4 replies to this topic

#1 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,785 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

I was surprised.
He likes Schoop, Eduardo Rodriguez, Gausman, and Bundy.
He's very high on Schoop, saying that he has a great arm and 25 homer power potential in the majors, and projects above average defensively at 3rd or average at 2nd.
Another comment, he says that the O's have a lot of power arms in the lower levels of their minors.
I'm interested to see how these guys develop.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#2 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,644 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

I haven't heard Rodriguez's name before. Schoop is getting more and more attention from the national media. that's a good sign. I like the above avg D.
the pitchers are no-brainers. everyone loves those guys. I'm inclined to believe they can both have an impact since all the praise is coming from outside the warehouse. every potential trade partner starts their asking price with Bundy &/or Gausman. so the league seems to covet them.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#3 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,644 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

Eduardo Rodriguez:

Legitimate international prospect in system lacking Latin American talent. Good feel for the game. Smooth arm action: quick, loose and gets good extension out front. Falls off 3rd base side but throws strikes and uses front side well. Deceptive. Fastball sits 90-93 mph with sink and run and he commands it well. Fastball should become a plus pitch once he’s filled out. Changeup is above-average. Slider has sharp, late break; could become above-average pitch. Ceiling is #3 starter.

http://orioles-natio...ardo-rodriguez/
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#4 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,785 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Eduardo Rodriguez:

Legitimate international prospect in system lacking Latin American talent. Good feel for the game. Smooth arm action: quick, loose and gets good extension out front. Falls off 3rd base side but throws strikes and uses front side well. Deceptive. Fastball sits 90-93 mph with sink and run and he commands it well. Fastball should become a plus pitch once he’s filled out. Changeup is above-average. Slider has sharp, late break; could become above-average pitch. Ceiling is #3 starter.

http://orioles-natio...ardo-rodriguez/

The past few months have been the first time I had heard of him.
Sounds like, from what Law is saying, there might be some other guys that come out of nowhere over the next few season.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#5 jabba2

jabba2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

One power arm he could be talking about is Hader a Maryland native that had a jump in FB velocity after he was drafted/signed, and an insane number of K's in about 19 or so innings. Since K's are one of the easier ways to judge pitching prospects, some are pretty high on him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users