Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

When did they start naming winter storms?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 regularguy

regularguy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,339 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

So winter storm "Nemo" is dumping snow on the Northeast, and "Orca" is on its way. How have I missed the naming of winter storms? We're 14 letters into the alphabet, and I never read a word about the first 13.

#2 Mom49of4

Mom49of4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76,886 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

The Weather Channel announced Tuesday that they planned to start naming winter storms, similar to how the National Weather Service names tropical systems. Why?
My children are my legacy.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

#3 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

The Weather Channel announced Tuesday that they planned to start naming winter storms, similar to how the National Weather Service names tropical systems. Why?

They've been doing it long before Tuesday, I think they started it last year.

#4 Mom49of4

Mom49of4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76,886 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

True the date of this article is October 8, 2012.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

#5 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

True the date of this article is October 8, 2012.

You should put a quote box around words you lift from other websites, lest some may think they are your own.

#6 Mom49of4

Mom49of4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76,886 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

You are correct and my bad.

#7 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,650 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

I thought we had a thread about this last year when they started it .......

big difference between the national weather service and the weather channel .......

nothing "official" about them, they are just one of many news organizations .....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users