Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cprenegade

Weather in New England

10 posts in this topic

Early weather reports show that temps and precip will not be an issue. However, wind might be. The storm moving out is supposed to drag in 25-30 mph winds by game time. That probably doesn't affect the short passing game, but certainly could affect the downfield passing game. Personally, I don't think that affects New England that much because while Brady can throw downfield, they make their living on a quick, short passing game. But that might affect the Ravens who have been very prolific the last two weeks going deep. Thoughts?

that kind of wind will make short passes an adventure....if it is a crosswind, expect very little passing....otherwise each team will struggle for 1/2 the game...winning the coin toss will be vital since the winner can have the wind in the 4th quarter...

regardless of the direction, the team that runs the ball and stops the run the best will win.....the kicking game will be affected...neither team covered kickoffs very well last week.....punt returns could get interesting...kicking FG's will be a roll of dice if the wind is blowing across the field...

that kind of wind will make short passes an adventure....if it is a crosswind, expect very little passing....otherwise each team will struggle for 1/2 the game...winning the coin toss will be vital since the winner can have the wind in the 4th quarter...

regardless of the direction, the team that runs the ball and stops the run the best will win.....the kicking game will be affected...neither team covered kickoffs very well last week.....punt returns could get interesting...kicking FG's will be a roll of dice if the wind is blowing across the field...

I think short passes could still be effective, but obviously the further you try to throw, the more air you have to get under the ball and that could change it's direction. Kicking game would be affected big time. Running game might be key. I don't think it impacts the Pats as much as the Ravens. Patriots nickel and dime people to death, mixing the run with the short passing routes. Raven's have used downfield passing to get behind the defense in both playoff games. That has to be a big concern for New England since their defensive secondary is not as good as Denver's and that got burned. If the winds help to take that threat away, I would see that as a negative on the Raven's offense.

congrats.....

Thanks, I'm still having some apprehension on going. I'm not big on going to away games anymore as people are a bit much. While I have more gun when the Ravens win, I don't revolve my life around wins and losses as so many people do.

regardless of the direction, the team that runs the ball and stops the run the best will win

^This. All the attention goes to Brady and Flacco, but as always, and especially in the playoffs, the game is won or lost in the trenches. The great truth of football is the Vince Lombardi prescription: "You block better, you tackle better; you win."

I will be finding out first hand.

You taking the Ray head?

Have fun, represent, and bring back a win.

You taking the Ray head?

Have fun, represent, and bring back a win.

LOL nah I don't need to attract attention an it ends up getting destroyed.

I hate to hear stories about Ravens fans visiting other NFL cities and being treated poorly.

I have visited the Titans and Denver and the fans were great.

But to be honest, when visited I M & T, I did notice some Ravens fans being abusive to visiting fans. Tossing trash at visitors, cursing, wanting to fight and so forth.