Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ravens2006

Breaking News re: Jacoby Jones!

14 posts in this topic

Florio is a major ****. He's like that annoying little tattle tale in elementary school who everybody hated. Even worse than that Jones comment was his piece about Teo, for which he's getting universally blasted. On his own site.

I've heard the Jacoby Jones for MVP comment from several sports commentators. I have no issue with it. Joe deserved it, but if Jacoby won it I would be saying the same thing. He had two huge game changing plays.

And... I may actually watch Dancing With The Stars now.

Jacoby's a very all-or-nothing type of player because of his hands. He had the big return, and the long TD catch, but he didn't have any other receptions in the game. I think they'd have given it to him if he had 3 or 4 more catches, but one catch and one (albeit crucial) return... tough to go there I think. He also muffed another return, and dropped a pass that came close to being picked off. Heck, even if you watch the slo-mo of his TD catch... the ball bounces off his chest and in to his hands... could have very well been a drop if it hits at any other angle.

Torrey Smith let the ball get in to his body more when he first came out. The guy's worked his tail off to become a much better "hands" receiver than he was in early 2011. Most WRs either don't make that effort, or just never "get it", if they don't already have it. I'd love to see... 1) Jacoby work really, really hard on his hands when he's not dancing, and 2) the Ravens not cut him.

Jacoby's a very all-or-nothing type of player because of his hands. He had the big return, and the long TD catch, but he didn't have any other receptions in the game. I think they'd have given it to him if he had 3 or 4 more catches, but one catch and one (albeit crucial) return... tough to go there I think. He also muffed another return, and dropped a pass that came close to being picked off. Heck, even if you watch the slo-mo of his TD catch... the ball bounces off his chest and in to his hands... could have very well been a drop if it hits at any other angle.

Torrey Smith let the ball get in to his body more when he first came out. The guy's worked his tail off to become a much better "hands" receiver than he was in early 2011. Most WRs either don't make that effort, or just never "get it", if they don't already have it. I'd love to see... 1) Jacoby work really, really hard on his hands when he's not dancing, and 2) the Ravens not cut him.

Excellent analysis, IMO.

Jacoby's a very all-or-nothing type of player because of his hands. He had the big return, and the long TD catch, but he didn't have any other receptions in the game.

THIS!!!

Look, Jones was a big part of the victory, i'm not taking that away from him. But he had ONE big (HUGE) catch (that was thrown by Joe), and returned a kick off for a TD.

2 big plays does not make an MVP.

I told my son the same thing when we watched the instant replay of the long bomb... I was pretty surprised he still made the catch after the ball hit his chest first.

Agreed....how can you give the MVP to a guy who made 2 plays ? Game changers for sure but not enough in my eyes.

I like Jacoby...but lets be real here. He was let go by the Texans for 2 reasons. Dropping passes and fumbling. He had his share of drops this season in limited chances.