Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

Has anyone ever seen Brian Roberts & Carl Pavano in the same room?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Pavano fell in the snow and had to have his spleen removed.

http://espn.go.com/m...ious-agent-says
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#2 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

This guy can't catch a break.

#3 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

I never met anyone is real life who had a weird injury like this. Baseball players are something else. I think the story of Glenallen Hill having a nightmare about spiders and then cutting his legs up on a glass table during his semiconscious freakout is the best.

#4 Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

I never met anyone is real life who had a weird injury like this. Baseball players are something else. I think the story of Glenallen Hill having a nightmare about spiders and then cutting his legs up on a glass table during his semiconscious freakout is the best.

Maybe, but Marty Cordova over tanning himself and my personal favorite, Jason Johnson breaking his finger while simulating his pitching motion have to be right up there!:D

#5 O for the Seventies

O for the Seventies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

The title to this topic is amusing. What is beginning to drive me absolutely NUTS is the way that otherwise sensible people spend so much time projecting a return for Brian Roberts (...even Buck Showalter!)

GET IT INTO YOUR THICK SKULLS!! HE IS FINISHED!! HE IS 35!! HIS LAST GOOD YEAR WAS 2009!! HIS BODY BREAKS DOWN EVERY TIME HE GETS OUT OF BED!! THE FEW TIMES HE'S PLAYED IN THE PAST THREE YEARS HE HAS BEEN UNPRODUCTIVE!! THE ORIOLES 2013 SECOND BASEMAN IS A.CASILLA OR R.FLAHERTY!! IT DRIVES ME KUH-RAZY WHEN I HEAR GUYS LIKE TOM DAVIS OR RICK DEMPSEY TALKING ABOUT HIS COMEBACK!!

I'm a huge Brian Roberts fan. No Oriole in the 2000's decade is more worthy of admiration and he is a future Orioles Hall of Famer. He was a terrific Oriole over-achiever in the tradition of guys like Al Bumbry or Rick Dempsey or Brady Anderson. He's had his day. Please, just let him walk gracefully into the sunset.

#6 Omaha Beach

Omaha Beach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

Roberts has been paid tens of millions for the last two years for doing absolutely nothing for the Os. What a Country huh? Time to retire or collect money from another team for doing nothing.

#7 Gizmo

Gizmo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

The title to this topic is amusing. What is beginning to drive me absolutely NUTS is the way that otherwise sensible people spend so much time projecting a return for Brian Roberts (...even Buck Showalter!)

GET IT INTO YOUR THICK SKULLS!! HE IS FINISHED!! HE IS 35!! HIS LAST GOOD YEAR WAS 2009!! HIS BODY BREAKS DOWN EVERY TIME HE GETS OUT OF BED!! THE FEW TIMES HE'S PLAYED IN THE PAST THREE YEARS HE HAS BEEN UNPRODUCTIVE!! THE ORIOLES 2013 SECOND BASEMAN IS A.CASILLA OR R.FLAHERTY!! IT DRIVES ME KUH-RAZY WHEN I HEAR GUYS LIKE TOM DAVIS OR RICK DEMPSEY TALKING ABOUT HIS COMEBACK!!

I'm a huge Brian Roberts fan. No Oriole in the 2000's decade is more worthy of admiration and he is a future Orioles Hall of Famer. He was a terrific Oriole over-achiever in the tradition of guys like Al Bumbry or Rick Dempsey or Brady Anderson. He's had his day. Please, just let him walk gracefully into the sunset.

Yeah, it's ridiculous to count on Roberts for anything. Has everybody forgotten his abbreviated return last year? He didn't even have warning track power.

On the other hand, his batting helmet was good for a few laughs in the game day threads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users