Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baltiMOREOandR

Ravens must hit Brady

25 posts in this topic

The Denver game changed in the 2nd half when Manning was hit (knocked down) several times.

Pretty boy Brady hates to get hit and knocked down. He is a different QB when this occurs. Ravens must play tight man coverage and force him to hold the ball instead of those quick hike, quick passes.

The Denver game changed in the 2nd half when Manning was hit (knocked down) several times.

Pretty boy Brady hates to get hit and knocked down. He is a different QB when this occurs. Ravens must play tight man coverage and force him to hold the ball instead of those quick hike, quick passes.

Gotta execute in coverage and pass rush. It will be another challenge on Sunday...the Pats OL is great. We really need Suggs and Kruger to step up and put pressure on Brady.

Also, once Moreno went out of the game, their pass protection suffered.

I said before that the SB ran thru Mattison and the 3 man rush against big ben cost the Ravens the game.

This year, all the focus on the O line, Flacco, and Rice is misleading; Pees is the ticket to the SB. Too many plays already this post season Luck and Manning had too much time just like Cousins and Vick earlier. Pops Pees drops back on Brady and Ray's last game is in NE. Harbs better be getting the memo out to Pops II.

I said before that the SB ran thru Mattison and the 3 man rush against big ben cost the Ravens the game.

This year, all the focus on the O line, Flacco, and Rice is misleading; Pees is the ticket to the SB. Too many plays already this post season Luck and Manning had too much time just like Cousins and Vick earlier. Pops Pees drops back on Brady and Ray's last game is in NE. Harbs better be getting the memo out to Pops II.

It's tough to get to Brady when he fires out quick passes to Welker and Edelman. Thats what we need to find an answer for.

Brady is known to drop back and hold onto the ball too long...he's admitted this. Hopefully we can force him into these situations but I think the Patriots are taking Ayanbadejo's tweets to heart and they're going to try to come out and run a really fast tempo offense with short passes and quick snap runs.

The Ravens better be ready for it.

Why? The refs will just throw a flag.

That seems to be the MO for the refs - good hit by Ravens, refs flag it.

Keep Brady off the field!!! You know he'll score, so limit his opportunities. God I really loathe him. And that creepy coach. Good luck Ravens fans!!!!

We need to abandon that stupid three man rush. Brady will pick us apart otherwise.

I don't know the answer, but truly pretty boy can't stand to get hit. I recall their playoff game last year against the Broncos; Dumervill face-planted Brady at one point and for the next few plays Tom acted like the ball was on fire and he would only hold it for one second no matter who was getting open where. I'm not saying he won't pick apart a blitz, but it's worth it if he can be hit down or at least forced out of his comfort zone.

But I also agree with ms m - best thing is to keep him off the field. And LOL creepy coach - you got that right.

Yep, pressure on Brady, that's the key, he's not used to it. That's what the Giants did in the 2 Super Bowls (especially the '07 game) wins against New England. The Giants got pressure, in addition to a few sacks, they also confused the Pats OL into quite a few false starts.

Of course the Ravens D also needs to be on their best behavior too. Nothing worse than stopping Brady & Co. on 3rd down only to give them another chance because of a late hit or taunt.

Name A QB that does LIKE to be hit!! Every game, every team, what do they say? "Knock the QB around and get them off their game!" Manning, Flacco, Brady, Brees.. enough pressure and they do not do well.

Why? The refs will just throw a flag.

That seems to be the MO for the refs - good hit by Ravens, refs flag it.

For all the pass attempts Brady has had this season, how many times do you think he drew a "roughing the passer" flag? Without researching, do you know or hazard to guess?

not as many in the past....

his constant whining whenever somebody gets close to him it is the one thing that detracts from his talent....I get that Pollard hit him low and damaged his knee, however, at the time it was a legal hit...then came the 2nd Brady rule....

you have to make him uncomfortable in the pocket and harass him...

as far a Welker goes, give him the same treatment Jarret Johnson gave Hines Ward-- knock him down legally....he rarely gets more than 5 yds beyond the LOS before the ball hits him...hit him first...

not as many in the past....

his constant whining whenever somebody gets close to him it is the one thing that detracts from his talent....I get that Pollard hit him low and damaged his knee, however, at the time it was a legal hit...then came the 2nd Brady rule....

you have to make him uncomfortable in the pocket and harass him...

as far a Welker goes, give him the same treatment Jarret Johnson gave Hines Ward-- knock him down legally....he rarely gets more than 5 yds beyond the LOS before the ball hits him...hit him first...

