• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 afan

afan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

This was ridiculous. Twice we saw the clock not running at some strange times. This being said the calls winning by 15 with 8 minutes left were atrocious.

#2 DColeman

DColeman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,778 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Yea, they tried that timeclock **** trickery again this year. They need to Kick Belledick out of the league.
Baltimore Home of the RAVENS!!
Pittsburgh, Home of the asterisk*. * * * * * *
:D
*tnx Blue ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 SNAFU

SNAFU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,245 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

I thought the official time is kept by a ref on the field. If it's not right, he then instructs the scoreboard operator to correct it. So, if it wasn't corrected, that time was correct as per the ref on the field. Still, I don't think enough seconds ran off.
I don't have an 'ignore' list. I don't need no stinkin' list to remind me who I've ignored! I ignore the old-fashioned way.

#4 Bassman

Bassman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

This was ridiculous. Twice we saw the clock not running at some strange times. This being said the calls winning by 15 with 8 minutes left were atrocious.

So you were comfortable with a 15 point lead in Foxboro against Brady and thought it best to go three and out to run 2:00 off the clock? Hindsight is easy, and one of the reasons we won this game was because of Harbaugh's refusal to play conservatively as we've done in the past. He went for the jugular, but it didn't work out on that series.

#5 NCBirdfan

NCBirdfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,363 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

So you were comfortable with a 15 point lead in Foxboro against Brady and thought it best to go three and out to run 2:00 off the clock? Hindsight is easy, and one of the reasons we won this game was because of Harbaugh's refusal to play conservatively as we've done in the past. He went for the jugular, but it didn't work out on that series.

Up by 15, I agree with afan, it was time to run the clock. That didn't mean necessarily the Ravens had to play completely conservative and run on every down. But they could have worked the clock better. And BTW, on the 3-and-out, the Ravens ran off a whopping 53 seconds, not two minutes as you indicated.

As it turned out, it didn't matter; but it could have. Harbaugh/Caldwell coached a good offensive game overall, and you are right that being aggressive contributed to the victory; but there were some calls that should have been more conservative with a 15-point lead and only the clock standing in your path to a win.
-----------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 afan

afan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

I noticed the next time they got the ball they ran behind LT. I wonder if maybe Big Mc is out of Harbs doghouse?lol. I think 99% of the fans had to be screaming at the TV at this point. If you looked at Harbs face you could see he was wondering WHAT? Let's run and make this clock our friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users