Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KSweeley

Torrey Smith: "We need to bring multiple championships back to Baltimore."

5 posts in this topic

Link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-torrey-smith-we-need-to-bring-multiple-championships-back-to-baltimore-20130208,0,661187.story

"I can't experience that just one time," Smith said. "We need to bring multiple championships back to Baltimore. People are saying this isn't normal. Well, why not? That's the way I'm approaching it. To make it to the top and see the look on the faces of our city, all those kids out there, it's amazing. We are a reflection of our city."

It would be so cool if the Baltimore Ravens could make it to multiple Super Bowls in a short time, but it would be very challenging to do with the salary cap and the potential loss of players as a result of the salary cap also Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti already stated that they don't want to repeat, however they want to make sure that the Ravens have a good chance to get to the Super Bowl in 2015 and GM Ozzie Newsome has also stated that they will not attempt pursuit of another Lombardi.

Link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-five-things-we-learned-from-the-state-of-the-ravens-news-conference-20130207,0,7987676.photogallery

Six and a half minutes into Thursday's annual "State of the Ravens" news conference -- which had a different feel this year with the Lombardi Trophy glistening on a small table next to the one were owner Steve Bisciotti, president **** Cass, general manager Ozzie Newsome and head coach John Harbaugh were seated -- Newsome made it clear that the Ravens wouldn't jeopardize their recent run of success by going crazy in pursuit of another Lombardi Trophy to pair with it.

"We don't want to repeat. We want to be one of the 12 teams that have a chance to win every year. If you think that we can build this up to try and repeat, it's fool's gold because we're not the favorite to win next year," Bisciotti said, referring to Vegas oddsmakers. "We're not in the top four teams that are favorites to win next year. So we want to make sure that 2015 we have as good a chance to win as 2013."

Well...then according to that, I guess fans should just take a bit of a hiatus for the next 2 years, and book their super bowl tickets for 2015.

;)

If the Ravens can keep this core group of key players I believe they will remain contenders. There are other factors like injuries (which we saw first hand this season) that have an effect on the teams performance. That aside, heck yeah this team can compete. I am curious to see what kind of magic Ozzie can work this off season.

But at this point in time I am still awash in the afterglow of one of the best SB's I've ever watched. Been watching replays all week and just can't seem to get enough of it!!

I have no doubt the Ravens have a shot next year.

We will have to see how some guys work out on the D side, though, because they are still going to need to make big plays on that side to stay SB competitive.

The schedule looks like the toughest in the league but anything can happen. I think if they draft 2 LB's a Safety and another Pass Rusher they will do well. This rookie can take over at Center and Maybe a low price FA LT but Mckinney could be the answer