Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slidemaster

Draft talk: Where do you think the Ravens go in the first round?

37 posts in this topic

What do you think? Linebacker? O-line? D-Line?

The pragmatist in me says they should go D-line, but part of me wonders how electrifying someone like Tavon Austin would be with a QB like Flacco who loves the deep ball. I hope they don't go linebacker - unless the player in question is a transcendent talent, I feel like you can get good value in the later rounds. This is also an extremely deep draft for defense.

Thoughts?

My guess is D line or LB, but it will be the best player on the board at the time. In this draft position in 2001, we wound up with a pretty good TE.

If he fell to the Ravens because of his off the field trouble, would you care if the Ravens drafted Alec Ogletree?

If he fell to the Ravens because of his off the field trouble, would you care if the Ravens drafted Alec Ogletree?

He certainly looks like he's going to be a good player, but there are so many good LBs that have come out of rounds 2-4, it makes me wonder if there won't be a better overall talent on the board. The character issues don't bother me that much, honestly.

We'd be better off seeing who we can resign 1st before taking guesses.

We also need O-line depth.

B)

There are at least 7 really good T in this draft and at least 8 really good guards. I think to take either in the 1st round is crazy. We need to sure up the middle of the defense. Ray gone and Nghata hurt a lot these past 3 years. We need to sign Kruger, sign Joe for 16 million and cut Reed than resign him for less. If Teo is there for us i'd take him but there are 2 or 3 really good safeties in this draft as well. I would spend my 1st 3 picks on defense and than a lineman. Webb is back next year and we have some pretty good cb's. We need a hitter on defense to go with Suggs, and Pollard. Fear the Raven and win the war.

I am not expert in who is available at what point, and Ozzie's strategy is best player available, which makes sense for a defending champion especially. To me the greatest needs are the middle of the defense: DL, MLB, and S.

I am not expert in who is available at what point, and Ozzie's strategy is best player available, which makes sense for a defending champion especially. To me the greatest needs are the middle of the defense: DL, MLB, and S.

I'm no expert either, but I pity any MLB who gets drafted in the 1st round and gets tagged with the "replacement for Ray Lewis" label. It's tough to follow a legend.

The Ravens should trade up and draft wait for it......... Leon Sandcastle. This dude is unbelievable, he could be better than Deion Sanders ever was.

LOL

Right on the money.Tired of seeing this once great D get run over.

If I had to guess, I'd wager that Ozzie will opt out of the first round. Again. And beef up the main areas: ILB, OT, C, DE, FS, TE (depending on what's done with Pitta and Dickson). Pretty much in that order.

I'd LOVE to see Jesse Williams from Alabama. Unlikely he falls that far, but one can dream. Sadly I don't think he gets past PIT.

He might very well be. The highlights of that guy are insane.

He just ran a 4.25..he probably won't be there now.

This is one draft where I disagree with the "best player available". The Ravens may just have a huge hole to fill at LB....

Rays retirement

Possible losses of Ellerbe and Kruger

Will McClain cut it ?

This is one draft where I disagree with the "best player available". The Ravens may just have a huge hole to fill at LB....

Rays retirement

Possible losses of Ellerbe and Kruger

Will McClain cut it ?

They can get a starting lb in the second or third round. That isn't an expensive position to sign via FA.

He just ran a 4.25..he probably won't be there now.

Adjusted to 4.34. Even still, that's super fast.

I'd also take a serious look at Tyrann Mathieu in the 4th or 5th round. Might be undersized, but that dude loves hitting people.

He might very well be. The highlights of that guy are insane.

You should have seen him in high school and college. I was in the position to watch most of his high school and college games in person and I saw things that I never saw before. Forget his size, if he's available draft him.

You should have seen him in high school and college. I was in the position to watch most of his high school and college games in person and I saw things that I never saw before. Forget his size, if he's available draft him.

Yeah, he looks ridiculous.

How about this though? http://tracking.si.com/2013/02/24/star-lotulelei-heart-condition-combine/

Star Lotulelei, the best DT in the draft, has a potential heart condition. No idea how serious it might be, but it would be an absolute coup if they could get him near the bottom of the first round.

I'd also take a serious look at Tyrann Mathieu in the 4th or 5th round. Might be undersized, but that dude loves hitting people.

He loves getting high too. Question is which one does he like more

He loves getting high too. Question is which one does he like more

Eh, if he's successful, he wouldn't be the first NFL player who does both. Ricky Williams comes to mind.

It's a valid question though. I just generally err on the side of talent, because guys with character concerns who actually manage to get into the locker room in Baltimore seem to fly right. And he has talent, that much is certain.

Eh, if he's successful, he wouldn't be the first NFL player who does both. Ricky Williams comes to mind.

It's a valid question though. I just generally err on the side of talent, because guys with character concerns who actually manage to get into the locker room in Baltimore seem to fly right. And he has talent, that much is certain.

Yea but why waste a draft pick on a guy who might get suspended like Williams did. They néed to have serious talks with him before wasting a draft pick on him

I think Ray Lewis was the one that would straighten some guys out. He's not there anymore. Reed might not be there. Who is gonna step up?