Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RavenAlmighty

Ravens 2000

11 posts in this topic

Go Ravens!!!! Found a Flyer on my car last weekend advertising the 2000 season in a DVD box set, would like to make this a part of my off season after the Super Bowl and was just wondering if anyone here bought the set off the website.

I have the three playoff games/Super Bowl DVD set. All games in their entirety. Sadly, Ive watched all except for the Super Bowl. Not sure what website i got it from; its been years.

I have the DVDs from the 2000 playoffs as well. Commercials are cut out. Not much in the way of post-game. Interesting to watch in hindsight, especially when you consider that some of the plays the D made in that playoff run to END drives... would have extended drives today because of penalties. If I remember correctly, someone puts a horse-collar tackle on Steve McNair (well out of the pocket and down-field) that kept him short of a crucial first down late in that TEN playoff game. A play or two later the Del Greco block / Mitchell return happened. Same play happens today, and the Titans get 15 extra yards and a fresh set of downs. Frankly, I doubt the Ravens would have scored again on offense in that game... so it would have been the difference between a SB champion, or being labeled a defense-only flash in the pan that got lucky to get in the playoffs.

Who was the Cowboys safety that triggered that rule change? I forget the name. He took out Owens and some other marquee "flash" player in the same season back around '04 I think... which triggered the foolish over-reaction crack down on horse collar tackles.

Who was the Cowboys safety that triggered that rule change? I

Roy Williams

He broke Musa Smith's leg, too. I remember that one vividly, because I was laying on my couch, with a broken leg, watching that game. The announce kept saying "high ankle sprain". I kept saying "high ankle sprain, my ***, that's a broken leg".

This was for the whole season, forgot to put a link in originally, here it is.

http://www.ravens2000.com/

That doesn't look like an officially licensed product. I can't imagine that they would be of decent quality. Probably digital conversion from VHS, then burned to DVD.

That doesn't look like an officially licensed product. I can't imagine that they would be of decent quality. Probably digital conversion from VHS, then burned to DVD.

No, but as an owner of several bootleg NFL game dvds, the quality is probably okay. I've got games from the 70s & 80s that aren't exactly "digital quality", but are certainly watchable. Something recorded in 2000 probably looks okay.

But I wouldn't spend $89 for the whole season. I don't need to re-watch any of the blowouts.

No, but as an owner of several bootleg NFL game dvds, the quality is probably okay. I've got games from the 70s & 80s that aren't exactly "digital quality", but are certainly watchable. Something recorded in 2000 probably looks okay.

But I wouldn't spend $89 for the whole season. I don't need to re-watch any of the blowouts.

I was at the Cleveland blowout, so that one might be fun to watch. I actually got to see Chris Redman play!

It's got me curious enough that I might just dig in my pocket to get this. I've got some games that are older, and for the most part, they are very watchable. I don't care if it's official or not because I doubt the NFL even considered doing anything like this, so this is probably the best we're going to get.