#1 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Is anyone really surprised?

http://www.baltimore...,0,668500.story

Orioles second baseman Brian Roberts had surgery in December to repair a sports hernia but says he is fully recovered and is already back doing baseball activities.

The 35-year-old Roberts, who underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right hip in August, had been rehabbing since September in preparation to start the 2013 season. His rehab in Sarasota, Fla., had been going well, he said, but he began feeling some discomfort and inflammation in his abdomen area.

I think this guy would crumble to a pile of dust if a butterfly landed on him.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#2 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,134 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

The 35-year-old Roberts, who underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right hip in August, had been rehabbing since September in preparation to start the 2013 season.

Doesn't anyone really think he'll be the starting 2B for the Orioles in 2013?

#3 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

For a week, maybe. Until something else breaks.

PA & DD are probably just very thankful that his contract is up at the end of the season, so they can clear that $10m off the books.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#4 rgh

rgh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

In other news that won't do the Orioles any good this year I heard Frank Robinson went for a jog today and Cal hit some balls in his personal batting cage. My prediction is they both will have about as big of an impact on this season as Roberts.

I don't mean to hate on the guy but he is done. I would love to be wrong about this but I doubt it. I don't even know why reporters consider what he does as news worthy.

It is a shame he had to endure all those terrible years and is not around when they finally turn it around. I feel bad for him and Melvin Mora who I also really liked but never played on a decent team.

#5 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

No. He'll pull a hamstring getting out of his car when he arrives at ST

#6 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,365 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

In other news that won't do the Orioles any good this year I heard Frank Robinson went for a jog today and Cal hit some balls in his personal batting cage. My prediction is they both will have about as big of an impact on this season as Roberts.

I don't mean to hate on the guy but he is done. I would love to be wrong about this but I doubt it. I don't even know why reporters consider what he does as news worthy.

It is a shame he had to endure all those terrible years and is not around when they finally turn it around. I feel bad for him and Melvin Mora who I also really liked but never played on a decent team.

I wish we had Mora on this team.

Roberts is a likable guy, but I don't even think of him as being on the team any longer. I'm sure management thinks of him as the starting 2nd baseman. if for no other reason, because PGA likes him and he's being paid a lot of money to not play. but he won't make it thru April before he goes down to his 1st injury of 2013.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#7 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Mora comes in to my work once a year and buy a whole bunch of parts for Caterpillar machines and then sends them to Venezuela. We call this exporting

#8 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,365 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Mora comes in to my work once a year and buy a whole bunch of parts for Caterpillar machines and then sends them to Venezuela. We call this exporting

That guy loved being a Baltimore Oriole
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#9 rgh

rgh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

That guy loved being a Baltimore Oriole

One of the most telling signs that the Oriole way was gone was when Elrod Hendricks died and Mora was the only guy on the team that went to his funeral. Had this happened in the 70s or 80s the whole team would have been there. Even in the 90s a lot of them would have came. That stood out to me and made him my favorite player for the rest of his time there. A true class act.

#10 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,933 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Nope.

#11 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Hope she gets well soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users