• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,760 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

I'm kinda surprised to see him on here. I know he has talent, but outside of the sure fire guys, the O's haven't really been on the radar that much.

He has the tools, hopefully things work out his way - maybe Bucky ball will help.

http://mlb.mlb.com/n...ws_mlb&c_id=mlb
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#2 jabba2

jabba2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Buck prefers strong defense at 2B. So if his glove is ready, watch out. But I havent realy heard any scouting reports there.

#3 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,481 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

I like what they're saying about him in that scouting report.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#4 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,760 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

I like what they're saying about him in that scouting report.

Definitely exciting. If they can develop a guy like Delmonico, and bring up Schoop to play them both around Machado, and Davis fully develops, that looks like one heck of a future infield. I don't know if Delmonico could develop fast enough to play with Davis and the rest of the guys that are up right now (with the exception of Machado).
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#5 weenie

weenie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Schoop was brought in as a SS but got moved due to Manny. He hit well at Delmarva and Frederick too with some pop.

If they are committed to building from within, second base is his to lose and he could be with the big club by mid-summer '13.

#6 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,481 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

Schoop was brought in as a SS but got moved due to Manny. He hit well at Delmarva and Frederick too with some pop.

If they are committed to building from within, second base is his to lose and he could be with the big club by mid-summer '13.

I was thinking the same thing, although I didn't have a projected time for him to move up to the O's. last year, DD didn't make any moves to strengthen 3B, even though Reynolds was lost at the position. shortly after that, Manny comes up and the 3B problem is solved.

I figured Schoop was reason why DD didn't bring in a long term replacement at 2B. there's also the fact that Keppinger was the only real FA option worth considering.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#7 jabba2

jabba2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

By the time Schoop is ready to be called up, Flaherty may have improved his game enough to be starting at 2B. Most question his defense and his plate discipline, but Flaherty has light tower power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users