Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weird-O

Mt Rushmore

10 posts in this topic

I was listening to people talk about Earl and Stan Musial all weekend. Someone mentioned that Stan Musial would definitely be on the Cardinals Mt Rushmore. SO I started thinming about who would be the 4 people on the O's Mt Rushmore.

I think Earl and Cal Sr. are worthy considerations because they created the Oriole way. Brooks is Mr. Oriole, so that seems like an easy choice. But I'm not sure who I would pick for the final spot. Palmer or Cal Jr seem like the most logical choice since they were both career Orioles. Winningest pitcher vs. the streak.

I was listening to people talk about Earl and Stan Musial all weekend. Someone mentioned that Stan Musial would definitely be on the Cardinals Mt Rushmore. SO I started thinming about who would be the 4 people on the O's Mt Rushmore.

I think Earl and Cal Sr. are worthy considerations because they created the Oriole way. Brooks is Mr. Oriole, so that seems like an easy choice. But I'm not sure who I would pick for the final spot. Palmer or Cal Jr seem like the most logical choice since they were both career Orioles. Winningest pitcher vs. the streak.

IMHO everything Cal Sr. did for the O's Cal Jr. carried on, and had an unbelievable career on top of.

Earl, Brooks, Palmer, and Cal Jr. seems perfect at least in my humble opinion. :)

Earl, cal Jr., Brooks, Palmer. All life long O's

Including Earl is like adding Ben Franklin or Alexander Hamilton to Rushmore. I love the guy but he did not play. Frank, Brooks, Jim and Jr. And Frank was, is, and will likely always be the best player to ever play in Baltimore. Sadly, Eddie would be in the discussion if he did not get traded away.

Including Earl is like adding Ben Franklin or Alexander Hamilton to Rushmore. I love the guy but he did not play. Frank, Brooks, Jim and Jr. And Frank was, is, and will likely always be the best player to ever play in Baltimore. Sadly, Eddie would be in the discussion if he did not get traded away.

I disagree

Eddie was OUR best player. Frank was a better player overall BUT he had some of his best years in Cincinnati.

Also not sure what the Eddie being traded away means since

Frank played only 6 years here...10 in Cincy.....and was also traded away

Eddie played 12 years here

As for MT ORIOLEMORE

if it's players only

Brooks

Cal

Eddie and Jim

otherwise Earl and Chuck Thompson get on mine

Frank took the O's from solid to great and even though he played mostly in Cincinnati, he is undoubtably what made the O's great in the 60's and early 70's.

Frank, Brooks, Cal, Earl, Palmer...same as the statutes

Frank took the O's from solid to great and even though he played mostly in Cincinnati, he is undoubtably what made the O's great in the 60's and early 70's.

Frank, Brooks, Cal, Earl, Palmer...same as the statutes

Eddie?

Orioles Mount Rushmore:

Ron WASHINGTON

Jesse JEFFERSON

Art LINCOLN Quirk

ROOSEVELT Evans (pitched in the Orioles' org 1954-1958, but didn't make the majors)

Serious Orioles Mount Rushmore

Frank Robinson

Brooks Robinson

Jim Palmer

Cal Ripken, Jr.