Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

Did Bellichick Tell Ed Reed to "Finish It?"

13 posts in this topic

I was watching one of the NFL Network programs analyzing the AFC championship game (so many I forget which one) yesterday and I saw a clip where Bellichick came over to Ed Reed, quickly shook his hand (after the game) and I believe said, "finish it." If so, I believe he meant take the superbowl. Did anyone else see this clip and/or hear this? If so, as much as I think Bellichick an arrogant SOB, this was pretty cool. :)

Yes he said it, I've long felt the architect of Spygate was one of the most loathsome figures in professional sports. But yes, that was pretty cool of Belichick to say that to Reed right after a painful loss.

Yes he said it, I've long felt the architect of Spygate was one of the most loathsome figures in professional sports. But yes, that was pretty cool of Belichick to say that to Reed right after a painful loss.

Coming from him that is something!:eek: Funny, but none of the commentators picked up on it or said anything about what he said which I find a bit unusual, especially since the old grouch is such a man of few words!:D BTW, has anyone ever seen him smile?:confused:

Whenever the Ravens & Patriots meet in the playoffs, the coaches always tell the other team to go win it all after the game. There was a clip from the '09 playoff pre-game where I think Harbaugh and Belichick basically said "if it's not us, I hope it's you". And Belichick respects Ed's accomplishments. That said, the guy is still a royal jerk. :)

I read recently that both Brady and "Smiley" Bellichick had a great deal of respect for Reed. If Reed doesn't stay in Baltimore I wouldn't be suprised to see him playing for the Pats (just threw up in my mouth a little there).

I read recently that both Brady and "Smiley" Bellichick had a great deal of respect for Reed. If Reed doesn't stay in Baltimore I wouldn't be suprised to see him playing for the Pats (just threw up in my mouth a little there).

I agree with you. He would be chomping at the bit to land Reed for another superbowl run.

I'm throwing up a bit too at that thought. I know it's irrational, but part of me hopes the Ravens re-sign Reed just to prevent him becoming a Patriot.

I was watching one of the NFL Network programs analyzing the AFC championship game (so many I forget which one) yesterday and I saw a clip where Bellichick came over to Ed Reed, quickly shook his hand (after the game) and I believe said, "finish it." If so, I believe he meant take the superbowl. Did anyone else see this clip and/or hear this? If so, as much as I think Bellichick an arrogant SOB, this was pretty cool. :)

I saw it and yes he said it. And I'm sure that's what he meant.

yes he did say it! (even ****'s can say something cool every now and then but he only said it because he wants Ed next year.

fyi...it's "CHAMPING at the bit". (although most mispronounce it and it has become accepted now.)

It's a horse racing thing...and this is a horse racing state!!

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/champ-at-the-bit.html

Horses still champ/chomp at the bit of course and that literal usage is still commonplace amongst horsy folk. The figurative usage, which refers to someone who is impatient, but human rather than equine, began in the mid 19th century. An early example of that metaphorical usage was printed in the Ohio newspaper the Newark Daily Advocate, 1885:

:eek::D