Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bawlmer_fan

M&T Upgrades

49 posts in this topic

OK, I am not seeing any escalator upgrade :D

You beat me to it. C'mon Steve Bisciotti, put some escalators in to the 500 level!

I don't see anything that will upgrade my experience. How about more bathrooms or TVs in the bathrooms. How about fixing the cracked speakers in my section. The soundsystem was great but is showing its age. Looking at the pictures of the proposed upgrades I would prefer to keep my roughly $100 per year in ticket increases.

I'd love to see bigger / better flat screens throughout the concourses. Granted, I literally never leave my seat during game action (except maybe when the Ravens are up BIG in the final 2 or 3 minutes), but the monitors they have up right now aren't exactly the best...

what's wrong with walking up 196 steps to the 500 level? I do it and I'm in my 50's....escalators come with unnecessary overhead expenses...don't like the steps? use the ramps. This damn country is getting too soft....

what's wrong with walking up 196 steps to the 500 level? I do it and I'm in my 50's....escalators come with unnecessary overhead expenses...don't like the steps? use the ramps. This damn country is getting too soft....

I'm an elevator mechanic and have worked on escalators over the past 23 years and there are nothing but a pain. Especially ones that are always in contact with the outside and weather.

You beat me to it. C'mon Steve Bisciotti, put some escalators in to the 500 level!

I'll second that. Or third it.

The need for an escalator at a football game is a completely separate thing than the need to stay in shape. It's not our issue that this is the only way you get your exercise.

I'll second that. Or third it.

1) More restrooms

2) Escalators

3) More and better big screen TVs on the concourses.

4) All the hotdogs in my section were cold during the Colts playoff game. Can we get better concession stands?

I'd rather upgrade the above than what is being proposed.

what's wrong with walking up 196 steps to the 500 level? .

I don't like it :D

I do it and I'm in my 50's....

So am I :D

....escalators come with unnecessary overhead expenses....

I don't care :D

It amazes me that the Ravens moved from a 1950s era stadium WITH two efficient escalators to a brand new stadium with NO escalators.

Heres the deal, the folks who sit upstairs in the 500 sections are not high profit crowd, cheapest tickets, likely not big spenders, like the downstairs fans and club level folks.

Just a guess on my part, I would say the number of restrooms per fan on the 500 level, is way less than the lower bowl.

Always remember in life, that money follows money.

If the MD stadium authority has to sign off these improvements, they should disapprove them without escalators in the plan.

Designers continue to lose revenue opportunities year round. The old standard of building under the stands works for space saving but the stadium should have two or three anchor outlets that can be accessed all season. Look at Camden yards they have a store in the warehouse open to public most of the year. IN Seattle they have a massive store that is accessable from inside the stadium and outside the stadium as they do in Houston. Obviously you can not enter the satdium side without a ticket or you can close off the outside entrance on game days.I suggest they place at least one restaurant, a store and Ravens museum that can be accessed year round. That would mean going to the opposite side of where the concessions currently are.

The problem is the location. Not much draws the public past the MLK overpass except for game days. I am excited to see how the Ravens use the LED boards on the side of the big HD boards. Hope the upgrade looks as good as OPaCY's did last year. I think the Ravens should hang big Super Bowl banners where they show up on TV as another addition.

I'm an elevator mechanic and have worked on escalators over the past 23 years and there are nothing but a pain. Especially ones that are always in contact with the outside and weather.

I remember going to see the Ravens play the Redskins last year at FedEx and one of the escalators that went to the top level was broken. I joked that they were maintained by the same people who fix the ones on the Washington Metro which is even worse than Baltimore's MTA.

The need for an escalator at a football game is a completely separate thing than the need to stay in shape. It's not our issue that this is the only way you get your exercise.

it's not, if it was I'd collapse on the way up...hell my bother (also in his 50's) runs the damn things.......sounds like the couch potato in you would do well to hike up Mt Raven......

I don't like it :D

So am I :D

I don't care :D

My feeling as well. Lol

The stadium could definitely use more bathroom stalls. I prefer not to piss standing next to some drunken slob who is yelling about how Flacco sucks.

Maybe they should see if they can find the old escalators from Memorial

Stadium. Maybe there were made in the US and not imported from China.

They seemed to have lasted for many decades.

The public paid a lot of money to have M & T built, they expect and deserve escalators.

Camden Yards has escalators, works well for MLB fans.

Plus the folks with money sit in the lower bowl or the club level, the working class folks don't need escalators.

I sit 3 rows from the top of the stadium in section 540.

The ramps and stairs work just fine for me.

I've always been surprised that escalators to the upper level were never part of the original plan. My dad will be 80 by opening day this year, so the steps have been out of the question for years now. We go in early enough that the elevator lines are still reasonable, but I'd imagine that a "novice" stadium-goer that relies on the elevators (physically) and walks up say just 20 minutes before kick-off is almost guaranteed to miss some of the action.

I don't recall seeing escalators to the top in many of the other NFL stadiums I've been to, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. I can only imagine there's a liability angle they're worried about somehow. There are more people in the upper deck alone for a football game than there are in the entire stadium for most Orioles games. More drunks doing stupid crap. Colder weather games mean more bulky clothing, baggy wind pants, people with blankets and scarves that might be dragging on the ground, etc.

Maybe they should see if they can find the old escalators from Memorial

Stadium. Maybe there were made in the US and not imported from China.

They seemed to have lasted for many decades.

The public paid a lot of money to have M & T built, they expect and deserve escalators.

Camden Yards has escalators, works well for MLB fans.

Plus the folks with money sit in the lower bowl or the club level, the working class folks don't need escalators.

Just wondering because I don't remember. Where were they and did they just go up one flight at a time?

There is something to be said for the type of manufacture and maintenance of the unit. I would also guess that the one at OPACY isn't being used in the harsher conditions that the cooler seasons bring. Just look at the ones in the DC metro. They have been a mess and the city had to end up putting some kind of cover on all the ones that have he worst exposure to the elements.

Look I'm just speaking from the view of working and maintaining them. To me they are not worth the trouble they bring. Just a big noisy greasy meat grinder. I avoid them and if I have to take one, I never hold onto the handrail.

I also don't remember seeing any in Foxboro.

The stadium could definitely use more bathroom stalls. I prefer not to piss standing next to some drunken slob who is yelling about how Flacco sucks.

Stalls take up too much room. They need to take out the urinals and install urinal troughs. You could fit more guys in there doing their business with that, and the lines would be shorter.