Mt Rushmore

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,861 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

I was listening to people talk about Earl and Stan Musial all weekend. Someone mentioned that Stan Musial would definitely be on the Cardinals Mt Rushmore. SO I started thinming about who would be the 4 people on the O's Mt Rushmore.

I think Earl and Cal Sr. are worthy considerations because they created the Oriole way. Brooks is Mr. Oriole, so that seems like an easy choice. But I'm not sure who I would pick for the final spot. Palmer or Cal Jr seem like the most logical choice since they were both career Orioles. Winningest pitcher vs. the streak.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#2 BankyConan1

BankyConan1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

I was listening to people talk about Earl and Stan Musial all weekend. Someone mentioned that Stan Musial would definitely be on the Cardinals Mt Rushmore. SO I started thinming about who would be the 4 people on the O's Mt Rushmore.

I think Earl and Cal Sr. are worthy considerations because they created the Oriole way. Brooks is Mr. Oriole, so that seems like an easy choice. But I'm not sure who I would pick for the final spot. Palmer or Cal Jr seem like the most logical choice since they were both career Orioles. Winningest pitcher vs. the streak.

IMHO everything Cal Sr. did for the O's Cal Jr. carried on, and had an unbelievable career on top of.

Earl, Brooks, Palmer, and Cal Jr. seems perfect at least in my humble opinion. :)

#3 Morgan208

Morgan208

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Earl, cal Jr., Brooks, Palmer. All life long O's

#4 weenie

weenie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Including Earl is like adding Ben Franklin or Alexander Hamilton to Rushmore. I love the guy but he did not play. Frank, Brooks, Jim and Jr. And Frank was, is, and will likely always be the best player to ever play in Baltimore. Sadly, Eddie would be in the discussion if he did not get traded away.

#5 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Including Earl is like adding Ben Franklin or Alexander Hamilton to Rushmore. I love the guy but he did not play. Frank, Brooks, Jim and Jr. And Frank was, is, and will likely always be the best player to ever play in Baltimore. Sadly, Eddie would be in the discussion if he did not get traded away.

I disagree

Eddie was OUR best player. Frank was a better player overall BUT he had some of his best years in Cincinnati.

Also not sure what the Eddie being traded away means since
Frank played only 6 years here...10 in Cincy.....and was also traded away

Eddie played 12 years here

As for MT ORIOLEMORE
if it's players only
Brooks
Cal
Eddie and Jim

otherwise Earl and Chuck Thompson get on mine

#6 kudzu

kudzu

Significant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,231 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Earl, cal Jr., Brooks, Palmer. All life long O's

This.

#7 SNAFU

SNAFU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

IMO. Frank's incredible year in 1966 is what turned the O's around for good. Frank has got to be the 4th.
I don't have an 'ignore' list. I don't need no stinkin' list to remind me who I've ignored! I ignore the old-fashioned way.

#8 RIKMAN

RIKMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,927 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Frank took the O's from solid to great and even though he played mostly in Cincinnati, he is undoubtably what made the O's great in the 60's and early 70's.

Frank, Brooks, Cal, Earl, Palmer...same as the statutes
Baltimore Sports fan since 1965!:cool:

Confusing the delusional with fact since 2005!

#9 reg_indy

reg_indy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Frank took the O's from solid to great and even though he played mostly in Cincinnati, he is undoubtably what made the O's great in the 60's and early 70's.

Frank, Brooks, Cal, Earl, Palmer...same as the statutes

Eddie?
Terrell Suggs is doing all that he can fan the flames on the Ravens’ feud with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Underneath his uniform, the linebacker/defensive end has been wearing a black t-shirt with the letters “YBYSA” on the front and the saying, “You Bet Your Sweet *** I Hate the Steelers” on the back.

"I saw it in a store, and I was like, 'Oh, that’s nice for camp. Get our minds right,'" Suggs said

#10 O for the Seventies

O for the Seventies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Orioles Mount Rushmore:

Ron WASHINGTON
Jesse JEFFERSON
Art LINCOLN Quirk
ROOSEVELT Evans (pitched in the Orioles' org 1954-1958, but didn't make the majors)

Serious Orioles Mount Rushmore

Frank Robinson
Brooks Robinson
Jim Palmer
Cal Ripken, Jr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users