Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skeemer

Chip Kelly (U of Oregon) to coach Eagles

7 posts in this topic

Oregon coach Chip Kelly will be the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, league sources told ESPN.

Kelly re-emerged as a candidate recently and an agreement was just reached Wednesday.

The Eagles had interviewed Kelly early in its search for a replacement for longtime coach Andy Reid, talking to the coach in Arizona after the Ducks' 35-17 Fiesta Bowl victory over Kansas State.

But sources had told ESPN after the meeting that Kelly had decided to stay at Oregon. The school never made an official announcement regarding Kelly's employment with the team, however.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8849699/chip-kelly-bolts-oregon-ducks-coach-philadelphia-eagles-sources

Sorry to see him come to the Eagles, who I cannot stand, but he'd done about all that could be done in college. The Ducks will continue to be fine.

Well...so much for the Brian Billick interview.

;)

Unfortunately (as an Eagles fan) this might mean the Eagles bring Vick back for another year. But I'm thinking they would require him to restructure his deal since it was designed for them to cut him this offseason. I'm not sure he will do that if there is interest out there for him.

Eagles are going to go through a LONG period of...losing. IMO, of course.

looks like steve spurrier part 2 ......

surprise dan synder didn't hire him .....