Oh No Gio!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,308 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Gio Gonzalez has been confirmed as a player who recieved PEDs from a Doctor in Miami, Florida. This doctor has been under investigation for nearly 10 yrs. someone convinced an employee to grab and release patient records, and Gio was one of them.

Pay-Rod and Melky are also on the list of (so far) 7 players. this confirms Pay Rod lied to MLB when he said his PED use was limited to a very short and specific period of time. this confirms he has been consistently using PEDs since 2009.

this hasn't been printed anywhere yet, it's breaking news on MLB network. there hasn't been any discussion of what the possible penalties, fines or suspensions may be, if any. but it's doubtful these players will just be given a stern talking to.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#2 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,457 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Nelson Cruz listed as well. Big story.
The kids are alright.

#3 infinite looper

infinite looper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

surprised Braun's name didn't come up.

#4 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Gio denies all of it.

http://www.cbssports...ions-on-twitter

#5 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Gio denies all of it.

http://www.cbssports...ions-on-twitter

Funny, all the stories refer to Bosch as "Anthony", and Gio refers to him using the more familiar "Tony" in his denial.

I'd venture to guess that Gio really does know "Tony".

On a side note....I'm thinking this is the end of A-Rod's career. It'd be a shame if the Yankees didn't have some kind of clause in his contract, letting them nullify it if something like this happened. They're on the hook for another $114 million between now and 2017 (plus another possible $30m in incentive bonuses) :D
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#6 Morgan208

Morgan208

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

AROD denied the report. So there!

#7 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,308 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Funny, all the stories refer to Bosch as "Anthony", and Gio refers to him using the more familiar "Tony" in his denial.

I don't know T-Dog, he's not my boy. :D

Gio's father has already said he (Max Gonzales) was a patient of T-Dog's.

it's geting sticky
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#8 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,898 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Link to original story:
http://www.miaminewt...est-names/full/

Names I saw: Colon, Gio, Manny, Cabrera, Rodriguez, and Cruz as well as some guys from other sports.

#9 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Link to original story:

Names I saw: Colon, Gio, Manny, Cabrera, Rodriguez, and Cruz as well as some guys from other sports.

Wow, man, I'm freakin' out. That story is, like, from the future, man.

By Tim Elfrink Thursday, Jan 31 2013

"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#10 Oriole-Bob

Oriole-Bob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Link to original story:

Wow all those names are gonna make Hector's head spin, he might jump off a building if Vlad was mentioned

#11 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,898 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Wow, man, I'm freakin' out. That story is, like, from the future, man.

This Tim Elfrink character should be trying to save Doc from the Libyans, not dilly dallying about with steroid exposes.

#12 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,351 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Given A-Rod's mediocre performance the past four years its worth asking this question:

Does HGH really enhance performance?

There's not much conclusive evidence for it enhancing performance.

It's believed that it helps athletes recover from injury faster. If that's all it does, why is it banned?
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#13 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Wow all those names are gonna make Hector's head spin, he might jump off a building if Vlad was mentioned

There's no chance that Hall of Famer Vlad the Impaler needed drugs to enhance his baseball statistics. If you look at his stats year after year during his long career, they're consistently outstanding. Au contraire (French for "in contrast"), the dopsters like Bonds, Arod, McGuire, Palmeiro, Anderson, Roberts, Gibbons, Melky, Gio, Sosa and Miggy show inconsistent stats where they perform very well when doped up and not so well in the clean years.

In many rspects, all those cheaters in effect show the true greatness of superstars like Hall of Famer Vlad the Impaler who was always outstanding without the juice. I see that Nick Johnson just announced his retirement leaving Betemit as the O's likely DH for 2013. Perhaps DD and Buck will wake up and sign the natural, Hall of Famer Vlad the Impaler.

If they do, I change my 2013 prediction from 84-78 and no playoffs to 90-72 and the playoffs. It's up to you DD and Buck - Betemit or Hall of Famer Vlad the Impaler.

Oriole-Bob, is your head spinning yet?

#14 kudzu

kudzu

Significant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,973 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Gio Gonzalez has been confirmed as a player who recieved PEDs from a Doctor in Miami, Florida.

No he hasn't.

#15 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,898 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Wow.
http://espn.go.com/n...cording-sources

If Major League Baseball disciplines Alex Rodriguez over the latest illegal performance-enhancing drug allegations, the New York Yankees plan on exploring multiple avenues in an attempt to void the star third baseman's contract.

#16 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,898 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Given A-Rod's mediocre performance the past four years its worth asking this question:

Does HGH really enhance performance?

There's not much conclusive evidence for it enhancing performance.

It's believed that it helps athletes recover from injury faster. If that's all it does, why is it banned?

Presuming he has actually been taking something, who knows how 35-36 year old Rodriguez would've performed without it? Also, 2009 and 2010 were still pretty solid years for him. And check out his 2009 postseason numbers, he pretty much carried the team.

#17 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,898 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Possibly. But it was posted on Twitter so he only had 140 characters to work with, maybe he had to cut corners? Here's his tweet, I ain't counting letters though!

https://twitter.com/GioGonzalez47

I've never used performance enhancing drugs of any kind and I never will ,I've never met or spoken with tony Bosch or used any substance

#18 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,308 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

No he hasn't.

you're a little late to the party, I posted that hours ago based on the details at that time.

they have since said they aren't sure what Gio was getting from the good doctor, but he is confirmed as being on Tony's books as a repeated recipient of something. Gio has denied being a patient or having any contact with Tony. so right away we have someone not telling the truth. we'll find out eventually.

#19 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,351 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Presuming he has actually been taking something, who knows how 35-36 year old Rodriguez would've performed without it? Also, 2009 and 2010 were still pretty solid years for him. And check out his 2009 postseason numbers, he pretty much carried the team.

He was awesome in 2009 but he's been average since then.

From what I've read on HGH, there's some who 'believe' it helps athletes recover faster from injuries although it hasn't been proven and there's zero evidence that it enhances performance.

It's not on the same level as steroids.

I'm not sure why players still risk their careers taking banned substances like HGH.
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#20 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,308 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

From what I've read on HGH, there's some who 'believe' it helps athletes recover faster from injuries although it hasn't been proven and there's zero evidence that it enhances performance.

It's not on the same level as steroids.

I'm not sure why players still risk their careers taking banned substances like HGH.

I think the accelerated recovery time is an enhancer. as you mentioned, that won't make you hit a ball further like winstall (or whatever it's called) but it artificially sustains levels of performance. so it will allow you to play at peak levels when you would otherwise, and naturally, see diminished strength and stamina

I've been hearing the comment all day "there's no proof it works". my thinking is, if it didn't work, they wouldn't use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users