Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

codefool

I'm confident how about you?

23 posts in this topic

I'm confident how about the rest of you. Here's why.

First the Ravens just did what everyone deemed impossible. I believe everyone and thier mother was heaping praise on the Broncos as the best team left in the AFC playoffs. Manning has always been sort of a monkey on the Raven's back, beating our corners (CMAC) horendously. But they ended up winning in spectacular fashion in a game Ravens fans will soon not forget. My only regret with this game is that my son is 2 years old so he can only live the game through replays and memories.

Ravens beat the Pats in week two. For all of the gaps in the defense, Joe Flacco and the offense always seemed to answer in that game drive for drive. I believe the defense improved vastly since then and over the post season.

Suggs miraclous comeback mid season. Everyone thought he was done and coming back was a pipe dream. I remember him coming back in the Houston game and being quite effective. Only has improved since then.

Corey Ghram who ever know that he would have been a factor but has been very solid.

Jacoby Jones emergance from returner to being a very effective weapon. Also I believe he is due for a TD return in the post season.

Anquan Boldin is having a very good post season and is becoming reliable for a clutch catch to move the chains. In this post season he's becoming as reliable catching the ball as Derrick Mason was in days past.

Torrey Smith looks to be a match up problem with New Englands secondary and could possibly burn them a few times.

Don't over look Denis Pitta either.

New England may still be shell shoked about Ray Rices 70 yard TD run from two years ago.

Don't forget the Ray Lewis factor who I believe can will this defense to win in the waining minutes of the game. He makes you believe god himself is on the field and why the way that the Broncos blew thier coverage against Jones why not.

And lastly Ed Reed could see this as his last legitmate chance at a superbowl, so he could be a good wildcard and come up with a key pick or two.

I'm confident how about the rest of you. Here's why.

First the Ravens just did what everyone deemed impossible. I believe everyone and thier mother was heaping praise on the Broncos as the best team left in the AFC playoffs. Manning has always been sort of a monkey on the Raven's back, beating our corners (CMAC) horendously. But they ended up winning in spectacular fashion in a game Ravens fans will soon not forget. My only regret with this game is that my son is 2 years old so he can only live the game through replays and memories.

Ravens beat the Pats in week two. For all of the gaps in the defense, Joe Flacco and the offense always seemed to answer in that game drive for drive. I believe the defense improved vastly since then and over the post season.

Suggs miraclous comeback mid season. Everyone thought he was done and coming back was a pipe dream. I remember him coming back in the Houston game and being quite effective. Only has improved since then.

Corey Ghram who ever know that he would have been a factor but has been very solid.

Jacoby Jones emergance from returner to being a very effective weapon. Also I believe he is due for a TD return in the post season.

Anquan Boldin is having a very good post season and is becoming reliable for a clutch catch to move the chains. In this post season he's becoming as reliable catching the ball as Derrick Mason was in days past.

Torrey Smith looks to be a match up problem with New Englands secondary and could possibly burn them a few times.

Don't over look Denis Pitta either.

New England may still be shell shoked about Ray Rices 70 yard TD run from two years ago.

Don't forget the Ray Lewis factor who I believe can will this defense to win in the waining minutes of the game. He makes you believe god himself is on the field and why the way that the Broncos blew thier coverage against Jones why not.

And lastly Ed Reed could see this as his last legitmate chance at a superbowl, so he could be a good wildcard and come up with a key pick or two.

I could no more say I am confident the Ravens will win this game than I could to say New England will win it. This is a game that will be decided on how it plays out, and nobody can honestly predict it. The Patriots will not be shell shocked by what happened several years ago. The Ravens gave up 30 points earlier in the season to New England at home, and that was with Webb playing in the game. The game will come down to several situations that will present themselves during the the game. Who handles those situations better will likely be the winner.

Not so confident as much as I think this year could just be our year. Ray's last season, we fired Cam, Joe playing with a ton of confidence, etc.

It's gonna be a close game, I just think we pull this one out based on he law of averages, if nothing more.

I want to agree with you - my heart wants to agree with you.

But Ii don't think our defense is up to this. We can't rely on them the way we have in the past, unfortunately. They are OK - but against Brady and that offense? I don't know.

Our offense is going to have to bring the firepower in a big way - and the Pats defense is better than when these teams met last year in the title game and earlier this year.

Lets get another big game from Joe and the offense because if we don't, we will lose.

As long as Joe keeps us in the game, matching Brady score for score just like last week, we have a chance of winning. GO RAVENS!

The Ravens had a great game last week mostly relying on long bombs and things going their way. I can't see it this week. I think last week was their game and this week they as a team and as individuals will revert to form. How could they possibly have two great games in a row? Are they really that kind of a team?

Cautiously optimistic, not confident. 2nd half Patriots scare me and Brady never takes his foot off the gas, or pulls a "Manning"

not as confident as last week .......

brady is in a different league than peyton gump when it comes to the playoffs ......

I am more confident now than I was before the Broncos game. The Ravens can compete with any team at this level.

Ravens win by 7 points......Harbaughbowl here we come!

I'm already planning my SB party and I never bet against Brady

Me too!

I'm nervous. Luck always seems to be on Brady and Belicheck's side in AFC Championship games. From the Tuck Rule on down to Lee Evans drop and Cundiff's missed FG....the football Gods always seem to side with the New Englanders

I'm nervous. Luck always seems to be on Brady and Belicheck's side in AFC Championship games. From the Tuck Rule on down to Lee Evans drop and Cundiff's missed FG....the football Gods always seem to side with the New Englanders

Pats have a very good team but so do the Ravens. With the return of the injured players, Caldwell running the offense, and most of the key players stepping up, I am have some confidence going into the game tomorrow.

not as confident as last week .......

brady is in a different league than peyton gump when it comes to the playoffs ......

You're right but the Ravens had lost 9 straight to Manning including the playoffs, just enjoy the ride.

I am more confident now than I was before the Broncos game. The Ravens can compete with any team at this level.

Ravens win by 7 points......Harbaughbowl here we come!

First time I've replied to or quoted myself but...ahem!...guess I know more than Boomer or the rest of the CBS panel. BTW....Boomer is a ****! Yeah, I know I was wrong on the "by 7 points" but most had us losing this game. Did I already say Boomer is a ****? At the close of the show he gave cudos to SF but not the Ravens.

Go Ravens!!!!

Since we are now heading to the SB

IMO the Ravens, if nothing else, have an attitude advantage. Ravens have the "now or never" mentality right now. They feel like there is no tomorrow. Lots of vets on the team that may never get back to the SB so the MUST win NOW. SF is generally a young team. They could get caught up in all the on goings of the SB and get sucked into all the hoopla and lose focus.

of course this is just purple glasses speculation. But I don't see the Ravens losing this game.

I'm already planning my SB party and I never bet against Brady

The party is on and poppin'. Good thing I got a jump on it last week

The party is on and poppin'. Good thing I got a jump on it last week

Good call Ken. Thinking about a shin dig myself. This is freakin' awesome!

Good call Ken. Thinking about a shin dig myself. This is freakin' awesome!

Yeah I guess I'm wearing my purple blinders too, but I think SF is about to get a reality check :)

Not so confident as much as I think this year could just be our year. Ray's last season, we fired Cam, Joe playing with a ton of confidence, etc.

It's gonna be a close game, I just think we pull this one out based on he law of averages, if nothing more.

Ravens won't fall apart in the second half like Atlanta did, and won't be oin awe of the big stage.....

Ravens will win what should be their second Lombardi in a row (if not for Evans drop/Cundiff miss)...