8 replies to this topic

#1 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,648 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Just heard it on MLB radio. He said he thinks Maddux cheated because his pitches moved differently than anyone else's in baseball, and then openly stated that Maddux threw a spitball. He did also go on to say that Maddux was great and he loved to face him because he was the best.

Pretty frank words to put right out there on the airwaves. He must feel pretty confident about them.
The kids are alright.

#2 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,947 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

I heard him say players are getting screwed by the new "qualifying offer" free agency rules. he said it's embarrassing that Lohse is unemployed. if I had the time, I would have called in to point out that Kyle could have accepted a $13M+ offer, but he decided he was better than that. apparently the market disagrees with him.

Cliff has been called out by listeners in the past for being out of touch with the real world and the economic struggles that real people face. this was on the heels of Cliff saying that MLB players live hard lives and we simple folk don't understand the amazingly difficult lifestyle that accompanies ballplayers. we don't know how hard it is to have to move their families from city to city.

I know Cliff, it's unbearable. :rolleyes:
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#3 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

As a Braves fan who watched Maddux pitch a lot watching WTBS Floyd is full of it. During his career no one ever accused him of this.

#4 flarkenberry

flarkenberry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,751 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Do you think he rubbed testosterone on his balls? The ones he threw, obviously.
The path to baseball wisdom begins here.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

I always thought umpires gave him and Glavine 6"-8" off the plate--------- A LOT

As for spitballs......it's possible.

#6 infinite looper

infinite looper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

I always thought umpires gave him and Glavine 6"-8" off the plate--------- A LOT

As for spitballs......it's possible.

More like 4-6", but guess what? If you pound the same spot you're going to widen most umps' zones. The good ones know this.

#7 kudzu

kudzu

Engorged Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,620 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Just heard it on MLB radio. He said he thinks Maddux cheated because his pitches moved differently than anyone else's in baseball, and then openly stated that Maddux threw a spitball. He did also go on to say that Maddux was great and he loved to face him because he was the best.

Pretty frank words to put right out there on the airwaves. He must feel pretty confident about them.

What's the current status of Cliff's Mensa application ?

#8 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

More like 4-6", but guess what? If you pound the same spot you're going to widen most umps' zones. The good ones know this.

absolutely

but on the other hand it makes umpires look bad

the rules are the rules

#9 Oriole-Bob

Oriole-Bob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Madux was a straight up dominant pitcher, not with power but finesse his whole career. Spent what 20 years in the league and was never caught or rumored to be a cheat. He was the greatest pitcher I have seen i'm in my 30's. And he did all this with steroid juiced batters which makes it that much more impressive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users