Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woodbuchr

Eastern Outdoor and Sports Show postponed!!

9 posts in this topic

The voices were heard! If you check the other thread about this you will see info about a boycott of this event. The event has been "postponed".

http://www.easternsportshow.com/

This is part of the promoter's statement:

It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.

This, to me, sounds like they are blaming the boycotters instead of themselves for the situation. Their action did not affect "a small percentage", it affected every person who believes in the 2nd Amendment.

The voices were heard! If you check the other thread about this you will see info about a boycott of this event. The event has been "postponed".

http://www.easternsportshow.com/

This is part of the promoter's statement:

This, to me, sounds like they are blaming the boycotters instead of themselves for the situation. Their action did not affect "a small percentage", it affected every person who believes in the 2nd Amendment.

They brought this on themselves. If they would have let the show go as planned, not a damn thing would have been said.

The word is that the promoter, Reed Exhibitions, will be refunding all fees paid to date. That is good news for the smaller outfitters and vendors who supported this action but would have been financially hurt for showing their support. Hopefully Reed follows through and refunds.

They brought this on themselves. If they would have let the show go as planned, not a damn thing would have been said.

Exactly!

wow, this is a big deal ....

haven't been in about 15 years but this used to be a huge show .......

I hooked up with a canadian outfitter there years ago before the internet for my fishing trips to canada ......

I still is/was a huge show. If I am not mistaken the biggest on the east coast. The sad part is that they have had the exact guns and magazines that they banned this year there in past years with no incidents. Had they just not caved to the PC crowd, whether they did it on their own or were coerced or asked to, the show would have surely been a success again with no issues.

when did they start putting ads within your post on here? .......

is it just my pc? or do others see ads for fishing and trips to canada? .....

when did they start putting ads within your post on here? .......

is it just my pc? or do others see ads for fishing and trips to canada? .....

Wow. Cabelas.