Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LarryN

Why ESPN is the worst....

14 posts in this topic

Might as well be "could Tyrod Taylor lead the Ravens to the Super Bowl"? Although to be fair, Tyrod played most of the game against Cincy unlike Tebow the entire season.

google 'double facepalm' images

And their only other topics that day(or any other day) were Kobe and the struggling Lakers, LeBron, and Te'o, correct?

Supposedly, the ratings are better than the old 'First Take'. No idea why. Same old topics with the same unlikeable cast every day. I wish John Stewart would be a guest, and 'debate' and ridicule them similar to when he was on 'Crossfire'. CNN cancelled that garbage shortly afterward.

To think that ESPN2 has 4 1/2 hours devoted to those two t**ds. I do recall ESPN having some quality with just one network.

The more you have.....the less you have.

I try not to watch TV except for the actual games. Most cable TV networks (certainly not just limited to sports) have trouble coming up with worthwhile content to fill 24/7, but they have to have something to fill the time between commercials, which of course is why they exist. They'd probably be better off showing more actual games, even repeats.

That said, I don't think the premise in the OP's screen capture is that bad. Tebow does seem like he would be suited to spread-option offense. I think that style is a passing fad in the NFL because of how it exposes the QB to injuries a la RGIII, but Tebow is quite burly and his skills would seem to be a fit. If a team was willing to go that way. Which doesn't seem likely.

ESPN has been garbage in thier news coverage for quite some time. They are nothing but Patriot and Peyton Manning worship and to constantly do anything possible to denegrate Tim Tebow, RGIII or anyone that has the audacity to share thier faith openly.

And its not just NFL where thier coverage blows. Thier NASCAR coverage blows too, all ESPN's coverage boils down to Dale JR and Pals. And now thier obession over Danaca even when she consistantly comes in 30th.

Skip Clueless is the worse. You would think he would be tired of constantly being wrong. Wilbon a close second. Did any sportcaster have any comment about Serena Williams acting like an out of control jackass when she was losing? Has she EVER lost a match where she did not try to blame it on injuries? Loved seeing that classy young lady beat her a..!

with the advent of individual networks for MLB, NFL, Golf, etc, ESPN is lost. the one sport I obsess on is baseball. there is no one on ESPN that would make me turn off MLB network. ESPN only recognizes 2 of the 30 baseball teams.

the only time I consciously turn on ESPN is monday night to watch fat, old Chris Berman gasping for air whenever he tries to say more than 2 sentences in a row. "He could go.....deep breath.....all....deep breath......the....deep breath....way" *puts on oxygen mask*

with the advent of individual networks for MLB, NFL, Golf, etc, ESPN is lost. the one sport I obsess on is baseball. there is no one on ESPN that would make me turn off MLB network. ESPN only recognizes 2 of the 30 baseball teams.

the only time I consciously turn on ESPN is monday night to watch fat, old Chris Berman gasping for air whenever he tries to say more than 2 sentences in a row. "He could go.....deep breath.....all....deep breath......the....deep breath....way" *puts on oxygen mask*

:D

I am guilty of watching Berman as well but mainly MLB & NFL channels for "objective" coverage.

:D

I am guilty of watching Berman as well but mainly MLB & NFL channels for "objective" coverage.

it's like he's on the verge of passing out at the end of each thing he says. I'm pretty sure he'll pass out on day, and they'll have to revive him at the desk.