First, where do you see Brady whine. I recall in the Texans game, after he got hit a couple times and sacked, he simply got up and ran the next play. He is quite consistent in that way. What games are you watching. Secondly, again, what you just said applies to any QB... same for Welker, or any receiver, knock them around. What is interesting, everyone knows this yet both Brady and Welker torch the league! You ain't being a rocket scientist here!

Regardless of what fans think, referees DO NOT favor any team over another.

However, in the case of Brady and Manning, they both have developed a knack for talking to refs during the entire game, obviously always attempted to get some type of advantage.

In the Ravens/Broncos game, Broncos Eric Decker rushes off the bench without a helmet and participates in an end zone celebration.

The refs called a penalty, after conferring with Manning, as shown on TV, the refs picked up the flag. At the very least the refs should have conferred with Harbaugh, not Manning.

Brady has developed the same skill set with refs, watch for it in Sunday's game.

In watching the Pats against the Texans game last week I noticed the Pats run a lot of criss crossing at the line of scrimmage. Many of them being illegal picks.

I think the Ravens corners should line up in their face and smack them in the mouth disrupting their timing with Brady. Not too mention jamming them at line of scrimmage allows a little more time for our pass rush to get to Brady.

just my take

First, where do you see Brady whine. I recall in the Texans game, after he got hit a couple times and sacked, he simply got up and ran the next play. He is quite consistent in that way. What games are you watching.
Hell, it was such common knowledge it was parodied in bang cartoons. It is comedy, but the play they are discussing with Suggs really happened (maybe not EXACTLY the same way). http://www.bangcartoon.com/2009/skirt.htm

In watching the Pats against the Texans game last week I noticed the Pats run a lot of criss crossing at the line of scrimmage. Many of them being illegal picks.

I think the Ravens corners should line up in their face and smack them in the mouth disrupting their timing with Brady. Not too mention jamming them at line of scrimmage allows a little more time for our pass rush to get to Brady.

just my take

You are not saying anything new. I am certain the Ravens' D knows to do that, get physical at the line. Of course, if they do "smack them in the mouth" that is a hands to the face penalty, by the way.

First, where do you see Brady whine. I recall in the Texans game, after he got hit a couple times and sacked, he simply got up and ran the next play. He is quite consistent in that way. What games are you watching. Secondly, again, what you just said applies to any QB... same for Welker, or any receiver, knock them around. What is interesting, everyone knows this yet both Brady and Welker torch the league! You ain't being a rocket scientist here!

did you crawl out from under a rock? I'll find the classic clip of him pounding the turf after being placed on his backside by Ngata-- LEGALLY....I'll find the film clip where Suggs gets blocked from behind, falls at Brady's feet and Brady begs for a flag and finally gets one...how would that work for you?

So you are also denying the rule implemented in 2008 after Pollard hit him had nothing to do with his injury...right....

ngata clip http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Brady-Hissy-Fit.gif

suggs clip http://www.aolnews.com/2009/10/05/tom-brady-gets-touched-terrell-suggs-gets-flagged-and-ray-lewi/

I'm guessing your a Pats troll at this point....

Sad, you had to go back to 2009 to find something?

Well we haven't played him that much. Are you saying he has reformed his whiny ways? Good for him. He has too much talent to act like a prissy punk.

did you crawl out from under a rock? I'll find the classic clip of him pounding the turf after being placed on his backside by Ngata-- LEGALLY....I'll find the film clip where Suggs gets blocked from behind, falls at Brady's feet and Brady begs for a flag and finally gets one...how would that work for you?

So you are also denying the rule implemented in 2008 after Pollard hit him had nothing to do with his injury...right....

ngata clip http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Brady-Hissy-Fit.gif

suggs clip http://www.aolnews.com/2009/10/05/tom-brady-gets-touched-terrell-suggs-gets-flagged-and-ray-lewi/

I'm guessing your a Pats troll at this point....

did you see the poll in the Suggs one ? 79% said the NFL is over protective of Brady.....amazing how he clearly cried and got the call...

Well we haven't played him that much. Are you saying he has reformed his whiny ways? Good for him. He has too much talent to act like a prissy punk.

...and if Brady was on your team, you'd LOVE him to death.

...and if Brady was on your team, you'd LOVE him to death.

not this Sunday

Flacco will torch that NE defense throwing 4TDs

and Ray rice will run wild 167 yds and 2 TDs

Ravens win !