Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

44Defense

Patriots vs Ravens predictionthread

52 posts in this topic

THis should be a great game but I am concerned that the Patriots are going to run the ball and control the clock. Also the wind is going to cause problems for Flacco's deep passes therefore he is going to have to play small ball throughout the game. Ray Rice will be controlled and the Ravens will struggle in the Red zone. Brady will play is usually average game versus the Ravens but the Ravens will struggle vs the run. I hope I'm wrong but I like the Patriots to win this game 23-13.

Ravens take care of business -- and 2012 Karma.

THis should be a great game but I am concerned that the Patriots are going to run the ball and control the clock. Also the wind is going to cause problems for Flacco's deep passes therefore he is going to have to play small ball throughout the game. Ray Rice will be controlled and the Ravens will struggle in the Red zone. Brady will play is usually average game versus the Ravens but the Ravens will struggle vs the run. I hope I'm wrong but I like the Patriots to win this game 23-13.

Is this some sort of good luck charm with you picking against the Ravens? If it is then keep it up it's working LOL.

Dude I really hope it brings the Ravens good luck. If Joe Flacco plays well they can win this game. I just don't like this game at all.

Dude I really hope it brings the Ravens good luck. If Joe Flacco plays well they can win this game. I just don't like this game at all.

We got something truly special going on here man, I can feel it. I understand where you are coming from but I will get you to change your mind.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I'm actually feeling pretty confident about a Ravens win.

(Posted this last week before the Denver game and I don't wanna jinx anything!)

On paper the Patriots appear to be the better team, but the game is not played on paper. It's played on guts, hunger, emotion, toughness, momentum, chemistry, and so on. Of course skill and athleticism and strategy are huge as well, but you know what they say about any given Sunday. The Texans were on a downswing last week, with the best part of their season months ago; not so the Ravens. The Ray Lewis retirement, Joe Flacco's need to get to the next level, the Patriots' deep-down belief that they're going to win - I just think all these intangibles work in the Ravens' favor. I really believe our team is going to the Super Bowl. And if they can do it in a way that thoroughly pizzes off the NE fans and team, all the better. Go Ravens!

Honestly, I think this game is a toss up. I think the key to the game is for the Ravens to start fast. Playing even into the second quarter is not good enough. In a lot of the games I've seen the Patriots play, they start slowly and then get into a groove. If you don't have a lead on them by the time they get into their groove, you are done. San Francisco had a big lead on them and almost lost the game. If you are playing tight with them when they get into that groove, you will find yourself behind trying to play catchup against a very confident team that will keep pounding it at you. They are 5-1 in championship games and 3-0 at home in those games. I think the Ravens can play them tough, but in the end I think the home field advantage and the better rested team plays into their hands. New England 34 Baltimore 31.

My heart says:

Ravens 55

Patriots 20

My head says:

Pats 24

Ravens 17

Another great game, but sadly, the wind will be a factor, and the Ravens come up short.

Patriots: 45

Ravens: 24

It'll be close for 3 quarters...Pats will pull away in 4th.

Ravens 31

Patriots 27

Sounds about right, tight game with a Ravens win.

THe Ravens should do well against the small Wr's of the Patriots. Bump a run and apply pressure with 4. I just believe Bellichick will out coach Harbaugh. The Pats will run Riddly a lot which the Colts and Broncos neglected to do. THe Pats will also try to take Ray Rice out of the game and double Smith (safety over the top). Ray Rice needs to play the game of his life (No Pierce at all) and Joe needs to play smart and not force the ball down field (Boldin could have a big day). The Vegas line worries me a lot. They are not dumb. I'm sticking with my pick Pats by 10 but I see the game being a 3 point game either way with 6 minutes left. Hopefully Harbaugh helps the team find a way.

Merril Hoge is picking the Ravens, now im questioning myself.

My first thought when I saw that was that the Ravens were doomed.

We need ol' Numbers to come make a prediction for a Patriots blowout. That would surely seal the deal for the Ravens.

Is this some sort of good luck charm with you picking against the Ravens? If it is then keep it up it's working LOL.

If Jeff Zrebiec was right in his predictions, the Ravens would have been a 4-12 team this season. I think he goes overboard to prove he is not a homer.

I love this matchup for the Ravens. The Pats love to take away your best weapon but which one? If they take away Rice they can't double cover deep on Smith, Boldin and Jones. If they take away the deep pass Ravens run and keep Brady off the field. Some have said they are worried about the Pats running game, why? If they run they are keeping the ball out of Bradys hands. It would alos be a lower scoring game which favors the Ravens not the Pats.

Ravens 27-17

The Pats have a lot of weapons on offense too, a great OL...and their defense is stingy when it comes to points allowed and forces a ton of turnovers.

I think the match-up in our favor is a somewhat finesse team in NE vs a very physical team in the Ravens. We need to beat them up on both lines and hopefully get some legal shots on Brady to start making him hear footsteps.

Boy I hope I'm wrong

Pats 31

Ravens 17. :(

I concur with this score. Tough game, but the six quarters in Denver will prove to be to much with the hurry-up offense that Tom and company bring to the table.