morse? If we are to trade a premium of Good pitchings for a Satisfactory defense what does this say of our decision making? No to Morse. I would prefer to play the trade card for premium pitching with the Angels. How much ptiching is enough? Last year the O's needed it all. How many teams are looking for pitching? Hold out and let the desperate come to us and pick off the talent we want. It seems to me or ptiching is under rated by other teams or they think we must be desperate. Patience.

Morse is not a bad 1st baseman, he's no Laroche but he was originally a SS with Seattle, his glove is pretty nice. where his defense suffers is in the outfield when he has to run down balls in the corner and his range is not good.

#13 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,768 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Morse would be an upgrade to this team, period.
The only problem is that he's not as good defensively, but the O's have people that could work with him.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#14 Oriole Dave

Oriole Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

What I'm I missing about Morse? He's 30 and he's been around since 2005 and has only played in 485 games?

#15 escheinersold

escheinersold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Morse is not a bad 1st baseman, he's no Laroche but he was originally a SS with Seattle, his glove is pretty nice. where his defense suffers is in the outfield when he has to run down balls in the corner and his range is not good.

You made my point. The Orioles from reports are expected to give up a Top of the Line Pitching for a Satisfactory Defense. He was injured last year and has an inconsistent history for power. So what is his value compared with the Natiionals expectations.
Why should the O's spend their wealth on this?
Ed So Pa Fan
:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users