Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weird-O

Who is your favorite?

20 posts in this topic

I heard an interesting topic on the radio.

The question is, who is your favorite active player that isn't on the team you root for? and why?

For me, it's probably Evan Longoria. his offensive and defensive skills speak for themselves, and he's also a very team first player. he keeps re-signing with TB without even a thought of exploring free agency, even though he could easily get much more money if he wanted to. one of his career goals is to be a 1 team guy, and he doesn't have a lot of off the field baggage.

I almost chose Ryan Zimmerman, but I sort of root for the nats, so I didn't think that was a good choice for this conversation.

Michael Morse I love to watch his crazy warm up swing. He's a team guy and has a great sense of humor. His "reenactment" homerun was an all time classic. I was hoping the O's would get him but now I'll have two reasons to see the Mariners when they come to town since Andino went there too.

Mariano Rivera comes quickly to mind, although there are several. You will never be embarrassed to hold Rivera up to your son as a role model. Modest, classy...even Red Sox fans find it hard to boo him. He is the closest this generation has seen to a Stan Musial prototype. Admirable in every way.

He had an off year in 2012 due to injury but Halladay. Really any dominant pitcher, just love watching a guy on the mound in total control.

Halladay.

I agree. In this era of specialization, it's great to see a pitcher regularly go 8+.

Derek Jeter. Plays the game right. And that play in the 2001 playoffs against Oakland at home plate still amazes me because the shortstop is NOT suppose to be where he was.

This, and I agree with the example cited. I have also been a big fan of Ichiro.

Even with his issues and his age starting to get up, give me Josh Hamilton...freak

JH seems like a good guy. that's a huge contract for a 30 HR guy.