Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LarryN

Wrestling removed from the 2020 Olympics

6 posts in this topic

I could never claim to be a wrestling fan (I'll watch if it's on during the Olympic, but won't go looking for it), but I think this is asinine. Here we have a sport that has been on the Olympic program since the ancient Greek Olympics, and the IOC decides to get rid of it to make room for baseball and softball, karate, squash, roller sports, sport climbing, wakeboarding or wushu? What a farce!

http://espn.go.com/olympics/story/_/id/8939185/ioc-drops-wrestling-2020-olympics

Blame NBC. I call the Olympics the "Puzzy" Olympics because the coverage is geared towards women viewers. In the "old" days Boxing was a prime time event, now if you can find it it is a weekend afternoon event, tape delayed.

Watching young girls who throw up before the gymnastics events does nothing for me. The last few years I watch the opening welcoming event and that's it.

all part of the feminization of the Olympics for the female viewers .....

they did away with boxing on prime time about a decade ago so this is no surprise ......

the primetime telecast are 30 minutes of sports and 3 hours of people magazine / good morning america touchy feely up close and personal stories ......

in 10 years the Olympics will only be ice skating, gymnastics and ball room dancing .......

oh, and they will probably add a singing competition given the ratings of American idol and the voice ....

Drop wrastlin' and pick up golf. The IOC is corrupt. Now they can charge 1.5 million a commerical becuase Tiger Woods will be golfing.

I love wrestling and fighting games.Wrestling should be include part of olympics in consistent basis.Without wrestling olympics will be boring,i don't know how they gona take that decision.