• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Raven Mike

Raven Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

I've always liked Adam Jones the ball player. Though ive never met him, I'm really starting to like the kind of person that he seems to be.

I love the way that he has jumped on the Ravens bandwagon, showing tons of civic pride. Then a few days ago on twitter, he talked about how much he liked living in Baltimore. Then, just a few minutes ago, I noticed that his twitter profile pic is of Earl Weaver, honoring Earl's legacy. Just seems to be a real classy dude.

Here's to hoping that he has a long, successful career in Baltimore. And I really hope he retires an Oriole.
Sayonara, not to be confused with cyanide, which is, of course, goodbye in any language!

#2 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,026 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

He is becoming fully invested in Baltimore and Maryland.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#3 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Him and Buck. Adam's been calling Baltimore his home for awhile. Buck the other day at fan fest was talking about the Raven's. He said, "We(the ravens) have 3 picks in the top 100." And he was talking about how it hurts a team to trade away any draft picks in the top 100 of any draft. But he was talking like he was one of the coaches for the Ravens. Im glad to see the strong connection

#4 weenie

weenie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Adam is the antithesis of Bedard, and both he and Tillman are cornerstones of a very bright future! Adam will hit over .300 with 30+ dingers in 2013 while Chris will chalk up 17+ wins as he establishes himself as the #1 righty on the '13 staff. That trade is already the second best in O's history and I fully expect it to supplant the Pappas/Robinson deal within the next 24 months.

Adam Jones gets it and I hope he rubs off on Wieters.

#5 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

AJ

Seems to really like it here....

Great for the community and great for the Orioles

#6 Morgan208

Morgan208

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Now if he could only get a meaningful hit in the play offs. Not that we have to worry about that this coming season.

#7 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Him and Buck. Adam's been calling Baltimore his home for awhile. Buck the other day at fan fest was talking about the Raven's. He said, "We(the ravens) have 3 picks in the top 100." And he was talking about how it hurts a team to trade away any draft picks in the top 100 of any draft. But he was talking like he was one of the coaches for the Ravens. Im glad to see the strong connection

In theory, barring trades, doesn't EVERY NFL team have three picks in the top 100? Actually, the top 96.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#8 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,026 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Adam is the antithesis of Bedard...That trade is already the second best in O's history and I fully expect it to supplant the Pappas/Robinson deal within the next 24 months.

that's a bold statemen. not impossible, but it's a tall order because Frank is part of the golden age legend. that's hard to surpass.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#9 reg_indy

reg_indy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Adam is the antithesis of Bedard, and both he and Tillman are cornerstones of a very bright future! Adam will hit over .300 with 30+ dingers in 2013 while Chris will chalk up 17+ wins as he establishes himself as the #1 righty on the '13 staff. That trade is already the second best in O's history and I fully expect it to supplant the Pappas/Robinson deal within the next 24 months.

Adam Jones gets it and I hope he rubs off on Wieters.

Wieters has already stated a 'desire' for a long term deal here.
Terrell Suggs is doing all that he can fan the flames on the Ravens’ feud with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Underneath his uniform, the linebacker/defensive end has been wearing a black t-shirt with the letters “YBYSA” on the front and the saying, “You Bet Your Sweet *** I Hate the Steelers” on the back.

"I saw it in a store, and I was like, 'Oh, that’s nice for camp. Get our minds right,'" Suggs said

#10 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

In theory, barring trades, doesn't EVERY NFL team have three picks in the top 100? Actually, the top 96.

Not the redskins. LOL But yea, i was more refering to how Buck see's him self as a Baltimore man.

#11 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,669 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

He's been my favorite player on the team since I got his autograph as a rookie. Excited to see how his career unfolds.
The kids are alright.

#12 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

He's been my favorite player on the team since I got his autograph as a rookie. Excited to see how his career unfolds.

What are you - like 12 years old? Still collecting autographs? Good grief!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users