Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

If there was any doubt that Adam Jones is the leader of this team...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,574 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

This should erase it.

http://www.baltimore...olumn?track=rss

I hope he goes out and plays mad as hell this year. I hope they all do. I love teams with something to prove.
The kids are alright.

#2 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,496 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

MLB network did a series called "face of the franchise" they chose a player from each team. they chose Wieters. I thought that was odd because AJ really seems much more out front for the team. and I've heard/read things about the clubhouse that seem to paint him as a Frank Robinson for this O's team.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#3 escheinersold

escheinersold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

MLB network did a series called "face of the franchise" they chose a player from each team. they chose Wieters. I thought that was odd because AJ really seems much more out front for the team. and I've heard/read things about the clubhouse that seem to paint him as a Frank Robinson for this O's team.

In Adam Jones words, To Hell With Them. How can anyone argue with the last two months of the season and the compliment of the players that put the Organization back n the lime light (playoffs). Yes I would have liked a serious input to the offense in the offseason, but not at the expense of over paying and giving up Gausm and/or Bundy.

To pick the Orioles last, is to say Boston has perfomed a miracle in correcting it’s structural player problems, the Yankees have not gotten older and their pitching has not gotten rid of question marks and defense is questionable and Arod is dlemna, Toronto has bought a team that will have no down falls such as Beurle getting older and being a 500 pitcher Reyes playing healthy.

So "YES" Hope Spring Eternal and "Let's Do It Again". Lets go deeper in playoffs and please media get your cying towels out for for prognostications. ADAM JONES is not going to let the team fall back from last year. He is DRIVEN and will be the Leader . He is starting to look like Frank Robinson in leadership qulaities. He saw what playing with a chip on your sholder (as the Ravens did) can doo to drive a team to the promised land.
Prediction End of Season Standings

Playoffs
Tampa Their pitching is too deep in previous experience and add their manager.
Orioles Defense and pitching with Buck is the same manger quality with Madden.

Looking in
Toronto
Boston
Yankees The dis-assembly begins.
Ed So Pa Fan
:P

#4 hector

hector

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

In Adam Jones words, To Hell With Them. How can anyone argue with the last two months of the season and the compliment of the players that put the Organization back n the lime light (playoffs). Yes I would have liked a serious input to the offense in the offseason, but not at the expense of over paying and giving up Gausm and/or Bundy.

To pick the Orioles last, is to say Boston has perfomed a miracle in correcting it’s structural player problems, the Yankees have not gotten older and their pitching has not gotten rid of question marks and defense is questionable and Arod is dlemna, Toronto has bought a team that will have no down falls such as Beurle getting older and being a 500 pitcher Reyes playing healthy.

So "YES" Hope Spring Eternal and "Let's Do It Again". Lets go deeper in playoffs and please media get your cying towels out for for prognostications. ADAM JONES is not going to let the team fall back from last year. He is DRIVEN and will be the Leader . He is starting to look like Frank Robinson in leadership qulaities. He saw what playing with a chip on your sholder (as the Ravens did) can doo to drive a team to the promised land.
Prediction End of Season Standings

Playoffs
Tampa Their pitching is too deep in previous experience and add their manager.
Orioles Defense and pitching with Buck is the same manger quality with Madden.

Looking in
Toronto
Boston
Yankees The dis-assembly begins.

Interesting post but your thoughts on the AL East for 2013 are off. Here are the final standings and records:

Boston 91-71
New York 89-73
Tampa 87-75
Orioles 84-78
Toronto 72-90

The above predictions are the product of thoughtful analysis and 90 years experience watching and interpreting baseball results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users