Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OsfaninCA

Ravens Do It to Orioles

46 posts in this topic

Nice job Ravens!!! Orioles make playoffs and then Ravens one up them with SB win....awesome. This will feel better when Orioles crash and burn this year after the pathetic off season of Angelos and Duquette.

Nice job Ravens!!! Orioles make playoffs and then Ravens one up them with SB win....awesome. This will feel better when Orioles crash and burn this year after the pathetic off season of Angelos and Duquette.

84-78 is not crash and burn. It is nothing more than a reasonable mid-course correction from the predictable overachievement in 2012.

The O's will win the World Series in 2017, the year that I celebrate my 100th birthday.

I really enjoy football. I don't miss many games on tv and I go to more home games than not.

but in my world, Poe the Raven will probably always be the passenger in the car that's driven by the Oriole bird. No lack of love for the Ravens, but they only joined us in the 1990's. Whereas, I was born in the Orioles' nest.

on a great day of Baltimore sports celebration, I couldn't help but think, "I wish we could do this next Fall for the O's"

After the confetti dropped on Ray and the boys, AJ tweeted "Now it's our turn"

I know he feels it.

I want to keep the vibe positive, so I'll leave it at that.

I really enjoy football. I don't miss many games on tv and I go to more home games than not.

but in my world, Poe the Raven will probably always be the passenger in the car that's driven by the Oriole bird. No lack of love for the Ravens, but they only joined us in the 1990's. Whereas, I was born in the Orioles' nest.

on a great day of Baltimore sports celebration, I couldn't help but think, "I wish we could do this next Fall for the O's"

I know he feels it.

I probably prefer the Ravens to the Orioles. Mainly because you only get 16 games and every game is important. Plus, most games are on a Sunday and everyone gets together and what not. I still love the O's and watch most games if I can, but baseball is a loooong season.

The 2 teams have never been more connected. Hopefully some of the Orioles players took note on how the city reacts to a championship and drives them to perform better.

You actually call yourself an O's fan? Is that a joke?

I know he feels it.

I love both teams

BUT.........If I had to pick who wins a title....Orioles for me

Football has a lot more action....and I would rather watch a football game

but the Orioles are my 1st passion even after all those terrible years

I understand his frustration. for years ownership has been living in a palace having trucks of money delivered all day, every day. at the same time, they were telling the fans how poor they are. later, we have back to back years where PGA made the direct and pointed statement that the O's would be contenders. next came MASN and the promise that the RSN would put the O's on an even playing field with NY & Bos. all of these things have been proven as lies. the last comment standing was, 'there's no reason to spend money on a big ticket FA, this team isn't ready to compete, and 1 player won't make a difference.'

well, that has now been proven to be nothing more than another lie. the O's did compete. they are a competitive team, and where are the big additions to bolster them for another run at the WS? they are like the rest of ownership's truths, no-existent.

I'm giving DD & Buck the benefit of the doubt. after last season, I'm on board. but I can understand why others aren't willing to commit.

Is that response a joke? Been an Os fan for decades. Just ironic that Ravens one upped them, that is all. Questioning direction of Os in off season is not something I am alone in...particularly after their success last season. B)

Is that response a joke? Been an Os fan for decades. Just ironic that Ravens one upped them, that is all.

you were really surprised by this? the Ravens are a vastly superior organization built on drafting great talent, even when their success meant they were picking much later in each round. they have an owner (and a previous owner) who hires good people and lets them do their job.

I wasn't surprised at all.

Nothing, and so predictable regression to 84-78 will occur in 2013.

I think you're confusing baseball with how a mutual fund performs in a bearish market.

I predict you'll spam about your prediction all season long.

Last year, you predicted that a .500 record was not attainable and you were completely wrong. Yet, you consider yourself qualified to continue to criticize those very few of us who brilliantly predicted the O's surge to the playoffs. Shame on you.

What's your prediction for the O's record in 2013? Hint: 84 - 78 is the correct answer.

Last year, you predicted that a .500 record was not attainable and you were completely wrong. Yet, you consider yourself qualified to continue to criticize those very few of us who brilliantly predicted the O's surge to the playoffs. Shame on you.

What's your prediction for the O's record in 2013? Hint: 84 - 78 is the correct answer.

the stopped clock still has 1 more correct prediction than you. and the stopped clock asked me to tell you to stop boasting until you have more correct predictions than he.