7 replies to this topic

#1 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

http://espn.go.com/m...na-diamondbacks

The Atlanta Braves have acquired outfielder Justin Upton and third baseman Chris Johnson from the Arizona Diamondbacks for pitcher Randall Delgado, infielder Martin Prado and minor leaguers Nick Ahmed, Brandon Drury and Zeke Spruill.

The deal unites Upton with his older brother, B.J. Upton, who signed as a free agent with Atlanta this winter. After signing, B.J. Upton said he wanted to play with this brother in the same outfield.

The Upton brothers and right fielder Jason Heyward gives the Braves one of baseball's best outfields. Heyward won his first Gold Glove in 2012, when he hit .269 with 27 homers and 82 RBIs.

"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#2 ajc54terp

ajc54terp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Good prado always killed us, and there chemistry is going to poop..;)

#3 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,071 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

As a Braves fan great move. They also picked up a 3rd baseman 5 years younger than Prado.
McCann is around so chemistry will be OK.

Up Up and a Hey! (Upton, Upton and Hayward) No triples in that outfield and a lot of singles.

#4 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

As a Braves fan great move. They also picked up a 3rd baseman 5 years younger than Prado.

Up Up and a Hey! (Upton, Upton and Hayward) No triples in that outfield and a lot of singles.

question John,

Upton is coming off a little bit of a down year. IMO, he's yet to live up to all the media hype....

Wondering if you thought the Braves gave up top much ? or just enough ?
Delgado hasn't done much yet. Prados a good player. So for me it comes down to those minor leaguers who I don't know much about.

What's your take ?

#5 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,071 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

question John,

Upton is coming off a little bit of a down year. IMO, he's yet to live up to all the media hype....

Wondering if you thought the Braves gave up top much ? or just enough ?
Delgado hasn't done much yet. Prados a good player. So for me it comes down to those minor leaguers who I don't know much about.

What's your take ?

I follow the Braves pretty closely and 2 of the prospects I do not know. Prado is a good clubhouse guy but Johnson is younger. I like the deal a lot.

#6 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,768 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Would there be an opp for a flip with the Diamondbacks? Prado would be a good fit for the O's.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#7 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,071 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Prado only has a year left on his deal. Doubt the O's would do it.

#8 ajc54terp

ajc54terp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

You could say the same about the nats outfield, this puts more pop in your OF but also more K's...it's going to be an interesting season in the East.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users