Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pickle20

Whatever happened to Ghost Oriole?

17 posts in this topic

Did he ever post again after this season? Dude was so negative about the team, I wonder if winning changed his attitude at all.

The guy was/is certainly knowledgeable, and his relentless negativity was not unjustified. I expect that the Os having a really good year deprived him of his reason to live, and he gave up the ghost.

I'm surprised he has not resurfaced this off-season, as the Angelos regime seems to be back to their old ways.

I believe Ghost Oriole is Dead Orioles from the ESPN boards back in 2000-2003. Back then it seemed only a few people believed DO that the Orioles were a inept franchise. Funny what 15 straight losing seasons can do to one's opinion.

The guy was/is certainly knowledgeable, and his relentless negativity was not unjustified. I expect that the Os having a really good year deprived him of his reason to live, and he gave up the ghost.

I'm surprised he has not resurfaced this off-season, as the Angelos regime seems to be back to their old ways.

He was selectively knowledgeable and when questioned on his "findings" he either got into an argument (sometimes resulting in being banned) or just fled altogether. I really don't get this fascination for trolls though - because that is what he was. His main purpose was to stir the pot and many had fallen into it.

Speaking of trolls, where's Travis Moon?

He was never an O's fan. He just pretended to be.

His only motive was to denigrate and demean anything and everything associated with the O's organization. When it became known that Mike Flanagan had died, there was a long thread on here about it, and the pos GO made several demeaning and insulting posts about Mike in his usual underhanded way. That said it all about the guy. A total pos.

I suspect he, like most of the subbornly negative posters, had very little reason to stick around while the team was making their way to Oct. the same holds true for the #1 superfan types. I guess there's no fun in trolling your Polly Positive schtick when the team is winning.

the really bad news for them is, it doesn't look like they'll be able to pop up on a Royals board either, since they seem to be loaded up for a playoff run. my guess is you can find them on a Pirates board. the Bucks will likely do their annual swandive in July/August.

what's a troll to do

It appears that Travis is doing quite well for himself down in old San Antonio.

He is still deejaying and has the "afternoon drive" slot.

He was never an O's fan. He just pretended to be. A total pos.

Just like Moony

I hear if the Orioles are in contention for last place at the all star break GO may activate himself.

I'm thinking he just can't face the music ! All that bashing of everything Oriole is to much for him to over come.

I'm hoping he didn't do something stupid :eek:

I'm thinking he just can't face the music ! All that bashing of everything Oriole is to much for him to over come.

I'm hoping he didn't do something stupid :eek:

It's been on the rumor mill for some time that he got a job holding Kevin Frandsen's jock strap.

Also, where's the unapologetic homer from Hampden?

Also, where's the unapologetic homer from Hampden?

Right here DBag... what are you complaining about today?

Nice to see a member of my fanclub worrying where I was....